Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Lures > Hard Bodies

Hard Bodies Diving minnows are the name of the game here…
Attack, Halco, Oargee, Tilsan. Rebel…

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-03-2014, 12:20 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranha View Post
Some great suggestions there Steersy and i'm sure someone will take up your generous offer, I personally don't fish for bream as keenly as most on here and definately don't consider myself a switched on bream fisherman (far from it) so at this stage I won't be needing more crabs than I already have but I appreciate the time you have taken to show how to tinker the crabs for different effects.
You definately won't be 'knocked ' for your customer service,, great stuff
Thanks mate for your reply and inspiration to photograph my continued tinkering with CRANKA crabs!

Anyone would think I would be sick of the sight of crabs by now but hey I can't help it... It is and addition / obsession and I just can't seem to shake my bad case of crabs

Cheers
Steersy
Old 07-03-2014, 12:37 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steersy View Post
Hey buddy thanks for your enquiry and please note that I have already cover this multiple times on various threads on this forum so if you just look back a tad to previous comments or to other threads you will find the information that you are asking for

Cheers
Steersy
CRANKA
Found it. Thanks mate.
The mrs is out getting superglue or loctite plus a syringe as i type this
Old 07-03-2014, 12:41 AM
Big Bream

i superglued mine , i hope tht it wont damage the lures..
also does the smell of this superglue put the fish off???

ps - where the hell is the scent chamber and what exactly does it do.. ive probaly already blocked it off by using superglue but good to know for next time
cheers
Old 07-03-2014, 12:51 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steersy View Post
Here's a pic of a few of our day two bag fish from this years St Helens bream classic event for your reference

Cheers
Steersy
Steersy put this pic up in the cranka crab victims post great pic

Proudly Supported by :

Nordic Stage Rods
Old 07-03-2014, 01:00 AM
Blue Lip

This level of supplier to customer interaction/feedback is for me an absolute first! Steersy, I wish it were the norm in other industry and with other product but this is very unique and a huge credit to you! I actually don't know where you find the time but am glad you do! Keep it up and I'll keep up my end of the bargain, emptying the contents of my wallet directly into my tackle box!
Old 07-03-2014, 01:05 AM
Blue Lip

Hey steersy i still reckon you should bring out a pack of say 5 base plates , that way if we ever lose one we can just glue another in id be happy to do that , but in saying that , i was fishing canals yesterday and i was treating my crab pretty bad , skip casting it and smacking it in to pontoons pretty hard lol didnt lose a base plate , that loctite glue is extremely strong stuff

Proudly Supported by :

Nordic Stage Rods
Old 07-03-2014, 01:58 AM
Blue Lip

What about the legs? Anyone had some toothy critters get a hold of them? Can't help but think they could/should be a option for a spare part to....
Old 07-03-2014, 02:25 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
What about the legs? Anyone had some toothy critters get a hold of them? Can't help but think they could/should be a option for a spare part to....
Hey adam i havent had any probs with legs...have had one bend due to memory but i just sat it in the opposite direction for 10 min and it bent back....pretty sure steersy is bringing out legs as a replacement part

Proudly Supported by :

Nordic Stage Rods
Old 07-03-2014, 02:26 AM
Blue Lip

Legs and claws will be options/spares. No idea about baseplates steersy can elaborate on that one.

www.crankalures.com
Old 07-03-2014, 02:52 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by manno View Post
This level of supplier to customer interaction/feedback is for me an absolute first! Steersy, I wish it were the norm in other industry and with other product but this is very unique and a huge credit to you! I actually don't know where you find the time but am glad you do! Keep it up and I'll keep up my end of the bargain, emptying the contents of my wallet directly into my tackle box!
Thank you for your kind words and support of the CRANKA brand mate!... To be honest with you I don't know myself how I manage my time of late... it certainly has been very hard to keep up with my current work load ... Having said this it is only possible with the complete understanding and support of my wife, family, Coxy and my close mates who have stepped in to help out when I have needed them too and for this I am eternally grateful!

I really do hope that I will always be able to maintain the personal side of CRANKA and the way we interact directly with our customers... You can be assured that we will always do our best to maintain this personal touch!

Thanks again !

Last edited by Steersy; 07-03-2014 at 02:55 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:58 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
Hey Adam... it is very rare to damage or lose legs on a CRANKA crab mate and we don't anticipate a high need for many replacements but you can be assured that these will be stocked by CRANKA and held in stock !
Old 07-03-2014, 03:27 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris View Post
Legs and claws will be options/spares. No idea about baseplates steersy can elaborate on that one.
At this stage we don't plan to be selling the tungsten baseplates as spare components as these are now designed to be a permanently fixed item... Unfortunately we were forced into this permanently fixed baseplate design by our Tungsten manufactures due to their inability to maintain the tight specifications set for this component by CRANKA!

Originally our tungsten manufacturers told us that they could achieve the tolerances CRANKA required of this component and only after full payment of all tooling by CRANKA and multiple tooling and baseplate design amendments and endless production trials... was it discovered by us that they could not in fact meet our strict tolerance needs!

This left CRANKA with a difficult but necessary decision to make our baseplates a permanently fixed component of the CRANKA crab design at this point in time. We are still working with our manufacturer to improve the bond between our crabs body and it's tungsten baseplate and we are now confident that with minor tooling / design amendments we can ensure that all baseplate issues are eliminated from future production!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:11 AM
Banned

Neat solution here for anyone wanting a spare base plate, theres also heavier models in production for a custom lure

http://www.breammaster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60485
Old 06-07-2014, 11:39 PM
Big Bream

Thought I'd pop this in here, went hunting for crabs over the past week or so and other than picking up a few vampire crabs I've been unable to track any down.

My stocks are starting to run low and despite experiencing the base plate issue, they are quickly becoming my go to lure, especially on the clear water on timid bream.

When are we likely to see these in stock again?

Cheers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: