Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > WA Bream Classics

Old 01-11-2015, 08:13 AM
Administrator

BERKLEY WA Bream Classics 2015 GRAND FINAL RESULTS

Perfect conditions greeted anglers contesting The Berkley WA Bream Classic Grand Final. With the rising barometer, teams were frothing at the bit to get underway from the River Resort start location on the Murray River in Mandurah, add the rumours of monster fish being caught in pre-fish and teams were all making sure they had confident plan for the day.

Teams had numerous options to chase their bounty for the day, which included staying in the Murray River, heading around to the Serpentine River or targeting some of the many canal systems that line the river and City.

Making all the right decisions for the day and bringing one of the most impressive bags seen in W.A for years to the weigh master was Team Lucky Cast of Jake Gill and Jesse Choy, weighing in an impressive bag of four bream that dragged the scales down to 3.970kg.

When asked if they had anyone to thank and how the day went Jake handed the microphone straight to Jesse who replied “I have to thank Rob from Searing Tackle for all his support over the year, as well as a big thanks to the guys from Tackleworld Mandurah. Being Mandurah locals we get a lot of our gear from Tackleworld and the guys in there get right behind the breaming scene and are a wealth of advice, they certainly point you in the right direction for all your breaming and fishing needs”.

Handing the microphone back to Jake, Jake mentioned “We galloped around everywhere today, early this morning we headed to our first spot only to find a kayaker just leaving it, although disappointed we just moved into the Serpentine River hitting a number of our favourite snags and stretches. It wasn’t too long before we had a bag of four fish. We were throwing Damiki grubs and 2 inch ZMan grubs in Motor Oil, which also had a fair amount S-Factor scent applied and all our fish came on those plastics”.

When a team has a 1.285kg (3rdplace) or even a 1.175kg bream (2ndplace) hitting the scales you would normally think you would be in the running for the WATERSNAKE BIG BREAM $1000. Not on Grand Final day though, as unable to hide within Team Lucky Casts bag of four was a 48cm monster of a blue lip bream that could have passed for a snapper or a front row forward. When popped on the scales the beast dragged the weight down to 1.715kg to the hoots and hollers from their fellow anglers and crowd.

When asked how the beast come on board, Jake replied“we had just fished one stretch before hopping over to a stretch we had also just fished, I straight away thought why are we going over this ground again, oh well I might as well put a cast at that snag, when thump, this thing just grabbed my lure and carved a trail all over the place, we almost had the net under him before he woke up again and decided to have a few more runs. Once he was in the net though we were yelling and screaming and jumping around so much it was nearly two men overboard”.

Jake used a Daiwa Presso rod matched to a Shimano Stradic 1000 reel, this was loaded with 6lb Don Pepe Braid and 6lb Yamatoyo Harris Fighter leader. Jesse fished his NS Blackhole rods matched to Shimano Sustain reels, one loaded with fluorocarbon whilst the other was loaded with Toray Super Strong PE.

In second spot and providing a barnstorming finish to the season was Team Two in a Savages Szarn Tink and Graeme Kovacevich weighing in a healthy bag four bream for 3.600kg which included two anchor fish of 1.175kg.
When asked how their day went and if they had anyone to thank, Szarn replied “I want to thank my mate God for helping me finish in front of Team Bluewater/Lowrance, then WAFM, Kate (for the awesome breakfast), Engel, Berkley and all the sponsors that make the series the success that it has been this year. As well as all the anglers that have made the effort over the season, especially Colin (Team Dark Horses) for all his social media work as well, even if you are only guessing”.

“Our plan was to target the canals, so we headed down to Murray Lakes where we picked a couple up early before it went dead on us, we then went and targeted the creeks near the mouth of the Murray where we bagged two more fish. With our bag on-board we went on the hunt for upgrades and a couple of kicker fish, but it wasn’t until about 11am when things turned around.

We were back in the canals when I put a cast at a lone stick with a 3 ½ inch motor oil grub, I turned to talk to Graeme when the rod was nearly pulled out of my hand, next thing I had the bream at the boat and in the net. We bagged a few more upgrades with both plastics and Ecogear sx40s with colour 307 certainly being the standout for us. If we had boated everything we had hooked, and limited our bust offs we might have been able to give Jake and Jesse a run for their money. But that’s fishing”.

Graeme used his Nautic Sharpshooter Rods, matched with a Shimano Rarenium 2500 loaded with Daiwa TD Sensor Braid. Szarn used his 7ft Dawia Tournament Z rod matched to a Daiwa Emeralda 2506 reel.

In third spot and one of only three teams to beat the 3kg mark was team Bluewater/Lowrances Alex Greisdorf and Jack Dawson weighing in four bream for 3.110kg and also had a hold of the WATERSNAKE BIG BREAM for about 10 minutes with their anchor fish of 1.285kg.

When asked how their day went and if they had anyone to thank, Alex replied “Firstly we want to thank WAFM for organising a fantastic series this year, and the great range of sponsors that have come onboard and supported the tournaments in 2015. Then a big thanks to our sponsors Bluewater Tackle, Lowrance, TT Lures, Zman, Daiwa and Duff Rods, their support has been extremely appreciated.

Today we had a plan to head out to the South Yunderup Canals, we got a couple early around there including a cracker Jack caught at 8am that just sat in one spot giving big headshakes, we almost managed to net him before he gave us a bit more curry. He came on a 2 inch ZMan in the Hologram colour, at that stage we were pretty happy with the way things were going.

Then things went quiet and we probably made the wrong move to head back up the river, although we got a couple more but they were not really the size we needed. There were two great bags in front of us though, so we are pretty happy to take out 3rd spot”.

Jack and Alex both fished with Daiwa and Duff rods for the day, each matched to Daiwa Sol, Exist and Emeralda reels. They were each loaded with 4lb and 5lb Daiwa Hyper PE.

Congratulations also goes to Team Bluewater/Lowrance who secured Team of the Year in the Grand Final, their 98 points moved them 3 points clear of their nearest rival in Team 13 Fishing who had gone head to head with them all season.

Lastly but most importantly thanks to all our 2015 sponsors.
Series sponsor Berkley.
Big bream Sponsor Watersnake
Major sponsor Engel
Then all of the series sponsors, Z man, Mako Eyewear, Ecogear, Pro Cure, Grannys Pastries, TT Lures, Halco, Compleat Angler and Camping World Nedlands, Atomic, Westin, CRC, Pontoon 21, Shimano, Shikari Charters, Damiki and Breammaster.com
We would also like to give a special thank you to John Osborne for stepping up and lending a boat to one of the teams for the Grand Final, also to Tim Stuart from Flowrite WA and Dror Pietch from CSD Designs and fabrication, we really appreciate your support over the year.

Thank you all for supporting the 2015 season, thanks to all of you it has been a fantastic year. We are now looking to the 2016 season.

If you would like more information on how to get into the comps or sponsor these events please feel free to send an e mail to Ian on wafm@westnet.com.au

1 Team Lucky Cast 2 Jake Gill Jesse Choy 3.970
2 Two in a Savage Szarn Tink Graeme Kovacevich 3.600
3 Bluewater/Lowrance Alex Greisdorf Jack Dawson 3.110
4 Flowrite / Engel Tim Stuart Dror Pietsch 2.615
5 Tackle World Mandurah Thys McCarthy Joe Franco 2.150
6 Purple Ducks Leigh Barrett Brendan Harkness 2.050
7 Hurricane Tim Stylianou Andy Mitchell 1.880
8 JML Tom Harders Joseph Gardner 1.860
9 LurePro.com.au Daniel Coughlan Mathew Burt 1.850
10 Breammaster Geoff Spadaccini Nathan Jones 1.735
11 Pflueger/Berkley Jarrod Stevens Jarrod Wilson 1.735
12 Spun in a Webb Jayden Webb Graham Webb 1.730
13 Dark Horses Colin Peasey Suzanne Siranovic 1.695
14 13 Fishing Chris Pfrunder Callum Dowell 1.570
15 Smackem Kim McIntyre Ben Scott 1.515
16 Bream Machines Chris Hill Mathew Jeffrey 1.440
17 Fishtec Solutions Murray Jeffrey Anthony Sexton 1.370
18 JML Anglers Alliance Brett Dowsett Sean Higgins 1.255
19 Warthogs Offroad Darren Ogley Brent Maas 1.250
20 Pontoon21 / Damiki Cody Clements Carey Nolan 1.245
21 Unlucky Ryan Garth David Bailey 1.185
22 Keen As Shardi Biaghi Paul Furlong 0.980
23 Nomad Tackle Bendon Chua Mark DeCruz 0.595
24 Bream and Tonic Ryan Wainright Mitchell Bishop 0.520
25 Grab A Granny Andrew Manson Steve Yarwood 0.000
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GF boat pics-1.jpg (523.5 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg GF boat pics-2.jpg (558.0 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg GF boat pics-3.jpg (570.2 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg GF boat pics-4.jpg (449.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg GF boat pics-6.jpg (544.3 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by Nick Cuccovia; 02-11-2015 at 06:40 AM.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:35 PM
Administrator

What a day! Thanks to all of the competitors for making the day so good.

Was a pleasure to witness so many quality bags of fish one after another, even the mid size bags were still bags to be proud of so well done to all.

Congrats to Jake and Jesse on what has to be the biggest bag I have seen for a solid couple of years. You guys have both been fishing well all year and this was just the icing on the cake. 1st place, a BIG bag of product, $2400 cash as well as the Watersnake Big Bream of $1000 cash it was a pretty big pay day! Well done!

Also congratulations to Alex and Jack Team Bluewater Lowrance on taking out the AOY place for the year, getting it back to back is a stunning effort and it was pretty tight fight in the end with 5 boats starting the day with the chance of Taking out the AOY position.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:01 AM
Blue Lip

Big thanks to Sewelly and his team for the great comps this year. To all the teams that competed this year awesome job lets try and get some more teams in next year. Looking forward to mext year already:-)

Proudly Supported By

Flow-Rite Australia(Marine Warehouse) http://www.marinewarehouse.com.au/pr...orts/flow-rite

Manky Jack http://mankyjack.com/

Searing Tackle-Pontoon 21-Damiki-Fish Arrow http://www.searingtackle.com.au/
Old 02-11-2015, 12:12 PM
Blue Lip

What a finish to an incredible series and that team of the year coming down to the wire , everybody's eyes were looking at 3 high profile teams but another 2 could have snuck in at the 9 hour , Our team started off badly deciding to head for town, my partners done it once a while ago and I have never done it ( the estury crossing) thinking it would be commonsense just following channel markers we seem to lose track as they Petered out and got lost think we were heading for Dawesvilee lol random crabbers got us in the right direction and the fish were on straight away but the big ones we needed never made an appearance all day, headed back to the Murray around 12 after getting a few more random crabbers showing the way lol but found nothing to upgrade our smaller 27 cm fishes special thanks to Alex Griesdolf for offer of motor guide leccy for prefishing , fantastic work Nick, Ian and Richo and well done to all competetors for being involved in this years series.( oh and best wishes to fishing 13 Callam and Chris it was great having you part of the series and hope we see you back one day all the best )

Last edited by Shortytheyakker; 02-11-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Blue Lip

Fun day indeed...Just wished our forth fish didn't die on us right at the end before weigh in. Caught a stack of legal fish through out the day and to only weigh in three fish was a tad disappointing but that's comp fishing for ya.

Well done to all and all the place getters!
That 48cm beast...Well what can I say! That thing was crazy and to catch it in a comp is even better...Truly outstanding!!!
Old 02-11-2015, 08:56 PM
Fingerling

Awesome day out, big thanks to the WAFM boys and well done to the winners! It was great to witness some of those big bags and especially that 48cm donkey

Hit me up on Instagram ----> @burtus85

Pro Staff ------> Thelurepro.com.au

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: