Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > General Tournament Chat

Old 02-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Big Bream

It wasnt Leon because unless you live in Perth most people in my situiation arent going to drive 4 hrs for a classic being my point.Maybe if the classics were on Saturdays.
PB SP 42
Old 02-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Mature Bream

This is just another decision made by the so called "wise men from the east" which doesn't consider the smaller states. I have really enjoyed the fishing and social aspect of the ABT in the three events I have fished.

Having two events allows you to challenge yourself to improve if you don't do well in the the first one. We have had good numbers at the ABT events in WA so this decision is very disappointing as there are new faces appearing amongst the seasoned competitors.

I am sure that there will be some drop out as being a member of an eastern states based organisation that is reducing the value of being a member is hardly likely to encourage newbies to join the ABT. Current members in WA like myself will wonder whether it is worth it to fish one comp.

Still as Hiltonlad has pointed out we are only "mexicans" over here so it doesn't really count. Bit the same for SA and Tassie as well.

Perhaps it might be time to reinvent the wheel and revive the WABT

Last edited by Maccas; 02-09-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Poddy Bream

Thumbs up

How Disappointing to hear the possibilty of reducing the WA ABT event to 1 event per year !!
I doubt if the average breaner will continue with the ABT Considering the ABT costs involved.
The ABT Events are a great nursery for upcoming breamers to join our sport and eventually go onto entering as a boaters and continue the growth of the sport here in WA .

As a new member I have found the past events so fulfilling, fishing and learning from some of the best bream anglers WA has to offer.
Its time for the Sponsors and tackle stores here in WA to maintain pressure on ABT and get behind our sport to ensure WA at least maintains 2 events per year !! otherwise the ABT is doomed to continue here in WA.

Greg Cooper
Old 02-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Blue Lip

Was there any form of announcement about the kayak rounds?
Old 02-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Poddy Bream

Re abt:

I think the abt need to look at getting the smaller boats back into the comps,there are more guys fishing for bream then ever before so why do they not enter the comps?would like to hear your thoughts and maybe the abt will get some constructive feedback.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Blue Lip

Being from WA I understand how alot of you feel but if things stay the same there may not be any ABT at all if it's currant format stays and the team events continue to prove popular, ABT would go broke, then there will ne nothing at all. So I'd be thankful for getting 1, tassie anglers are in the same boat spare a thought because they may not have any classics next year.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:41 AM
Fishing Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Cooper View Post
How Disappointing to hear the possibilty of reducing the WA ABT event to 1 event per year !!
I doubt if the average breaner will continue with the ABT Considering the ABT costs involved.
The ABT Events are a great nursery for upcoming breamers to join our sport and eventually go onto entering as a boaters and continue the growth of the sport here in WA .

As a new member I have found the past events so fulfilling, fishing and learning from some of the best bream anglers WA has to offer.
Its time for the Sponsors and tackle stores here in WA to maintain pressure on ABT and get behind our sport to ensure WA at least maintains 2 events per year !! otherwise the ABT is doomed to continue here in WA.

Greg Cooper
Considering the effort in getting anglers to go to an EC based GF, maybe it's time to see the real benefit if a WA based tournament series with out ABT. Keep the spono $$ here and see the sport continue to grow.

JMO.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BreamOnFly/
----------------------------------------------
http://www.breammaster.com/images/bea001.jpg
Old 03-09-2011, 02:18 AM

Interesting turn of events and rather than focus on doom and gloom I think there are some opportunities here.

One less ABT event actually frees up the calendar a bit and the possibility of a Southern Classic or similar event becomes worth exploring - Albany would be a good venue as the facilities of the fishing club are great and it means I wouldn't have to lug scales etc down there.

I will be catching up with Steve Morgan early November and will have a better idea of we can keep our relationship going but still build the sport in WA.

Make no mistake - the link with the National body is a key element in attracting and retaining sponsorship.

I will be contacting Stu Klose (Sthn Series organiser) and discussing how and what we can do together over the next few years and also will be meeting with a few key people to plan what the Classics can do to lift to the next level.

Craig
Old 03-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Blue Lip

Albany has lots lof bream and breamers and great facilities...can someone exain that bit about tazzie having a team event to get more people into the abt grand final..and wa can have one event....but lets just make it that we allow 6 boaters and 6 non boaters to qualify..solves the problem i say..
Old 03-09-2011, 03:48 AM
Poddy Bream

Abt 2012 what about WA ?

I understand the need for Abt to make these changes to change with the flow
of the eastern states anglers and they need to look after the majority

But this is a big deal for WA anglers no AOY for the state only 1 chance for a newbie to join the comp seen and maybe meet someone that need's a non boater for the Team events , and with less people wanting to pay all the rego fees for ABT less boat in are one qualifier anyway= less non boater spots.
Additional I felt only two premiere two day events per year was weak now down to one very sad Team events are great fun but the two day individual performance events are the 1st tier events.

Some possible solutions If WA could get some sought of additional super series rounds running so we could have one 2 day ABT qualifier round and 2 2day super series rounds (like a WABT style round) and then the State AOY would then be decided over Three comps e.g. a Walpole round Blackwood round and a Albany round maybe these could be run through the classic series banner or the ABT ? (Not trying to volunteer Craig for more work)
This could solve some WA issues of newbie’s joining the sport and make the State AOY a ongoing achievement that may be lost under this new format. Additional keep the WA anglers on their toes again with multiply two day comps to challenge oneself vs the mighty Black Bream.

Ryan
Old 03-09-2011, 04:04 AM
Blue Lip

Szarn
Until today tassie had no one to organize the classics. It's hasnow been sorted and ABT and the new organizer are looking at runing a classic at the same time as the qualifier so there is more then one event for the travelers.
That's about as much as u know.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:22 AM

I have planned to have a very capable young man assist me with the Classics next year - many of you know Matt Gillett - so that may enable us to work with the Albany crew to have either a "country" Classic or two or/and a country two day event or maybe a city two day event.

Maybe a combination but over all an increase in the number of comps.

Naturally this will depend on attracting more and new sponsors and most importantly the support of competitors.

Let me put something forward quite bluntly - people DohDohDohDohDoh and complain about things like "why don't we have comps down south etc etc" but when it comes time to sign on the dotted line - all the excuses under the sun come out about why they can't attend.

So, if the time and effort is put in by whomever, to organise more events then let's have them supported please.

Craig
Old 03-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Big Bream

Sounds good Craig.Would love the classics to be Saturdays to allow for traveling could see more out of towners but dont know how it effects the masses.
PB SP 42
Old 03-09-2011, 08:33 AM
Blue Lip

I'm all for Saturdays!
Old 03-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Big Bream

Craig we are very happy to discuss options for events down our way. We have a very capable group now that can easily run a classic or similiar event down this way.

Attached is a draft calendar for our upcoming 2011/2012 season.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf draft ABOFC 2012 calendar.pdf (54.9 KB, 37 views)