Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 26-08-2018, 08:06 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Stop the lock out

https://www.facebook.com/groups/531383587069186/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 562.jpg (86.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 26-08-2018, 05:23 PM
Mature Bream

It is going to be one brave politician that turns this into law. I do not know how many rec anglers and spero's live in the Greater Sydney Region but i dare say a lot and most of them will be of voting age. There are many other viable options in managing fish populations other than lockouts
Personally i have been watching this for a while and have been horrified not only by the idea of it but also the lack of public voice that any opposition to the plan receives.
Old 26-08-2018, 07:07 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

The Biggest name on the "stop the lock out" side I've seen so far is Steve Starling.

While he may be a God to us - the other side can get celebs clambering to have their name associated with green causes. I get the impression the only people that like fisherman are fisherman

I dont think they are to be underestimated - they are much more sophisticated and have much cooler mates
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 561.jpg (127.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by yellow door 1; 26-08-2018 at 07:24 PM.
Old 26-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Blue Lip

Not much Mr Harbourside Mansion can do now...
Old 26-08-2018, 11:25 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post
The Biggest name on the "stop the lock out" side I've seen so far is Steve Starling.

While he may be a God to us - the other side can get celebs clambering to have their name associated with green causes. I get the impression the only people that like fisherman are fisherman

I dont think they are to be underestimated - they are much more sophisticated and have much cooler mates
Yeah i agree with you and i too am frightened for the future but there will be a price for them all to pay and i am unsure if they will be willing to gamble their gravy train on a marine park that affects so many people. I certainly do not underestimate the green movement at all; it does not seem to matter how ecologically sound most fisherpersons the green dogooders always seem to get a wider audience for their cause.

Last edited by sevric; 26-08-2018 at 11:33 PM.
Old 27-08-2018, 12:56 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevric View Post
Yeah i agree with you and i too am frightened for the future but there will be a price for them all to pay and i am unsure if they will be willing to gamble their gravy train on a marine park that affects so many people. I certainly do not underestimate the green movement at all; it does not seem to matter how ecologically sound most fisherpersons the green dogooders always seem to get a wider audience for their cause.
Yeah I was listening to an interview with the head of the DPI - he said the end game of some the groups behind marine parks, isnt marine parks - its getting fishing banned completely.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 560.jpg (59.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by yellow door 1; 27-08-2018 at 02:37 AM.
Old 27-08-2018, 02:38 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Theres a bunch of fanatics out there clawing on their fingernails for that inch and they aint anglers

Last edited by yellow door 1; 03-09-2018 at 12:51 AM.
Old 27-08-2018, 03:49 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Heres where recreational fishing is ranked in relation to threat level in Estuarine and Marine habitats

https://www.marine.nsw.gov.au/__data...-2018-2028.pdf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 556.jpg (113.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 557.jpg (75.2 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by yellow door 1; 27-08-2018 at 04:10 AM.
Old 27-08-2018, 08:17 AM
Blue Lip

Heard a great speech by Justin Duggan (Sydney fishing/fly guide) ref lock outs at tonight’s rise festival..

Very moving from someone who obviously depends on fishing and anglers for an income

I agree with him saying that these lock outs won’t stop between Newcastle and the gong. He expects rampant expansion if this one gets the go ahead and is anticipating lockouts to include freshwater areas also

Not a good sign, but hopefully with enough people on board, the greenies and those they brainwash and batter into submission will fark off back to the pits of Mordor
Old 27-08-2018, 09:09 AM
Blue Lip

I can’t comment on the science or the data. And i know getting locked out of where you fish seems like the end of the world. But my own personal experience is that in almost every single location that ive fished since i was a young kid has gone from abundance and prolific catches to in some cases a total wasteland. Most if not all are purely rec zones. Just what i see.
Old 27-08-2018, 09:33 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by manno View Post
I can’t comment on the science or the data. And i know getting locked out of where you fish seems like the end of the world. But my own personal experience is that in almost every single location that ive fished since i was a young kid has gone from abundance and prolific catches to in some cases a total wasteland. Most if not all are purely rec zones. Just what i see.
Yeah I reckon theres plenty of us out there who could be better informed before commenting but its not going to stop me

If I was having a guess - I'd say the reason runoff is so dangerous is it kills ecosystems from the ground up - which means fish no longer visit the area in the numbers they used to because most of the food is gone.

While you'd be a madman to say fishing has no impact.......... - I've been out on the bay and seen netters where they shouldnt be - rec boats trying to take on the pros for how many fish they can fit in their boats, white chlorine buckets over flowing on the bank and amateurs stringing gill nets from one side of the nong to the other, in an inflatable raft, in the wee hours. So theres plenty of "fisherman" out there doing their best to kill the resource - but I'm choosing to blame run-off

Last edited by yellow door 1; 27-08-2018 at 10:55 AM.
Old 28-08-2018, 06:10 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Did anyone in Sydney see the channel 7 news - I'm reading The head of the DPI just said anglers werent the problem - pollution is...........

more to come.....
Old 28-08-2018, 06:18 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

https://www.facebook.com/AlMcGlash/v...9626358807797/
Old 28-08-2018, 06:40 AM
Blue Lip

Yep

I don’t wanna carry on too early, but there may be some potential back peddling to come!!!
Old 28-08-2018, 06:43 AM
Blue Lip

Also, if anyone else from nsw is willing and able, print off the petition from the shoots fishers and farmers website and throw it up around work

They need to be mailed in my by 27 sep

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: