Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > WA Bream Classics

Old 13-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Mature Bream

Hi guys,
I am new to this forum and I am looking for some guidence and advice into entering as a non boater for next year.

I have fished for Bream socially for many years and I am very interested in having a go at the whole tournament side.

The trouble is I am located in the Bunbury area and I own a 5 m Coast Runner.
I believe my boat is too big for tournament fishing? (any thoughts on this)
If so, I too would be looking for a boater for next year, but before I get that far I am looking for a little bit more info into what is involved and what equipment is required for tournament fishing.

So,
Is there anyone down this way that I could talk to and maybe go out for a fish with so I can have a better understanding of what is involved in entering a tournament?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks guys
Old 13-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Blue Lip

Message me your number and i will put you in touch with some other bunbury boys who fish the comps
Old 14-09-2011, 12:03 AM
The Angry Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender View Post
IF the boaters can stop teaming up and take non boaters instead then it could be a huge comp...have you asked dror or sewelly..if they split then thats another team already...
There are numerous teams where this would apply, but I don't think Dror and Sewelly are one of them. I think you will find there will be another 5-10 teams next year reagrdless and then you will have the usual 5 plus teams that will give them a miss, thats just the way it is, some drop out and some start fishing them. Add the ones that will come back next year like Spads and Skivvs etc then I think there will be a gentle increase in numbers. JMO

Also it is not about just fishing with any non-boaters - that is what the ABT is for, the classics were set up so you can fish with your mates, usually stress free and just because your mate has a boat - it shouldn't mean you can't fish together.

If you want it like that then take it back to individual entries and put together random teams of those that entered.

cheers

"Kill, Grill, Chill and Swill"
Old 14-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Blue Lip

Bubba is too abusive on the boat so thats why im not fishing

More seriously though...

I would jump at getting back into the classics but our shooting club days are sundays.

Im going to give the two day events a crack again though. I dont mind missing out on a few shooting days over the year if there is a full weekends fishing event on, but for one day- its easier and cheaper for me not to fish.
Old 14-09-2011, 12:34 AM
EnviroJigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Y View Post
Bubba is too abusive on the boat so thats why im not fishing
I am not you useless sod!!!
Im planning on fishing them again (if the inshore jigging bug doesnt bite me to hard) so Yates will have to fish again!
Old 14-09-2011, 03:48 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
I am not you useless sod!!!
Im planning on fishing them again (if the inshore jigging bug doesnt bite me to hard) so Yates will have to fish again!

hahahah ........... VICTIM! .............. anyone told you how cose you were to having a cryo vacked schnook in your reel case. just could not do it to ya.

hope i'll be back as well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: