Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Lines

Lines Fireline vs the rest…who wins?

Old 18-01-2019, 04:44 AM
Mature Bream

FISHINGSIR GODLINE S Fishing Line

Said to be the best made Chinese braided line,Youtube info shows positive views for it and very affordable.
Thin line,smooth and no memory.Unable to find any decent line testing for it which i'll test myself using fluro line with FG knot.
Possibly someone here has it already ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61yiOpGCXZL._SX425_.jpg (20.4 KB, 160 views)
Old 18-01-2019, 05:10 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Yeah I've seen a few youtubers who swear by it. "GodLine" seemed to have "Reached Out" to a hell of a lot of youtubers

According to the second vid - they contact youtubers and tell them to visit the website and pick anything they want and review it.

Last edited by yellow door 1; 18-01-2019 at 05:17 AM.
Old 18-01-2019, 05:25 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

It could be the best line in the world but I think you are right to search for some more "independent" reviews
Old 18-01-2019, 06:16 AM
Mature Bream

The only true and proper line testing is the one you do yourself,what i didn't explain clearly enough was finding the breaking strain versus to what's it's rated as.No one is showing those results yet,i'll be using 30lb fluoro line and FG knot.All this is for chasing mulloway,got 30lb black on it's way will probably fit it to my Shimano DC
Old 18-01-2019, 07:36 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnie View Post
The only true and proper line testing is the one you do yourself,what i didn't explain clearly enough was finding the breaking strain versus to what's it's rated as.No one is showing those results yet,i'll be using 30lb fluoro line and FG knot.All this is for chasing mulloway,got 30lb black on it's way will probably fit it to my Shimano DC
Yeah very true - I had an on going convo with a member here and we were both testing the same Kast King 8lb braid with slightly different methods. His was consistently breaking at 5lb while mine was breaking at 6lb using uni knots to attach the braid to the testing rig.

I found by making changes to my testing rig and knots, I could increase the breaking strain to 8.5lbs - passing the braid twice through my clip before tying the rest of the uni knot significantly increases its strength.

So lines can behave very differently depending on who's testing them - this could be due to inconsistencies in the product quality, the scales being used or the testing methods involved

Last edited by yellow door 1; 18-01-2019 at 05:59 PM.
Old 18-01-2019, 07:19 PM
Mature Bream

Re-worded my search on Google and found this,this is what i was looking for.
But unfortunately ever test is flawed with test results,at the end i had no idea which was the better line
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99bNQ2TPpMA
Old 18-01-2019, 08:05 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Re-worded my search on Google and found this,this is what i was looking for.
But unfortunately ever test is flawed with test results,at the end i had no idea which was the better line
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99bNQ2TPpMA
Yeah - a slightly more sophisticated testing rig like the one below might have helped.

But as you say the truest test of a lines strength is what you can make it do - using your knots and if possible, as close to real world conditions as possible.

ie - tie off to the snaps you actually use while fishing - run the braid through the rod and reel you will be using and see how it reacts. -

(I never go quite this far because I started out with a very simple test that has become my baseline. It doesnt tell me exactly what will happen in the real world but it tells what I want to know) - The most important thing I'm trying to work out is what lb leader I can use so the knot always breaks at the lure when using an FG.)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 783.jpg (114.6 KB, 130 views)

Last edited by yellow door 1; 19-01-2019 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:22 PM
Mature Bream

30lb fluro 30lb Godline
First test with FG knot broke at 24lb
Second test braid line only 24lb
Third test braid only 27lb
Forth and final test 28lb
None reached the 30lb,maybe another tester with better testing equipment might get more.But realistically you can call it a safe 25lb line nothing outstanding about it
Is it a dead loss,no i still can catch mulloway at those breaking strains plus the line isn't thick.
Still the Berkley Fireline leads the way for performance and value
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (717.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by jonnie; 08-02-2019 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:58 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Good onya for doing the test - Always interesting to see the out comes

how were you attaching the braid to the to the scales and your anchor point while testing.

And you're right about fireline - its very underrated - literally - their 14lb crystal is actually a 40lb braid according to Paulus - (independent line tester)
Old 11-02-2019, 06:47 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post
Good onya for doing the test - Always interesting to see the out comes

how were you attaching the braid to the to the scales and your anchor point while testing.

And you're right about fireline - its very underrated - literally - their 14lb crystal is actually a 40lb braid according to Paulus - (independent line tester)
Line is wrapped around my shoe then to the FG knot then Fluro up to to the scale.
Godline has always broken at the knot,which is the weakest point
Old 11-02-2019, 07:21 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Line is wrapped around my shoe then to the FG knot then Fluro up to to the scale.
Godline has always broken at the knot,which is the weakest point
Nice - Thats what you really need to know
Old 11-02-2019, 09:24 PM
Mature Bream

Just wanted to confirm after a few more test methods today seeing if i can get to that 30lb rating,and no i can't get it there.
While the online reviews sing praises for this line at a reduced bargain price it can't even get to stated line rating.

I was so confident this line would be good while waiting for it to arrive in the post i ordered 300yds 20lb.It arrived today and i put it to the test.
When it broke midway in the line at 18lbs i decided that's enough testing,the line being thin i'll use it for my bread and butter type fish like squid,whiting etc..
Old 12-02-2019, 08:54 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Just wanted to confirm after a few more test methods today seeing if i can get to that 30lb rating,and no i can't get it there.
While the online reviews sing praises for this line at a reduced bargain price it can't even get to stated line rating.

I was so confident this line would be good while waiting for it to arrive in the post i ordered 300yds 20lb.It arrived today and i put it to the test.
When it broke midway in the line at 18lbs i decided that's enough testing,the line being thin i'll use it for my bread and butter type fish like squid,whiting etc..
Yeah I find those 'reviews' from youtubers who were gifted line, are just puff pieces where they say how well behaved the line is. What they're saying could be 100% true but I always wonder what they're "not saying"

I'm under the impression that if they have a completely negative experience - they are asked to report back to to the company but not post the video.

Independent reviews where the line is paid for by the tester are what I look for. Or Vids where they test breaking strain in front of the camera

But on the positive side of your test - at least you now have an 18lb braid and you can set your drags and choose your leaders accordingly

Last edited by yellow door 1; 12-02-2019 at 08:59 PM.
Old 25-02-2019, 03:30 AM
Mature Bream

Shortly after my last post i contacted the manufacturer through e.bay and said i wasn't happy.They offered a 30% refund and i said not enough then they offered a 40% refund.
I said nah not really,they said send the spools back and we'll pay standard postage costs $21 and full refund on braided spools.
So i did and after 2 weeks they get it and send me a refund that's short.

Postage was $21 they gave me back $1.47 and the 2 spools they refunded me in US$ not AU$ so i lost money.
I should have done it through e.bay system that stops them from a short fall.

Anyhow i was flicking through You tube always looking for info on lines and came across this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra74c5RnJcE
Old 25-02-2019, 05:13 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Shortly after my last post i contacted the manufacturer through e.bay and said i wasn't happy.They offered a 30% refund and i said not enough then they offered a 40% refund.
I said nah not really,they said send the spools back and we'll pay standard postage costs $21 and full refund on braided spools.
So i did and after 2 weeks they get it and send me a refund that's short.

Postage was $21 they gave me back $1.47 and the 2 spools they refunded me in US$ not AU$ so i lost money.
I should have done it through e.bay system that stops them from a short fall.

Anyhow i was flicking through You tube always looking for info on lines and came across this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra74c5RnJcE
Thanks for the info Jonnie

I've started watching the vid and I'm already liking the "real scoop" behind those "Youtube" reviews

p.s. when I've encountered unreasonable ebay sellers selling faulty or busted junk - I go through paypal - they are much more customer biased than ebay.

When I've called Paypal, they listen to your reasons, do a quick search on you and the seller and have always sided with me in the past. But thats been on small amounts - not sure what the processes are for purchases over $30

Last edited by yellow door 1; 25-02-2019 at 05:16 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: