Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > General Tournament Chat

Old 25-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Big Bream

Mate you think that's bad try fishing the comps up here in NSW
On the weekend I fished to BETS st George's basin round 4 now in this comp there was 94 boats, now on the same day was the pirtek challenge and a kayak comp
I know for a fact this system got flogged for a whole week straight and its a very small lake compared to other arenas
For the love of me I do not know why guys go out the day before and smash the fish then wonder when they donut why the fish weren't there again
We finished 12 th with 2.81kg which we were happy with the fish were all over the sounder in our spot just didn't want to bite due to weeks of being hammered
Ban pre fishing for a week leading to the event and let everyone put the puzzle together on game day that will show your true skill as an angler rather than spend the week smashing the system
pb snapper on plastic 58cm folk
Old 25-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Poddy Bream

Breamobsession,
Welcome to tournament fishing. It's a tournament, it's not meant to be easy. It separated the good from bad!!
Old 25-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzbomb View Post
Breamobsession,
Welcome to tournament fishing. It's a tournament, it's not meant to be easy. It separated the good from bad!!
okay Not sure i ever said it was meant to be easy did I? I was simply asking a question that i know a lot of other guys are also asking.

Your valuable contibution to this thread is appreciated mate

Last edited by Breamobsession; 25-03-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old 25-03-2013, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayojay View Post
Mate you think that's bad try fishing the comps up here in NSW
On the weekend I fished to BETS st George's basin round 4 now in this comp there was 94 boats, now on the same day was the pirtek challenge and a kayak comp
I know for a fact this system got flogged for a whole week straight and its a very small lake compared to other arenas
For the love of me I do not know why guys go out the day before and smash the fish then wonder when they donut why the fish weren't there again
We finished 12 th with 2.81kg which we were happy with the fish were all over the sounder in our spot just didn't want to bite due to weeks of being hammered
Ban pre fishing for a week leading to the event and let everyone put the puzzle together on game day that will show your true skill as an angler rather than spend the week smashing the system
Yeah i know the basin mate, used to fish it a lot as a kid, spent half my life fishing in and around Huskisson growing up. Yeah that's a shite load of boats mate, well done finishing as well as you did. I agree with your points personally.
Old 25-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breamobsession View Post
lol you are a step ahead of me mate, i'm a Yak fisho don't even own a boat haha, fish out of team mates boat and it ain't no Skeeter yes they may be an advantage but they are not essential, plenty of comps are one in small boats mate
Nothing wrong with Yak fishing brother....i fish a lot out of my Yak and do well.

And i have no doubt comps can be won in small boats if you know where to look and play the right cards JOB DONE!

Its more a $$$$ problem for me. I would rather spend the money on a new rod/reel or some lures for me the missis or the kids take them out local and enjoy my day out.

DON'T GET ME WRONG WOULD LOVE TO DO BOTH BUT UNFORTUNATELY FOR ME THAT IS JUST A DREAM!!
Old 25-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Eye Dear View Post
Nothing wrong with Yak fishing brother....i fish a lot out of my Yak and do well.

And i have no doubt comps can be won in small boats if you know where to look and play the right cards JOB DONE!

Its more a $$$$ problem for me. I would rather spend the money on a new rod/reel or some lures for me the missis or the kids take them out local and enjoy my day out.

DON'T GET ME WRONG WOULD LOVE TO DO BOTH BUT UNFORTUNATELY FOR ME THAT IS JUST A DREAM!!
I know what you are saying mate believe me. I only got into it last year and was not planning on continuing but caught the bug when we did really well in our first comp in Metung last year, since then i've had the lows as well lol. I will fish out this year but after that who knows mate, i think a bit like you and really don't have the cash to keep it up long term probably, i'd rather be spending it on my young fella as he gets older and just enjoying fishing for fishing, guess its just that competetive spirit that keeps me in in for the time being.