Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Rods

Rods Get the goss on what’s hot, and what’s not...

Old 30-01-2018, 05:43 AM
Poddy Bream

Jackall-Shimano Rod.

Whilst at Bemm River was snooping around Marks Bemm River Bait and Tackle, its one of those quirky shops run by an active fisherman. Judging by his stock he is a Tackle Rat after my own heart, not afraid to try new things....just because he likes the look or feel or how they work. He also stocks mostly lures that work in those parts and seems to avoid the latest must be seen using kinda stuff.
In other words a fishermans tackle shop rather than a Tackle Trap.
He is also hooked into a wide network of Tournament anglers so is kept well up to date with what working where and whats not.

So sniffing around I pick up a Jackall branded rod. Gave it a swish around and had peek at the specs.....
7'-0" 3-6lb.....3 - 10g Poison SpiralX the model is called ADRENA.
The initial impression was stiff, ample guides for a spin rod, in fact as many as I would build in. Cosmetics understated black and silver and Ci4 winch. Pedigree a joint project with Shimano aimed at the USA bass market.

I liked it a bit so I took the plunge and bought it.
My.mates laugh at my rods usually and call them spag noodles, rapier thin and long with micro guides....this is at the minimum length for me.

Took it straight out and matched it with an Abu Revo SX 20 4lb braid and 3lb flurocarbon leader. Fishing a suspending Jackall Squirrel lure.
Coupa quick casts to get the feel and tried a couple of different retrieves to find how the bream wanted the presentation with this substantially stiffer rod..
Third cast sank the lure and did my favoured move drag and bump...first or second pause BAM into number one. Nine fish later I decided to buy second copy and a 3000 Shimano Stradic Ci4 to make a pair. The Revo was nice but the 3000 Stadic balances better in my hand.

So if you see one in your travels pick it up it may just suit you too.

Cheers

Last edited by 90sBlackjabiru; 30-01-2018 at 06:47 AM.
Old 30-01-2018, 06:07 AM
Blue Lip

Bream hobie Comp there next week I’m sure that shop would get hammered by the anglers!
Old 30-01-2018, 07:07 AM
Mature Bream

I reckon those jackals are a zodias blank, but could be wrong.
Old 30-01-2018, 07:33 AM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzza View Post
I reckon those jackals are a zodias blank, but could be wrong.
Mark has the Zodius there too. Very different bend. Very different pedigree construction wrap. The Poison is no longer made as a joint project and are now very hard to find or so I am informed by American forums.

This bends right to the tip the Zodius shares a flaw I hate it has a flat between the top three guides. I realize its pedantic and picky but I just cant stand that characteristic.
I am a long time rod builder/designer and flaws like that just do not cut it for me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: