Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Lures > Soft Plastics

Soft Plastics Nothing but jubes in here…
Ecogear, Sliders, Atomic, Gene Larew, Bream Master...

Closed Thread

Old 31-12-2005, 08:52 AM

squidgies

after watching the dvd of starlo and bushys squidgie secrets part 1 and 2, im pretty impressed with their capability of catching big bream. while watching the dvd they must have caught 2 to 4 bream over 40 cm in a day. the range of colours and actions they poccess are really good. the main thing im wandering is why hardly anyone uses these plastics or talks about them?. they cant be that bad seeing they caught doulbe hookup bream over 35cm each.
whats your verdict on them
Old 31-12-2005, 08:57 AM
Big Bream

well evry body uses squidgees , i have 13 pckets so far, the thing is that starlo and bushy are pros they has mastered them that they can go out and catch 40cm plus fish evry time they go out, there is so much on the market that everyone is just going crazy wid lures
Old 31-12-2005, 09:57 AM
Big Bream

angler 3.55 what would you recommend as in size and colour when it comes to Squidgys for bream ?? and do you iuse both the wriggler tail and the fish tail ??

Have you tried the bug ?

I have already tried the gold flick bait with the black specs and had some success on it.

Cheers
Nathaniel
Berkley Line and Leader
Gamakatsu Jigs &
Squidgy Finesse Resin Heads
Old 31-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Big Bream

get 60mmwriggles in carrot, silver fox and golden eye colours and is u can get yr hands on sum hot tails
Old 31-12-2005, 10:06 AM
Blue Lip

used the flickbaits in evil minnow up the harvey dam today and the reddies loved em

BP Broadwater, best burgers on the North coast
Old 31-12-2005, 10:08 AM
Big Bream

yeh flick baits r sik i got a couple of fish on pumpkin seed
Old 31-12-2005, 08:29 PM

Favorite colours

The Black and Gold No 2 is the best of the lot as far as iIm concerned. it takes everything from bream to flounder! I also like the Silver Fox in No1 size. The Hot Tails in Gary Glitter and Black and Gold Nos 2&3 are also excellent. The red and green tails are both good. I prefer the less bright hot tails if you can find them. They give a more subtle flash of colour. I usually use the fish tails. The Squidgee wriggler in Bloodworm sizes No1-3 are excellent on bream.
Old 31-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Big Bream

thanks for the info guys I'll give it a shot when I head out later in the week.

Neil P are you refering to the fish tails or the wrigglers ??

Cheers
Nathaniel
Berkley Line and Leader
Gamakatsu Jigs &
Squidgy Finesse Resin Heads
Old 01-01-2006, 01:34 AM
Blue Lip

Ill admit the squidgies have caught me a few fish in the past but im pretty dissapointed in the qaulity nowerdays compared to when they first came out. I find some of the tails thicker then others and they wont swim aswell as others, not to mention i reckon the scent used to be stronger. Maybe its just me or maybe the stores down my way store them differently or something but i have noticed a difference in qaulity since when they first came on the market. Any one else got any views on this?

I love the silver fox in the smallest size for redfin, deffenetly a kick ass colour and wriggle when you get a good pack.
Do they make bloodworm in the smallest size?

Associated with:

www.jiggyjigs.com
"gettin jiggy with it"
Old 01-01-2006, 05:11 AM
Big Bream

hey
I saw that dvd and it really looks a piece of crap. i mea honestly just watch. they cut seens and...geeze. once u see him hookup and den a straight away a flathead jumps next to da boat.....if uve seen it u'll understand. But squidgies are still good. imo they r one of da best sps for flathead.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:50 AM

how can the video be bad when they catch huge bream and heaps of nice flatties. it would of been bad if they only caught small eastury fish. if yu want to know what a bad fishing show is then watch rex hunt. in the half hour he runs the episode he only catches a few fish. one show of his only had him catch about 5 whiting and they werent even big.
people dont want to see poofter species like that being caught.
what they do want to see is thumping bream, flathead, queenies and barra being caught on softies with light gear.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:29 AM
Blue Lip

How do you know they are even fishing on the same day? They edit and cut soo many bits out of that DVD that they could have been struggling to catch fish and they just made it look like they scored big time meanwhile it was probebly filmed over a few days on the one river before they could find some fish. They arent gonna make a promotional DVD and make it look like its hard work to catch fish on there lures. Ofcourse theres gonna spice it up a bit.

Nabs, I totally Agree they are a great for flathead.

Associated with:

www.jiggyjigs.com
"gettin jiggy with it"
Old 01-01-2006, 06:43 AM
Big Bream

ok spinn
firstly catching so many flathead in different days really doesnt cut it. i mean anyone can do that. man even the colour of the water changes. lol really im not saying squidgies are bad. just they make catching fish so easy. like they caught 20 flathead in 20 casts. it just doesnt seem rite. rex hunt catching small fish isnt the best show to watch of course. but its better than watching two guys fishing in different days. Im sure u noticed the dvd being like this. Dagga ur rite..they wont make da dvd showing they caught a few flathead in a whole days work...but if they gonna cut seens out and stuf at least make it look more realistic.
bu i suppose the dvd served its purpose...made me wanna buy squidgies and catch 20 flathead....
oh yeh and NEVER call whiting poofter speicies
Old 01-01-2006, 08:35 AM

who says they werent fishing in the same day. steve starling is one of the best anglers in australia and bushy is a great angler also, so its well possible for them to catch that amount in a day. remember eastern states flathead are far prolific than ours and bigger. and i dont think they would want to be wearing the same shirt for 3 days straight. how come they have double hookups of flaties. is that edited aswell. so when they hold two fish together if that meant to be on different days huh?

im sorry yu have a love spot for whiting nabs. go marry one if yu need to
Old 01-01-2006, 08:41 AM
Big Bream

im fine thanks...u seem to have a very soft spot for steve starling and bushy. mayb u could get their number?
Closed Thread