Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Rods

Rods Get the goss on what’s hot, and what’s not...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 18-10-2009, 06:20 AM
Fingerling

they can cop some puishment though caught and brought to surface roughly around 2 and half ruler length sting ray just rough guess bigger then my arm though lol didnt want to risk on messuring it on and only using 6 pound leader didnt snap but when i went to pull wind knot out i think i put to much pressure just on the tip lesson learnt though...
Old 18-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Blue Lip

Took my Lox this morning to the Nong. First fish was a 28 cm. A few casts later - a big, fat 40 cm

Rod handled extremely well. I've upgraded to Lox from Nitro Powerbream. Nitro feels like a broomstick comparing to Lox.

Very happy (thanks Paul).

Cheers,
Alex
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nong 011_resized.jpg (406.8 KB, 450 views)

Monster Miki Addict
Old 18-10-2009, 08:13 AM
fishyreub

look good!
where can yu buy em?
Old 18-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Blue Lip

Try Compleat Angler

Monster Miki Addict
Old 18-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Try Compleat Angler
I am hearing a lot of people (inluding myself) have had issues with the fragility of the LOX rods. I went to see the guys who sold me the LOX rods and they are contemplating not getting anymore in because of it.

My take on it is that the rods are great for catching fish and can account for fairly large ones at that, but they don't respond well to being "manhandled" I know that after my recent breakage I am giving the rod a little more respect. So far I have not heard of a rod breaking doing what it is meant to be doing which is catching fish and casting lures.

As an excercise in pure speculation I would suggest that because of the price these are being sold at a fair few people will be choosing these rods over a similarly priced IM6 blank and may not understand that an IM8 blank is more fragile dunno but all i know is they feel great to fish with and catch me fish
If they're on, I'll be late, if it's quiet, I'll be late."
Old 19-10-2009, 07:12 AM
Fingerling

i love the action give when using vibes feel the action to the end of the butt but as u said very fragile when being manhandled i was being very careful but things can still can happen when not expecting it....i cant wait till i get it back again going to chase sum xos flatties my mate been getting in this spot he goes to...
Old 19-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_skezza View Post
i love the action give when using vibes feel the action to the end of the butt but as u said very fragile when being manhandled i was being very careful but things can still can happen when not expecting it....i cant wait till i get it back again going to chase sum xos flatties my mate been getting in this spot he goes to...
Should have posted this up yesterday... Replacement section arrived yesterday afternoon. All in all i am still happy with my overall experience. I would still recommend the rods but i would also recomend some extra care
Old 10-11-2009, 05:53 AM
Mature Bream

First post here (a bit of a thread dig too!) and I have to say that it looks to be a grouse site - plenty of good info getting about.

I bought one of the 6'6" LOX rods the other day and it is my first ever graphite spin stick - coming from my treasured 'glass Ugly Stik SP1100B, that I've caught (literally) thousands of fish on.

I must say that I am impressed by the build quality - certainly the Fuji components on the LOX are a good thing. This factor swayed me away from a Nitro, as the $300-odd Nitro didn't have a Fuji reel seat, which was disappointing.

I'm more of a trout man and took the Lox out last weekend for a crack down at my local river - the water is just starting to clear up nicely. I teamed it up with my Daiwa Infeet 2004 and some Berkley Firewire in 2lb. My immediate thoughts were that it casts better - longer and has a very responsive action for working lures. The fish fighting ability was good too, admittedly, the largest trout I caught was around 350grams, but the rod performed well and certainly has a strong backbone to it.

It has a really good balance and felt good to use for the 6-odd hour casting session, where I landed 4 in total and dropped plenty more.

Overall, I'm very impressed - I have had a small use of a Loomis ($500 type rod) and honestly, I cannot justify the price difference between that rod and the Lox - personally. I'm sure others will beg to differ, however, the Lox seems to be a good thing.

cheers,

Macca
Old 10-11-2009, 06:20 AM
Mature Bream

I had a bit of a play with the Lox range 6' 6", 7' 0" & 7' 2" models at my local TW store on Sunday. I was impressed, ultra light and I like the reel seat and grips. But I'd be a bit skeptical if they are not good at being manhandled. I'm not rough with my rods but when I'm out in the boat I will some times change rods very quickly and a lot of the time I'm more careless than I should be, not that I tread them badly. I may still look into the range but if there is more feed back about easy breakage I may think twice.

Cheers

AUSTACKLE
'The Winning Edge'
Old 13-11-2009, 03:45 AM
Fingerling

i have dropped it in the boat a few times didnt snap anything , reason for mine snapping i put to much pressure on the tip which any graphite rod would snap....but u still gota be careful though when i went to the warehouse i had a good talk with the guys alot a snapping cos people are leaving the rods in rod holders and then gettin loaded wit a fish or a snag ''bang'' rod tip broken cos of the angle the rod will be sitting puts to much pressure on the rod, they got a strong through out motion i love my rod which is the 7'6 1-3kg thinking of getting the new model.....
Old 16-11-2009, 01:23 AM
Blue Lip

I have had a play with the 6'6" 1-3 kg LOX at my local TW also. Very through actioned, with a bit of beef, definitely a 1-3 kg rod. Would suit light line and light leaders quite well, as the shock absorption has to be felt to be believed.

VERY light, not a fan of the seat and grips (too small for me), and not enough low down power for a lot of the fish here. Very much like a fast actioned fly rod. Very tiny tip and first couple of runners too, size 4's or 5's, best suit 10-12 lb and lighter leaders (knots). Daz at TW calls them Ted guides, 'cos he builds with a minimum of size 7's, whereas I use 5's and 6's on my light spinners. They seem to be Fuji guides, but not sure.

Overall impression, nice and light, fast tapered and good recovery, but not enough low power for me and grips need more "meat" to them. Attractive finish and wraps. Insert on the skeleton seat of the one I handled is that laminate timber, and not cork. Personally the kind of blank I would use to fish very light mono and fluoro, like 4 lb and less.
Old 16-11-2009, 06:39 AM
Blue Lip

For the cash you can't ask for much more in my opinion. Have been fishing solidly with my Lox's and not dramas apart from the obvious. I am very happy with them for the ultra light finesse on a budget.
Old 16-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Poddy Bream

We carry 6 models of the LOX rods in stock. From bream to deep water jig, and they are awesome sticks.
Have fished with them and they perform really well.
In all the time we've been selling them haven't yet had a warranty issue, but the guys over there are on the ball and are always more than willing to help out when needed.

PBs -1 x 52cm & 2 x 48cm @ Moore River on oldschool Rebel Crawdad & Tilsan Bass HBs.

The novice angler only practices what he is taught, while the experienced angler teaches himself.
Old 17-11-2009, 05:24 AM
Fingerling

two right on dat on dat great service,when i was at the warehouse they were showing me there new range and letting me play wit the rods oh so nice.. im already looking at getting another one to use on kings hehehehe i can feel the rod in my hand already lol
Old 17-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Blue Lip

Great Rod for the money, a word of warning though, the Lox rod tubes dont like it in a hot car.

Last edited by Piscateur; 17-11-2009 at 08:57 AM.