Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > General Tournament Chat

Old 23-04-2008, 09:18 PM
The Angry Administrator

Albany ABT - Get your entries IN

Guys, not sure how many of you have looked at the entry list, but there is only 10 boaters entered at present, and we are coming up to two weeks to go. This really is extremely piss poor - and Im starting to wonder why ABT will even bother with 2 rounds next year considering the current entries.

A lot of WA guys crap on about how much they support comps etc and how much they don't want to loose them, there was even a big post going when WABT pulled the pin about everyone getting together to support the ABT rounds to keep them strong and continuing.

Well with the current efforts, personally I don't know why they would even bother with 2 next year.

Cmon guys get your act together, if we don't use it we will loose it.

I hope this didn't come across as harsh but fair go, even if you have guaranteed entry with a mate, get your entries in and show ABT breaming is still alive and well in WA.

cheers

"Kill, Grill, Chill and Swill"
Old 23-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Blue Lip

Have to agree with Richo here, it is looking a bit lean at the moment. The list has not been updated for nearly a week now so I would think that there would be a few more by now but it would certainly be nice to think that we could get as many as Walpole.
Get into it guys, Albany is a great place to fish and the Mulloway by-catch always makes it just that much better.

Cheers, Dror

Proudly associated with:

Millerods
www.millerods.com
Searing Tackle
www.searingtackle.com.au
Old 23-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Big Bream

may be that they are to close to the wa bream classics and mothers day ,another date might have been better ,its why i am not going

paul

married men live longer than single men
married men are more willing to die
Old 23-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Blue Lip

Cmon Paul ring yah mum and tell her you will be a little late for dinner...she will forgive you...mine has for the past 13yrs(ex-Vic).

lve rattled on in previous posts about getting behind these events enough to give people head aches lm sure so lm not going to now.All lm going to say is you WILL lose the only way of fishing a 2 day event if this competition is not supported here in WA.Classics are a huge success and an enjoyable day for sure but if you truly have a competitive steak then you cant go past the thrill of 2 days fishing trying to be consistent and securing a good place.lt just doesn't compare for me.Allot more time to meet people too and have a yak and a few beers and form friendships.
So jump on board the boat now(boaters) or watch our competition sink.

Steve.

Last edited by Hooked; 24-04-2008 at 12:30 AM.
Old 23-04-2008, 10:45 PM
The Angry Administrator

Your right Steve, there is nothing like getting away, having a few beers and a yak about all things fishy. It is a way different social atmosphere to the classics because you are usually staying at the same spot, and can't help but put a few cold ones away and talk crap with everyone.

The comps are a great reason for me to get away, its the catching up with everyone that I enjoy the most. The fishing really is secondary for me.

Cheers

Old 23-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Blue Lip

i've finally managed to force the planets to line just right and faxed off my entry yesterday .... so theres at least one extra to add to the list.
Old 23-04-2008, 11:23 PM
The Angry Administrator

Good work Brad, I know how hard it is to get everything aligned at once mate, its never easy.... Even I couldn't get them aligned for right now and missed a trip up North with Sewello to the Mackeral Islands for 8 days..... Spewing to say the least, damn the people with kiddies who get first crack at school holidays hopefully be getting back to Exy in Jul for a couple of days.

Im sure the list will grow and hopefully the next update will have quite a few more names added.

cheer

Old 23-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Blue Lip

My name will be up shortly. Been flat out lately but I will pull the finger out
Old 23-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Mature Bream

I would be there as a non boater but I dont have two pennys to rub together
with a new house on its way & a wedding things are verry tight

Other than that I would be there with bells on I loved walpole and was told by the boss if "I made money out of fishing I could go away every week"

But as we all know its not cheep and im only a non boater walpole cost me around $1000 after new line,lures,accomadation,food,booze & entry fees I would hate to think what it would cost as a boater with all the added costs
Old 23-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-fish View Post
I would hate to think what it would cost as a boater with all the added costs

yep thats why i have never added it up .....
Old 24-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richo View Post
Even I couldn't get them aligned for right now and missed a trip up North with Sewello to the Mackeral Islands for 8 days..... Spewing to say the least,

cheer

I rung him the other day the second i got off the plane and he calmly said he was on the barge across to thevenard... i abused him a bit hahahahhahaha

Im not able to make this one, old boys 50th, but again im doing my bit and young deacon gets to pilot my boat for the weekend. I do miss fishing comps though, not happy there isnt anymore two day events later on in the year......
Old 24-04-2008, 01:43 AM
Blue Lip

if you check out the results from the WABT grand final 158 fish out of a possible 160 fish were weighed in. the fishery is awsome and seeing some of the fish being pulled of the flats latly, you would be mad to miss this comp if you have the chance to make it.
dowelly

13 Fishing
Like us on Facebook for updates and pictures: http://www.facebook.com/13FishingAustralia?fref=ts
Old 24-04-2008, 02:08 AM
The Angry Administrator

Brad, don't tease me mate....... now with WABT not doing comps I thought I had more time for trips just like this. Except the mug organising it always plans it when you have just returned from one trip or have no chance of holidays for the next.

Thats why Im looking at Fiji for next year already...... gonna try and do the same trip as Kim and Andre and get it sorted sooner than later, I think it was in the latest NAFA annual...

cheers

Old 24-04-2008, 07:20 AM
Blue Lip

I'm launching at Oyster Harbour so I hope someone with a larger boat is there so I can follow in their wake
Old 24-04-2008, 07:30 AM
Blue Lip

u have to say i does surprise me when i see all the guys in the classics yet we struggle to get numbers to an ABT pretty sad really. it has nothing to do with timing with the classics im able to do both hell im even pulling a 10 day straight run just so i can have 4 days to go to albany.
I think some of the guys who only fish the classics must be a little scared to get out of there comfort zone and that of the swan.
Keep up the crap numbers and all we will have left are the classics.
Im sure though there will be a flurry next week and ill be eating my words.
Dan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: