Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Lines

Lines Fireline vs the rest厀ho wins?

Old 10-01-2009, 04:43 AM
Big Bream

Thumbs down td sensor prices got the better of me

just got back from my christmas trip to melbourne the other day and while i was over there i purchased sum 4 lb td sensor daiwa braid at complete angler for 90$.
i get back to perth and recomendad that dad get some, so i pop into bluewater and they had the exact spool of line for 52 dollars.
now i dont want to be to rational bout it but thats an absolute discrace. complete angler should not be allowed to get away with that,
charging an exrta 38 dollars is wrong and anyone in melbourne that reads this then i want you to realise that its a rip off and sumone should look into it for the sake of all other melbourne fisherman that want to purchase the line. i can surely say that noone else would like to be ripped offwhen stores such as bluewater are selling it for 52 dollars
pay 90 or 52 dollars
i know wich one id be going

p.s excellent line by the way and very smooth on the cast and great on the load up
Old 10-01-2009, 04:48 AM
Blue Lip

Mate you got robbed pure and simple that's B/S i'd be very unhappy about that, anyone that is purchasing Team Daiwa Sensor Braid in orange or white should not be paying more than $60 max...No matter what lb pe it is either, i have noticed in a couple of shops here that 4, 6, 8 lb is more expensive than the heavier pe which again is crap it should be the same price through out the ranges of line..Cheers

Last edited by BlackBreamer; 10-01-2009 at 04:51 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:56 AM
Blue Lip

It's actually alot harder to manufacture a super fine line than it is to make a heavier line. Thats why lines like the 6lb Linesystems wax are more expensive than the heavier lines. I agree $90 is an absaloute rip off for that kinda braid!

Old 10-01-2009, 05:56 AM
Poddy Bream

What a bummer, i've jumped in n bought stuff aswell only to

find out later that i got done up,, & coulda got it heaps cheaper somewhere

else,, Thats pretty DohDohDohDoh that mark it up so much,, Postive note: u like the

quality and its working sweet,,
PB. HB_FLATHEAD 71cm's, manns 5+
PB. HB_MANGROVE JACK 57cm's, smith cherry blood,
PB. HB_WHITING 38cm's, rebel popper,
PB. SP_MULLOWAY 87cm's, bozo mullet,
ALL FISH WERE RELEASED,
Old 10-01-2009, 06:09 AM
Banned

Easy solution to this in future let your fingers do the walking

Shop around because the difference in price can be huge as in this case

The shops selling gear at over the top prices will soon feel the pinch if everyone else goes for a better deal elsewhere may even encourage them to be competitive

Zen
Old 11-01-2009, 03:12 AM
Mature Bream

That is a disgrace. I'd be writing them a letter asking for an explanation.
Old 13-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by shano View Post
just got back from my christmas trip to melbourne the other day and while i was over there i purchased sum 4 lb td sensor daiwa braid at complete angler for 90$.
i get back to perth and recomendad that dad get some, so i pop into bluewater and they had the exact spool of line for 52 dollars.
now i dont want to be to rational bout it but thats an absolute discrace. complete angler should not be allowed to get away with that,
charging an exrta 38 dollars is wrong and anyone in melbourne that reads this then i want you to realise that its a rip off and sumone should look into it for the sake of all other melbourne fisherman that want to purchase the line. i can surely say that noone else would like to be ripped offwhen stores such as bluewater are selling it for 52 dollars
pay 90 or 52 dollars

p.s excellent line by the way and very smooth on the cast and great on the load up
mate i reckon you got ripped at bluewater considereing i get it for $45 in melbourne...

You also have to remember the product is imported and the dollar is goin to play around with it a bit depends when the store bought their stock, how much they bought (economy of scale) and where the dollar was at...

its like anything price varies dur economic circumstances and you probably paid what it was worth at the time...

赂.路麓``路..赂><||||(潞>
赂.路麓``路.赂.路麓``路..赂><||||(潞< ~>--------------

Last edited by Danmaso; 13-01-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 14-01-2009, 01:40 AM
Big Bream

Its not just the dollar when they get it or daiwa pay when they bring it in, its also to do with what daiwa charge the stores. We see so much variation here in s.a.! For example, we have a local that stock daiwa gear but the prices are very high compared to others, they just dont get the same deals as others.

Another funny one is there are "Team daiwa" stores here, tacklestores that stock just about the whole range of daiwa gear and have nearly all high end gear too and they have huge difference in price to other stores!
I bought a Daiwa Battler taurus last friday for $219 from one store, another had one for $389 and i asked coz ya never know!
How low can you go? with a reply of how much you looking at? I said another store has them for $219 and he said cant do that, definetley go get it for that price mate!
As i walked out the store he said $289 is as low coz thats cost price.
Thats from two team daiwa dealers!
Buying power comes into it definetly.

Chop
Hardbody PB - 48cm Onk model-Zipbaits khamsin #300 - 48cm from Blackdogs-Zipbaits orbit slider #032 - 101cm Mulloway on Zipbaits khamsin #798
Soft plastic PB- 46cm Kangaroo island model- Gulp sandworm .
Old 14-01-2009, 07:50 AM
Mature Bream

I think they have either priced up the 300m price by mistake as the Compleat Angler in Sydney sell it for about $60. I have bought a few spools from them at that price
Old 14-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Mature Bream

Wouldn't be an element of price gouging in there as well would there ?

I sometimes wonder if some tackle stores jack up their prices because they know they have a fairly captive market (ie. city workers who don't have the time or opportunity to shop around).
Old 15-01-2009, 04:47 AM
Big Bream

Spewing you don't live in the same state you bought it otherwise.............

I have done this with mountain bike parts.

I bought something and found out a week later I could have saved $60 on pedals for my pushy.
The shop only exchanged on the basis that the packaging was unopened/unused and you had the receipt.

I went and bought the same make of pedals from the cheaper shop, got the receipt from the previous purchase and went in and got refunded no questions asked.

I always keep receipts. Lucky because I would have paid $200 of $140 pedals.
Old 24-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by shano View Post
pay 90 or 52 dollars

The price mentioned above is still the shelf price for the 150m spool of TD Sensor at the Flinders street store. Looked long and hard just to make sure I think they are being commercially savy as they have a fairly captive market in the CBD at lunch time. While I don't agree with the ethics I can't fault their commercial decision. People will pay a premiem for convenience. But put it this way... I didn't buy any...
If they're on, I'll be late, if it's quiet, I'll be late."