Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Getting Started

Getting Started If you’re new to the Sport then this is the forum for you.

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 08:10 AM
Fingerling

Fishing the the yacht clubs

Okay I have only really fished for bream down augusta way, and just starting to get into the river.

I have been hanging around the yacht clubs around claremont nedlands ( flying squadrn, claremont, freshwater bay) they all seem to have no fishing signs.

I keep on hearing about how people are fishing around them so are people just ignoring them, how are people fishing them?

second are people using hardbody lures like orgee type one on them to any great success? how do you work these lures in the yacht clubs?

Thankyou very much for any help you might give me.

Jon T C
Old 11-05-2003, 08:31 AM
Mature Bream

places to go

Hi Jon, the yacht clubs don't like any one on their property throwing fishing gear around the boats, if you go through the gates you will see a no fishing sign on all the entrances and you will be asked to leave, sometimes not in a friendly way either, the shore line along from Nedalands yacht club to Jo jo's restaurant is a good place to try, under the Narrows, near the Brewery, places like that, use plastics and hard bodies, the blowies will destroy your softies if you are not careful.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:55 AM
Fingerling

Are there any conditions which are better?

Are there any sort of aquatic terrain to focus on?

Is it worth trying to pull a lure behind a kayak around the yacht clubs
Old 11-05-2003, 10:17 AM
Big Bream

if you have a kayak i reckon its worth coming into the yacht club in the kayak from the deep end and throwing soft plastics under the walk ways and pylons if u can. I think sp's are the best bet here as its hard to throw hardbodise around and get em to dive deep enough
Old 23-05-2003, 05:33 AM

South Perth Yacht Club

Hi

Has any one been down to south perth yacht clup?
I have heard about people catching them there and i have been there but i only caught a flathead. Has anyone caught any bream there??

Daniel
Old 23-05-2003, 06:48 AM
Poddy Bream

Hi Daniel

me and JigJedi went down there about 3 weeks ago
was a pretty quiet day everwhere we went. Got a smallish tarwhine on SP and a few misses but that was about it

Went there again about a week ago and within all of about 1 cast some guy came over wearing one of their fandangly shirts and asked us to leave
bummer!

has anyone else had any troubles fishing SofPYC?
Old 23-05-2003, 07:52 AM
Big Bream

Some suckers we've pulled from PFSYC in the last couple of days on some Bream Rubbers..cheers to Ev for being a member and letting a couple of us in, they're pretty strict there as with most yacht clubs but sometimes they'll let you off..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg evan with a nice one(amazing i know).jpg (67.1 KB, 665 views)
Old 23-05-2003, 07:56 AM
Big Bream

A 37er taken this evening on a bream rubber..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg club bream - breamski lures 37cm.jpg (71.8 KB, 663 views)
Old 23-05-2003, 08:01 AM
Big Bream

another sucker from this evening..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg club - mitch - breamski.jpg (76.9 KB, 613 views)
Old 23-05-2003, 08:04 AM
Big Bream

Chilling out on the boardwalk. From today the little Avenger will be retiring, enter the Biomaster 1000...mmm..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 37cm - breamskie lures.jpg (81.2 KB, 583 views)
Old 23-05-2003, 08:33 AM
Big Bream

hey mitch nice photos and fish What size jigheads are you using it those shots? Are you importing the biomaster?
Old 23-05-2003, 08:47 AM
Big Bream

Hey dude, thanks. Umm I think the jigheads were 1/16th maybe, not sure man, always changing etc.

Got the Biomaster from a mate who's got a couple in Australia, It's seriously the nicest reel I've put my hands on.
Old 23-05-2003, 08:56 AM
Big Bream

Nice pickup on the biomaster, a 1000 series reel would be fairly small more chance of line twists?
Old 23-05-2003, 09:28 AM
Big Bream

It's not really that small, personally I wouldn't use anything much bigger, I hate fishing for bream with big reels. The line twist would be very minimal I believe due to some feature I'm yet to work out as I can't read Japanese haha :-) Nah I'll find out, I forgot the name of it, If I don't get back to this post with the answer I'm sure Lemess will add his bit as he's got one.
Old 25-05-2003, 06:56 AM
Mature Bream

Just to backtrack a bit, the yacht clubs do not own the foreshore, and as long as you stay off any jetties with "No Fishing" signs on them you'll be right. I've never had any problems fishing in the middle of Flying Squadron or South of Perth, and I've spent a bit of time in both.
I was poking around Nedlands Yacht Club this arvo when a gentleman told me I wasn't allowed to fish from the jetty, I told him I was going to fish from the rocks next to the jetty so it wasn't a problem. He evidently thought otherwise, so I suggested that he go fetch the commodore to clarify the issue. He went off in a huff saying he was going to do just that, and that was the last we saw of him
Now, I'm pretty sure I was in the right, but evidently we at the very least called this blokes bluff. If anyone challenges you, ask them to go and get the commodore. I think a lot of people are unawares of the actual rules regarding yacht clubs, and get intimidated pretty easily. Just remember to stay off their jetties.

Duncan
Closed Thread