Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 06:38 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortinaboy View Post
Jeez, I'm glad this thread isn't a fishing show - -I'd have switched off this whinging ages ago. What's the big deal with seeing 2 floating fish in 200 shows anyway? Hard to figure out if you're angry at the editor for missing the shot, or Paul for having the temerity to have a fish die in show 10000 or whatever it is. Do you guys reckon every fish you release survives? This nonsense of wanting to pretend than nothing unfortunate (e.g floating fish) ever happens is more damaging that just being straight up and acknowledging that while we do our best, sometimes the fish dies. Things always look worse when they are discovered than when they are explained up front.

I watch Ifish it if its on, but I only see it rarely and I liked it better when Lee Raynor was on there (what actually happened there? Did Lee get booted off?). I do laugh when people reckon they'd rather see 'real' fishing though. yep, I reckon a half hour of me plodding along the bank of the Maribyrnong catching a rat bream is going to be a top rating show.
well said. couldnt agreee more.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:09 AM
Mature Bream

I think you all need to get over yourselves , if you think you can do better then go for it , put your money where your mouth is , if not then change the channel simple

Ozzy
Old 07-03-2013, 07:25 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy1 View Post
I think you all need to get over yourselves , if you think you can do better then go for it , put your money where your mouth is , if not then change the channel simple

Ozzy
THIS THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO ABOUT HATING A PARTICULAR FISHING SHOW, not once have I made that statement!

Last edited by sexton; 07-03-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:01 AM
Big Bream

Sexton, yes I have read your posts. You are saying it is stupid and ignorant to show a floating fish in a fishing show - even by accident apparently. I happen to believe it is no big deal at all. What exactly do you think is going to happen? Do you think a green group is going to call a press conference to alert the world that Paul caught a fish, tried to release it unharmed, but the fish died? Personally, I don't think that's going to hit the headlines. As I said, I happen to believe that we (fishermen) are far better off not trying to pretend the world is perfect and pretend that every fish we catch lives happily ever after. Doing that just sets us up for a fall when reality hits. Far better to make an effort to show that we're trying to do the right thing and then that becomes the story, not the 1% of the time where that doesn't work as we'd hoped.

As a matter of interest, if showing one fish dying by accident is such a disaster and deserving of so many exclamation marks and outrage, why aren't you jumping up and down about fishing shows where the fish is thrown into an ice slurry or whacked over the head while it bleeds all over the deck? I imagine the greenies would be far more worried about that than they would about two failed attempts to catch and release.

Last edited by Cortinaboy; 07-03-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Blue Lip

Ok...I had no intensions of this thread turning into a "I like this better and this bloke is better" type of thread.That was not what I was trying to do,so please do not misjudge my intensions. The has gone totally in the wrong direction. I was just pointing something out. So lets just all agree to dissagree and move on
Old 07-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexton View Post
Ok...I had no intensions of this thread turning into a "I like this better and this bloke is better" type of thread.That was not what I was trying to do,so please do not misjudge my intensions. The has gone totally in the wrong direction. I was just pointing something out. So lets just all agree to dissagree and move on
Agree 100% lets move on................now who likes boobies?
Old 07-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgee_Man View Post
Agree 100% lets move on................now who likes boobies?
Old 07-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Banned

I agree entirely with all your points Cortinaboy. Sexton was everyone on this thread just supposed to jump on the bandwagon and agree with you? Or was it raised so we can have a healthy debate? Think it is pretty clear that some of us don't necessarily see it in the same light that you. Why don't you start up your own show a film thousands of episodes and see if you can get it perfect every single time and never have a fish die or at least never have one shown on camera. We don't have to like his show, i'm not a fan but like i said earlier you don't have to watch it. Maybe instead of putting it all over a public forum if you have an issue with the guy contact him yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortinaboy View Post
Sexton, yes I have read your posts. You are saying it is stupid and ignorant to show a floating fish in a fishing show - even by accident apparently. I happen to believe it is no big deal at all. What exactly do you think is going to happen? Do you think a green group is going to call a press conference to alert the world that Paul caught a fish, tried to release it unharmed, but the fish died? Personally, I don't think that's going to hit the headlines. As I said, I happen to believe that we (fishermen) are far better off not trying to pretend the world is perfect and pretend that every fish we catch lives happily ever after. Doing that just sets us up for a fall when reality hits. Far better to make an effort to show that we're trying to do the right thing and then that becomes the story, not the 1% of the time where that doesn't work as we'd hoped.

As a matter of interest, if showing one fish dying by accident is such a disaster and deserving of so many exclamation marks and outrage, why aren't you jumping up and down about fishing shows where the fish is thrown into an ice slurry or whacked over the head while it bleeds all over the deck? I imagine the greenies would be far more worried about that than they would about two failed attempts to catch and release.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breamobsession View Post
I agree entirely with all your points Cortinaboy. Sexton was everyone on this thread just supposed to jump on the bandwagon and agree with you? Or was it raised so we can have a healthy debate? Think it is pretty clear that some of us don't necessarily see it in the same light that you. Why don't you start up your own show a film thousands of episodes and see if you can get it perfect every single time and never have a fish die or at least never have one shown on camera. We don't have to like his show, i'm not a fan but like i said earlier you don't have to watch it. Maybe instead of putting it all over a public forum if you have an issue with the guy contact him yourself.
Like I have said..... PLEASE LETS ALL JUST MOVE ON! I am not going to waste any more of my time arguing about this. The way this thread has gone,was not my intensions at all. We all have an opinion and thats fine. And thank you for your concern Breamobsession,maybe this was not the right place to voice my opinion,and yes your advice has been noted.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Mature Bream

A mate of mine did a charter with a certain kingfish on Pittwater guide, around 2007. A TV host (named earlier in this forum) was filming for his show. Couldn't catch bugger all except for squid.

They pulled up to refuel in Pittwater, and my mate splices ona squid tenticle to his jighead and lobs in under the pontoon. Bang, fat little breambo. No quicker than ol mate had the bream in the boat, (TV presenter) grabs it, threads a 2inch GULP sandworm, re-threads the hook into the breams' mouth and chucks back into the water.... grabs the rod from mates hands... turns camera on.

Wow... these new GULP 2inch sandworms are the tits!

hahahahahah
Old 07-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
A mate of mine did a charter with a certain kingfish on Pittwater guide, around 2007. A TV host (named earlier in this forum) was filming for his show. Couldn't catch bugger all except for squid.

They pulled up to refuel in Pittwater, and my mate splices ona squid tenticle to his jighead and lobs in under the pontoon. Bang, fat little breambo. No quicker than ol mate had the bream in the boat, (TV presenter) grabs it, threads a 2inch GULP sandworm, re-threads the hook into the breams' mouth and chucks back into the water.... grabs the rod from mates hands... turns camera on.

hahahahahah
Now that's pathetic!! lol
Old 07-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveH View Post

hahahahahah

Happens more often than you'd think. There is a DVD that clearly shows a bream with different lures in its mouth in different frames. You can tell its the same fish because when he shows the fish there is blades of dry grass in the exact same spots on its flanks.
Closed Thread