Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > General Tournament Chat

Old 14-08-2010, 02:58 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgy back View Post
Come on Shorty, what do you want them to do now ?? They are flat out organising the many comps now !
Now you want them to look after a kids comp.
There are some classic events around now that let under 16 year olds fish with a parent. That's pretty good

This is going to upset a few out there, but with having 4 kids at home. I don't want to turn up to an ABT comp and then have to look after a 14 year old on the water !unless they are one of my own.

So kids, keep your land based and fishing with your parents happening and when you reach 16 give it a go.

Cripes Dodgy its 2010,, 13 or 14 year old girls set sail around the world why can't the next ABT champ of the year be a 11 year old boy ?
Old 29-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Mature Bream

theres swan fish here in perth
Old 29-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by breamanater View Post
its such a shame i know a bunch of kids our age 14-15 who would give a lot of those pro's a run for there money.....

Tournament fishing is a whole different ball game than social fishing.
Old 29-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Big Bream

I agree with mandurah marine. I think it's upto fishing clubs to offer programs to cater for juniors. Locally we cater for 13 year plus juniors within a social structure. In WA I think this is important if we are to build a greater group of anglers and keep Abts happening over here.

IMHO
Stu
Old 30-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Mature Bream

As a father there is no way I would let my 14-15 year old kid on a boat with some of the people I have met over the years fishing the various comps. It would certainly be iresponsible for any organiser to even consider it and I'm only talking about a random boater/nonboater draw. ABT realise the possible ramifications and thats why you will never see it.

On the other side of the coin, it is great that some teams comps such at the Hawkesbury bream classic allow children accompanied by a parent/guardian to enter as a team. The organisers behind these event certainly deserve a big pat on the back, as they are giving children the chance to experience tournament fishing and give them a taste of what the ABT main stream events are like.

Its a shame the organisers of other teams tournaments such as the berkley and gamakatsu events, havent taken the same initiative and allowed children to enter.

The classic events, as with the berkley and gamakatsu tournaments all run under the same ABT umbrella
Old 30-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Mature Bream

Mick ,You are spot on..

It may sound all warm and fuzzy to talk about allowing juniors into ABT etc. but it's highly unworkable.

I'm pretty sure that the Gama comps let you fish with your kids as they do or did have a junior prize pack up for grabs.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: