Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > NSW Scene

Old 18-03-2003, 02:59 AM
Mature Bream

I always put the boat owners first, it is there boat , there money etc BUT in saying that haven't met too many boaters who don't offer great advice and give you a chance at catching fish. I ALWAYS ask the boater the "rules" for the day, and once these have been established, it is all too easy to follow. SURE we sometimes cast over each other, but it is by no way done deliberately. Everyone when first learning have "casting defects" that shoot lures off to one side ,. I know I still do sometimes, but bottom line is , you are doing it for enjoyment more so than anything and if it means following some simple "rules", there is no problems Always offer petrol money, and a cold beer if applicable
Old 18-03-2003, 03:21 AM
Poddy Bream

Who Shares Wins

It is all well and good to say its my boat its my rules. If there are no non-boaters there are are no tournaments. As far as boat safety goes the non-boater should do as they are asked. But the politeness is a two way thing. I think it is rude and ignorant for a boater to think it is his god given right to get first shot at every FAD that they fish at. By all means if the non-boater is a tourny virgin then let them know about fishing protocols but don't put them in a corner with a dunce cap on like so many experienced competitors in the past have doe or they won't come back. You never know, next comp that non-boater may be the basser you need to register to let you put your boat in the water so you yourself are not that ballast at the back of someone else's boat.

Both breamers/bassers pay the same entry into the comps, both are fishing for AOY points and prizes. If either boater or non-b have a shot at placing well in this particular round being fished and the other was not placed it would be nice if they were given every opportunity to continue to do so otherwise share it around.

For the non-boaters here are some answers to some equally amusing questions.

1. How cold do you think that water is ???
I don't know but with a new live well in the back of your boat we can find out.

2. How sharp do you think this knife is ???
sharp enough to cut this fuel line, anchor rope, foot contol cord.............

3. Would you like your tongue pierced with a C/S treble ???
about as much as you'd like a prince albert with a 1/0 aberdeen.

4. If I ran my knife over your spool, would that be bad ???
About as bad as my spool emptying around your prop.

5. Do you know why your called a non-boater ???
Cause with so many prats on the water like you I wouldn't feel safe in my own boat.
This should make things understood fairly quickly.

All that said the non-boaters should respect the fact that their boating competitors foot the bill/ running costs etc. for the boat and could possibly contibute to this if they can.

Stirring the pot

Simon
Old 18-03-2003, 10:40 AM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
In terms fishing the same as the boater I think that is a judgement call. If one or the other has the ability to win a comp there should be no problem support that person wether it is the boater or the non boater. After all you really need to work together
not sure about that. you are both trying to win the comp so you are actually fishing against each other. even if the other guy had a chance of winning i would just carry on fishing the very succesful method that we had been fishing all day. if a guy has a chance to win then he must have been catching fish. why change it if it is working.

been a non boater in all comps entered so far and treated all my boaters with the same respect regardless. no non boaters no comp was written b4. works just the same the other way. Richo hit the nail on the head and i agree with all he wrote.

that said, it is ultimately up to the skipper where you fish. but i do think he should most definately think about the non boater and give him the same amount of respect as he would like to get back. just have to have a bit of respect for each other and it should all be plain sailing(if you'll excuse the pun)

non boaters should remember that you will never be invited back to fish on this guys boat again if you don't have the respect for him that you should have. but if you do have it, it can lead to all sorts of fishing trips and friendships for the future and that has to be a good thing.

p.s.
i'm a boater from now on so be nice
Old 27-03-2003, 07:38 AM
Mature Bream

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mickb
[B]not sure about that. you are both trying to win the comp so you are actually fishing against each other. even if the other guy had a chance of winning i would just carry on fishing the very succesful method that we had been fishing all day. if a guy has a chance to win then he must have been catching fish. why change it if it is working.

Hmmm, interesting comments Mick !

]
Old 27-03-2003, 08:51 AM
Web Master

Talking I like it Simon...LOL

Very good Simon, god help us if we ever get paired up...

Warren.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: