Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > General Tournament Chat

Old 04-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Banned

Go NORDY!!! Vic Bream Classic

6th after day one at Docklands is a top effort NORDY! Hope he slays them today Doing it for GIPPY

Cracker bag for Team Berkley after day one, that will be very tough for anyone to top.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Big Bream

I saw The Gamakatsu team yesterday at patterson lakes and wondered if they were in the competition.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Big Bream

i'd think that the hodges bag would have come from the wezza

could be wrong
Old 04-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick88 View Post
i'd think that the hodges bag would have come from the wezza

could be wrong
gonna say your not though mate...
Old 04-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Blue Lip

It is blowing 40 knots here at the moment, I am glad I am not out there trying to scratch together 5 fish.

Be interesting to see how many 5 fish bags there are today given there were only 6 yesterday in better conditions.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Blue Lip

Hodges got their bag from the werribee. We saw them heading up the river while we were launching the boat to go chase snapper. A good bag from that river any day of the week! Be a very tough days fishing today however with this wind!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:54 PM
Blue Lip

Bad Luck Nordy must have been a tough Sunday on the Water.

Still 11th is a great effort considering.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Banned

Bad luck Nords, just missed out on a top ten finish. Very tough today it would seem.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:42 AM
Blue Lip

Congrats to Brad and Mike too good today!... well done Cam and Warren very consistent!... top stuff team CRANKA (Steve and Gary) to get up for third with six good fish!

Well done to all for braving some very bad conditions today from all accounts.

Cheers
Steersy
CRANKA
Old 05-02-2012, 02:03 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steersy View Post
Congrats to Brad and Mike too good today!... well done Cam and Warren very consistent!... top stuff team CRANKA (Steve and Gary) to get up for third with six good fish!

Well done to all for braving some very bad conditions today from all accounts.

Cheers
Steersy
CRANKA
Your not wrong there Steersy, took the girls down to have a look at the weigh in and nearly got blown away,
Manged to them onto sticks's boat though, that way they can push mummy to get one
The boys did well in a tough comp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2102.jpg (263.1 KB, 229 views)
Old 05-02-2012, 03:23 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_angla View Post
I saw The Gamakatsu team yesterday at patterson lakes and wondered if they were in the competition.
Yes we were mate. Made the run along with 2 other boats. Got 3 legals out of it and a story of the horse that got away

Weather was way too rough for me to even consider making the run today.

Congrats to all the winners in very challenging conditions.

Follow my fishing travels on Facebook
Old 05-02-2012, 04:15 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Yes we were mate. Made the run along with 2 other boats. Got 3 legals out of it and a story of the horse that got away

Weather was way too rough for me to even consider making the run today.

Congrats to all the winners in very challenging conditions.
Still not a bad effort to finish 7th or was it 8th Ruski, very well done to weigh in fish both days, there were plenty of good fisho's that missed out
Old 05-02-2012, 04:28 AM
Blue Lip

Thanks guys for the support, we could not put it together today the wind down there was off the dial, scratched my legend on the rocks in the wind not happy. Got smashed out in huge waves bit scary and very wet. Don't know what the story was but the Breambos had turned off.

We bagged out prefish in two locations some quality breambos in amongst the bag as well, we did all right on comp day 1 with our bag but size was smaller than prefish but day two was a disaster. I think there were 16 donuts in the field. We have learnt a lot all in all good comp, next year we will know the Docklands that little bit better, seeing this was the 1st time we have fished this area we are reasonably happy. I consider this a great venue for a comp it's so so different, some nice fish around can't wait till next year. Lures used, Resin Vibes in the structure, Hurricane Fatty in the flats. Prefish the Bigger Breambos Fatty smacked where a 38cm, 36cm, day 1 Fatty smacked 36cm. Bit annoyed with myself no Breambo pics arhhhhh but we where focused on the comp, casting casting etc.

What about team Berkley unreal fished two totally different locations due to the forecast wind to day, and two great bags, two switched on fishos, And of course Team Minn Kota these guys are consistent consistent also very impressive.

Regards Nordy

Hurricane Lures Australia

Website www.hurricanelures.com.au

Check Out Our Facebook page
Hurricane Lures Australia

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hur...79922355413407
Old 05-02-2012, 04:40 AM
Mature Bream

A tough comp indeed, we managed to scrape 5 fish togeather on the Saturday from the waters in and around edgewater which had us in 5th.

Today however with the change in weather the fish didn't cooperate. got one early and that was it.

It was enough to keep us in the top ten so at the end of the day we are pretty happy with that.

Well done to hodge boys, a well deserved victory.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORDY View Post
Thanks guys for the support, we could not put it together today the wind down there was off the dial, scratched my legend on the rocks in the wind not happy. Got smashed out in huge waves bit scary and very wet. Don't know what the story was but the Breambos had turned off.

We bagged out prefish in two locations some quality breambos in amongst the bag as well, we did all right on comp day 1 with our bag but size was smaller than prefish but day two was a disaster. I think there were 16 donuts in the field. We have learnt a lot all in all good comp, next year we will know the Docklands that little bit better, seeing this was the 1st time we have fished this area we are reasonably happy. I consider this a great venue for a comp it's so so different, some nice fish around can't wait till next year. Lures used, Resin Vibes in the structure, Hurricane Fatty in the flats. Prefish the Bigger Breambos Fatty smacked where a 38cm, 36cm, day 1 Fatty smacked 36cm. Bit annoyed with myself no Breambo pics arhhhhh but we where focused on the comp, casting casting etc.

What about team Berkley unreal fished two totally different locations due to the forecast wind to day, and two great bags, two switched on fishos, And of course Team Minn Kota these guys are consistent consistent also very impressive.

Regards Nordy
Nice work mate, you guys did well especially being your first time there. Shame about the boat. Good to hear your lures caught a few fish.

Bring on Gippy round so you can show us up in a big way

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: