Go Back   Bream Master Forums > FishPhart > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Share Your Experience and Help Others Get That Dream Shot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Blue Lip

Creating an Action

Actions - designed to reduce work/effort in doing basic tasks that you might want to do to a lot of images. (resizing, borders, saving etc...)

Note, the below instructions are for Photoshop CS3 and will probably be slightly different for other versions of PS.

Step 1. Make sure you have Actions selected from your "Window" dropdown (or press Alt + F9)

Select the "Create new action" button as highlighted by the red box below.

Step 2. Enter the name of your action - In this example, we will call it "BMaction" and then hit "Record".

Step 3. In the top menu, select "Image" and scroll down to "Image size". A popup window will come up asking you to enter an image size.

Since we have already opened an image, the default size will appear. For this example (landscape), I am selecting a width only of 1200 pixels. The image height is automatically adjusted for me. Leave the rest as is and hit "Ok"

Step 4. Go to "File", scroll down to "Save for Web & Devices".

Step 5. Find the location where you want to save this image (all other images will be saved to this location if you use this action in the future).

For this example, I have created a folder called "BreammasterAction"

And press "Save"

Step 6. Press the "Stop playing/recording" button as highlighted by the red box.

The bigger red box shows that we have an action called "BMaction" and we have performed an "Image size" and "Export" function.

And I forgot the most important thing.... So now, when you open Photoshop again, and load an image in there, you select the action "BMaction" and press the "Play" button (which is the sideways triangle).

This will resize your image and save it in the folder (BreammasterAction).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: