Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Hulls

Hulls Come in here to find info on that next boat you buy…

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 20-04-2017, 05:30 AM
Fingerling

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacer420 View Post
Hi Topender (if you are still around), or others with similar setups.

I have been away from Bream Master for a while due to a change of fishing focus, but the lure (pardon the pun) of casting lures for Bream and EP's has brought me back.

I am currently looking to sell my Quintrex Escape with a 90 Etec and down size slightly to a top ender or renegade to suit lure casting better.

How has your 481 with the 70 Yamaha performed? Are you happy with the power of the 70? What is your top speed?

I like the look of the 440 Renegade or 450 Topender with a 70 Yamaha or 75 Etec on the back.
Wow here's a blast from the past!

I have now owned my 481 Topender going on 5 years this year.
I must say the boat has been nothing short of awsome and if I had my time again I would buy another without thinking twice.
The boat matched with the Yamaha 70hp is a perfect match top speed is around 60km per hour and the boat does not struggle at all even when loaded.
In this boat I have caught everything from bream to marlin. I regularly go offshore and the boat handles very well for its size.
I have taken many people out on my boat and I can say all have always been surprised how good the ride is in the Topender.
I have been in many other alloy boats none come close to the ride of the Topender.
Any other questions feel free to ask.
Old 20-04-2017, 06:26 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top ender View Post

I must say the boat has been nothing short of awsome and if I had my time again I would buy another without thinking twice.
The boat matched with the Yamaha 70hp is a perfect match top speed is around 60km per hour and the boat does not struggle at all even when loaded.
In this boat I have caught everything from bream to marlin. I regularly go offshore and the boat handles very well for its size.
I have taken many people out on my boat and I can say all have always been surprised how good the ride is in the Topender.
I have been in many other alloy boats none come close to the ride of the Topender.
Post some fish pics mate

I agree with what old mate has said about the top ender.

My mate just bought an old skool penguin huntress 5.6 meter & while it is obviously better out wide the penguin and the top ender get very wet before either feels dangerous! thats got to say something about the quinnie!Plus i can sneak out for a bream or a snapper
where as he is limited to offshore.
Old 20-04-2017, 07:28 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top ender View Post

Awesome, I love my 490 Escape/90 Etec as well and will keep it if I cant sell it for a fair price. Did you end up with the 80lb electric? If I keep my Escape I will add an 80lb Motorguide and just make do. What brand/size batteries did you install and do you charge them with a 12 or 24 volt charger?

Pflueger Trion 2-4kg 701LT, Shimano Stradic 2500 Ci4

PB Bream - 37cm TTF, Tilsan Bass
PB Estuary Perch - 48cm TTF, Rebel Crawdad
PB Flathead - 71cm, TT Switchblade
Old 21-04-2017, 05:55 AM
Fingerling

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacer420 View Post
Awesome, I love my 490 Escape/90 Etec as well and will keep it if I cant sell it for a fair price. Did you end up with the 80lb electric? If I keep my Escape I will add an 80lb Motorguide and just make do. What brand/size batteries did you install and do you charge them with a 12 or 24 volt charger?
I did end up going a 80lb minn Kota. I have 2 x 120amp batteries. I normally can fish about 5 to 7 trips before I need to recharge the batteries. I charge them on a 24v charger. I have 2 friends with a similar size boats who have 54lb and for most times they are ok but the 54lb does struggle if there's wind or strong current. If you have the room for two batteries go the 80lb if you don't then you will only be able to get the 54lb.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: