Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > General Tournament Chat

Old 03-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Banned

i myself think its a backward step...id like to see abt keep the current format...

for myself the classics comps are ok but id much rather do the abt qualifiers for the fact that its the only one up event..classics are fun to start off with ...but as you progress...well...there might not be anything to progress to now......ive been enjoying doing the 5 events a year in abt...love them to bits

and i think even with the numbers in teams based events rising..i still think the abt qualifiers and super series events have there place and there following amongst bream anglers..

the price hike of this year was a good thing..and a further price hike wouldnt be a bad idea in my opinion..even if it meant a few droping out and giving the more serious anglers something to strive for..

its suposed to be the pinnical of events for the sport hear in aus...to see them cut back would be a shame

spiro
Old 03-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Poddy Bream

Great to hear Craig
I understand running events takes time and money however if WA were able to organise our own 2 day event as a replacement for dropped 2nd ABT event
maybe that could be coordinated with ABT to carry the same qualifying system and bragging rights as a ABT event ??
that would also reduce the pressure on individuals to compete and perform to qualify for a ABT Result
Old 03-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiltonlad View Post
It wasnt Leon because unless you live in Perth most people in my situiation arent going to drive 4 hrs for a classic being my point.Maybe if the classics were on Saturdays.
Not a real argument as we often drive 4 hours down there to fish, pay fuel accomodation etc. Or some of us fly over east and fish tournaments which is always a 3 or 4 day thing and around a grand. So it boils down to what you can do and will do for the competitive side of your chosen sport.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Big Bream

Hence the mention of Saturdays to make it viable and weekends can be made of it the same as you do when you head south if you get my drift.
PB SP 42
Old 04-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Fishing Tragic

Instead of more of the same with the Classics, why not look at a 2 days event to fill in the gap created by ABT? Would be a great way to have another series for those of us who prefer 2 days on some of our southern rivers\systems.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BreamOnFly/
----------------------------------------------
http://www.breammaster.com/images/bea001.jpg
Old 04-09-2011, 04:31 AM
Big Bream

Well we have our Bream Spectacular which may get a bit more patronage which is 2 day event and a bar
PB SP 42
Old 04-09-2011, 04:37 AM
Big Bream

I don't pretend to be either a "gun fisho" or a veteran of tournaments, (I have only entered 4 classics). But with complaints about no AOY, no 2 day events, only one ABT, I am confused. Firstly there were complaints that there was only an AOY "boater" for the WA rounds, and after reading all the reasons etc, I was even more confused. Why do we in WA need to have an angler deigned WA AOY by what is esentially an easter staes run comp. Why isn't there a points system in the classics and the over all winner from all four rounds, plus GF, used to make a WA AOY, needn't win the GF to be WA AOY. I am sure that Craig has his nose to the grindstone with a solution, but how about the classics expanding from Perth Mandurah, Perth Mandurah to include either 2 of Blackwood, Albany and Walpole. Afterall Charlie and the boys come to Perth/Mandurah for all rounds. Just an observation from an innocent bystander.

Cheers John "ozzy(05)" Osborne
Old 04-09-2011, 04:45 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiltonlad View Post
Well we have our Bream Spectacular which may get a bit more patronage which is 2 day event and a bar

A lot of folks have been looking on with interest after last year,,tell them to stock that bar my advice would be
Old 04-09-2011, 05:16 AM
Big Bream

Hey,

All states have reduced comps. I'm in NSW and it has 2, but the southern one will be at least 8 hours drive so just one for me as well. With a new bub I just can't travel to do comps as much as I would like to.

It is the only ABT event I will do, the other will be team events which are non ABT, except maybe one. I don't have a problem being a ABT member to fish one event. I enjoy the TAG mag and always hope I will qualify for the Classic GF.

I do enjoy the ABT format of boater non boater and am hopeful that this is just a minor hicup along the way and things get sorted in 2012.

Cheers,
Old 04-09-2011, 06:19 AM

John

The Classics do have an AOY but it is a team AOY as the Classics are a team based event.

All

The Southern series of bream events are well run and growing so maybe we metropolitan based anglers could patronise those a tad more.

As said I will work with the Southern Guys to see how viable a 'Country Classic' is - give us a bit of time.

There has been a bit of talk about having a two day series but it has only been the last few years that the ABT numbers grew to a sufficient size that ensured we didn't lose these events all together.

One of the keys to the Classics success is that they only take up one day of weekend which fits in well with those who work Saturdays or have family committments.

Would a two day series be viable?

Maybe run a two day event and use the results from that plus the ABT to produce an individual AOY - maybe even link it to a Sthn Series two day event and have the ability for Anglers to drop their worst result - just thoughts/ideas - we'll see how it all fits together.

Craig
Old 04-09-2011, 07:14 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Would a two day series be viable?
In my opinion, no.

1 or 2 a year is great but any more and I bet a lot of anglers will struggle to get to them all. They may just go to a couple of the 'arenas' they like the most.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Big Bream

I would say yes for 2 day comps but what ya could do is maybe only do it in 2 of the 5 comps or make the gf a 2 event plus could do a 2 day event at blackwood as a special round Which would be nice

Sponsored by:
DUO LURES AUSTRALIA
Old 04-09-2011, 07:52 AM
Mature Bream

All Classics in TAS have been two day events. I would have preferred to see the Derwent remain as a 3 day Super Series event. Making that 3rd day really seems to mean something and doing it while chasing the biggest bags in Aust is even better.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: