Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > WA Bream Classics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 14-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Blue Lip

I thought the field was reduced to 25 this year,,i was sure i read it somewhere at the beginning of the year,,i put it down to the ABT downsizing ?

But theres 55 kayaks at the venue so i must be mistaken or they changed that, it will be an awesome sight to behold all lined up,the Hobie event trailer is making its way across the Nullabour as well
Old 14-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortytheyakker View Post
I thought the field was reduced to 25 this year,,i was sure i read it somewhere at the beginning of the year,,i put it down to the ABT downsizing ?

But theres 55 kayaks at the venue so i must be mistaken or they changed that, it will be an awesome sight to behold all lined up,the Hobie event trailer is making its way across the Nullabour as well
55 is a lot better than 100+ last year !!!! Was a great sight but made it a bit crowded on the water
Old 14-08-2014, 11:00 PM
Blue Lip

That would be my worst nightmare

Even with 50 if i was competeting i would be working on my fitness between now and November so i could travel further afield away from the others and fish my own water .
Old 14-08-2014, 11:05 PM
Big Bream

Your words mirror mine Sewell!
It's an absolute fantastic result for wa and I can't commend Craig and getaway high enough in achieving such a great result. This would have to be WA's biggest event to be hosting in its tournament history. It will be my fourth national grand final appearance and judging on how well and appealing these events are I'm just super excited and happy that WA can experience this event first hand.
Old 14-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Big Bream

117 last year I'm pretty sure.
Finding your own water at Marlo was mission impossible!
Little too crowded so I think 50 is far better. More fish to go round
Old 14-08-2014, 11:26 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by shano View Post
117 last year I'm pretty sure.
Finding your own water at Marlo was mission impossible!
Little too crowded so I think 50 is far better. More fish to go round
Was hard. And heading down the front on day 2 was the worst possible decision !!! Heaps of spots as only 4 of us headed there but only got an hours fishing in as it took 40mins to get there and 3.5hrs to get back
Old 15-08-2014, 12:28 AM
Big Bream

Yeah I would've been the 5th to join you's but I chose to sit in my yak and catch ep's as the bream were not worth chasing! They were hard enough the first day let alone the cyclonic winds making it near on impossible. That and 4-5 yakkers in any given spot at any time :-/
Old 15-08-2014, 07:15 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastbrimin View Post
Was hard. And heading down the front on day 2 was the worst possible decision !!! Heaps of spots as only 4 of us headed there but only got an hours fishing in as it took 40mins to get there and 3.5hrs to get back
I remember following you guys down that way on day two and was thankful I stopped just short of the river mouth entrance and went back up to get my only fish of the comp at that inlet opposite the launch .Was hard enough doing the last 500 m at the end spinning in circles ....
I promise Mandurah will turn on better weather than that in November .....
And 2015 PA 12 have drop down dagger boards No power poles this year I have been told.

Been a year of pretty tough comps over here on the Swan and Murray but by November it should be coming on real nice.
Not qualified yet so its do or die on Sunday at the local GF.

Well done to Craig from WA Bream Classics and the Getaway Outdoors team .
They have been doing an outstanding job putting on 6 rounds including the local grand final for us this year at 4 different venues .We hit 52 anglers for the first time this year and averaged around 40 even in the worst of the winter weather .
The WA crew are looking forward to having you guys over and anything we can do to help let us know .

Last edited by brendon; 15-08-2014 at 07:17 AM.