Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Rods

Rods Get the goss on what’s hot, and what’s not...

Old 28-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Mature Bream

1 or 2 piece?

Hey guys,

After much consideration on a new breamin rod I am still stuck.

Now I have always been a 1 piece man as I don't have a requirement for a 2 piece as I don't need it for travelling as I have a boat and if there is any time where I go fishing the boats there so the rods go in the locker.

But after doing the research on some rods to go with my stradic ci4 2500 I am finding a lot of very attractive 2 piece rods but just can't seem to convince myself that they are as good as a 1 piece (they might actually not be as good hence why I started this thread). I was told several years ago by a very successful fisho if there is no need for a 2 piece get a one piece. So that's what i have done until now.

There are some really nice rods, Nitro's especially that are very enticing but tue 2 piece comes into play.

Could someone please help....

Cheers!
PB Golden Perch: 52cm

Last edited by Track 'em down; 28-12-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 28-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Blue Lip

I am in a similar situation and don't have a requirement for a 2 piece rod so generally have 1 piece rods and love them. In conversations at tackle stores the opinion seems to be that the way the build 2 piece rods they load up almost exactly the same as a 1 piece and I would have to agree.

So if you are sold on the 2 piece rod go for it. On the other side if you have a preference for a 1 piece, will you be critical of the rod once you have bought it comparing it to a 1 piece? On a build level I don't think it matters just depends what you will be happy with.
Old 28-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodWorm View Post
I am in a similar situation and don't have a requirement for a 2 piece rod so generally have 1 piece rods and love them. In conversations at tackle stores the opinion seems to be that the way the build 2 piece rods they load up almost exactly the same as a 1 piece and I would have to agree.

So if you are sold on the 2 piece rod go for it. On the other side if you have a preference for a 1 piece, will you be critical of the rod once you have bought it comparing it to a 1 piece? On a build level I don't think it matters just depends what you will be happy with.
I am used to 1 piece rods because it is all I own (other than a couple old school coarse fishing rods).

I love them but I also like some of the 2 piece rods that are out there and it seems there are some really good options with the 2 piece rods.

it may be time to bite the bullet and get a really good quality 2 piece rod.
PB Golden Perch: 52cm
Old 28-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track 'em down View Post
Hey guys,

After much consideration on a new breamin rod I am still stuck.

Now I have always been a 1 piece man as I don't have a requirement for a 2 piece as I don't need it for travelling as I have a boat and if there is any time where I go fishing the boats there so the rods go in the locker.

But after doing the research on some rods to go with my stradic ci4 2500 I am finding a lot of very attractive 2 piece rods but just can't seem to convince myself that they are as good as a 1 piece (they might actually not be as good hence why I started this thread). I was told several years ago by a very successful fisho if there is no need for a 2 piece get a one piece. So that's what i have done until now.

There are some really nice rods, Nitro's especially that are very enticing but tue 2 piece comes into play.

Could someone please help....

Cheers!
Ferrule technology is very very good these days, so much so that I have no qualms whatsoever with two piece rods. It doesn't affect the action and there's no noticeable loss of sensitivity, which have been the two major urban myth's that come to mind.

Have you noticed that the best value warranties also come with two piece rods?. Having to only replace a section allows them to offer a great warranty.

Some people complain that it can be a time consuming pain to align sections when assembling the rod, but there's a simple fix for that; When you put the rod together, line it up as perfectly as it can be, then take some nail polish and put a small dot on each section just above and below the ferrule. Now you simply align the dots and you'll have speedy accurate assembly.

An old Black diamond two piece Ive had for years is still one of my all time favourite rods.
Old 28-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Blue Lip

I prefer 2 piece rods, simply because you can pack it up and take it anywhere you go. They also load up just as well as 1 piece rods, and as others have mentioned, if you happen to break a section, it can be replaced.