Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Hulls

Hulls Come in here to find info on that next boat you buy…

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Big Bream

Vinyl Wrap

Hi all,

Wanting to wrap my Quinny hornet 435 and wanted to get some feedback on how it will last in salt water. The paint has copped a whole heap of scratches on my boat cause of being careless on one fishing trip.
Just wondering does it hold out on salt water or start peeling after a while?

How much will it cost for a wrap on my 435?

Can anyone recommend me a good vinyl wrapper located in Sydney?

Should i wrap or just paint the boat?

Thank you all in advanced and appreciate any help.

Bash
Old 07-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Blue Lip

Love the look, but very impractical if you are prone to getting your boat roughed up.
I didnt want a wrap but the wife did. I did what ever it took to get the boat.

Its a work in progress
Old 07-05-2015, 08:20 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Love the look, but very impractical if you are prone to getting your boat roughed up.
Hey ck

could you post a pic of your boat interested to see what the wrap looks like.

cheers
Old 07-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post
Hi all,

Wanting to wrap my Quinny hornet 435 and wanted to get some feedback on how it will last in salt water. The paint has copped a whole heap of scratches on my boat cause of being careless on one fishing trip.
Just wondering does it hold out on salt water or start peeling after a while?

How much will it cost for a wrap on my 435?

Can anyone recommend me a good vinyl wrapper located in Sydney?

Should i wrap or just paint the boat?

Thank you all in advanced and appreciate any help.

Bash
Richard Potter at Xfactor signs is your man in Sydney. 0413 113 828

He'll take you through all the options. He's one of the best. I've driven up to Sydney for Rich to do my first wrap.

Cheers
Paul

Follow my fishing travels on Facebook
Old 07-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Fingerling

Hi Bash,

mate have you settled on a design for your wrap yet?
I am currently working on a range of boat wraps including a couple of different Bream variations. All the artwork is 100% original and painted (in photoshop) by myself, in fact all the bream are fish that I have actually caught myself and then used within the wraps.

The actual printing and the wrapping of the artwork is not something I am capable of BUT in all my research so far I have been continuously pointed in the direction of Xfactor Signs and Graphics for any signage and wrap work. Hope that helps mate.

by the way here is a sample of one of my Bream artworks. Its a low res image from my phone so i hope it turns out okay. This one is A Bream Half Wrap.
I have created these in a Full length, Half and quarter length wrap. This is a huge Passion I have and I am only just starting up so of course any and all feedback is appreciated and most welcome. I hope you all like them.

(P.S mods I hope my post is okay, please delete if I have broken any rules.)

Cheers guys,

Allen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Half Wrap Small.jpg (114.3 KB, 426 views)
Old 07-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Big Bream

Wraps with graphics arent my style at all much prefer clean lines and monochrome minimalistics looks, however that looks really special AllenC possibly the best looking graphic style wrap ive seen.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:31 PM
Blue Lip

Allen, that graphic looks awesome. Very nice in deed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjpk View Post
Hey ck

could you post a pic of your boat interested to see what the wrap looks like.
Its a Telwater designed wrap fitted in the factory. We do get a lot of comments on how striking it is, but I am not to keen on putting up pictures of my boat. Sorry.

I didn't want a wrap, didn't even want it painted. The reasons for the decision are varied but for the type of fishing we do regularly, I knew they were not practical. Even with the use of fenders they will mark up to varying degrees and retrieving wayward lures becomes a very difficult proposition now to what it once was.

The boat we purchased was one on the showroom floor, it already had a striking wrap on it that the wife fell in love with & a price that basically meant I didn't pay for it or the painting. That is the whole price came in at around the cost of a natural finish hull. I certainly wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

As I say, they look great & are a great way to personalise your rig, but unless you fish flats all the time, can always use good facilities, have a second pair of hands, and can cast every cast with 100% accuracy or don't mind leaving your expensive lures behind occasionally, you are gonna mark, or tear them up to varying degrees.

Painting might be a more durable option and one that can easily be fixed up when the inevitable accidents happen.

Its a work in progress

Last edited by CK; 07-05-2015 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:33 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
As I say, they look great & are a great way to personalise your rig, but unless you fish flats all the time, can always use good facilities, have a second pair of hands, and can cast every cast with 100% accuracy or don't mind leaving your expensive lures behind occasionally, you are gonna mark, or tear them up to varying degrees.

Painting might be a more durable option and one that can easily be fixed up when the inevitable accidents happen.
Depends how precious you are about your wrap at the end of the day.

The main job of a wrap is to protect the paintwork and hull underneath. (+ potentially advertise etc...)

If you're going to spend every session worrying about it and trying to avoid putting a scratch on it, you'll have a miserable time.

Bash: a stock design + fit up will be much cheaper than if you wanted something designed from scratch.

I'd go as far as saying a stock design wrap will be cheaper than a spray job. But as i mentioned, talk to Rich to get proper quotes for your boat as they're all different.

AllenC: That looks great! Keep it up!

Old 07-05-2015, 10:53 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Richard Potter at Xfactor signs is your man in Sydney. 0413 113 828

He'll take you through all the options. He's one of the best. I've driven up to Sydney for Rich to do my first wrap.

Cheers
Paul
Thanks for the help Paul. I'll give him a call and see what he says. Appreciate it mate.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:10 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenC View Post
Hi Bash,

mate have you settled on a design for your wrap yet?
I am currently working on a range of boat wraps including a couple of different Bream variations. All the artwork is 100% original and painted (in photoshop) by myself, in fact all the bream are fish that I have actually caught myself and then used within the wraps.

The actual printing and the wrapping of the artwork is not something I am capable of BUT in all my research so far I have been continuously pointed in the direction of Xfactor Signs and Graphics for any signage and wrap work. Hope that helps mate.

by the way here is a sample of one of my Bream artworks. Its a low res image from my phone so i hope it turns out okay. This one is A Bream Half Wrap.
I have created these in a Full length, Half and quarter length wrap. This is a huge Passion I have and I am only just starting up so of course any and all feedback is appreciated and most welcome. I hope you all like them.

(P.S mods I hope my post is okay, please delete if I have broken any rules.)

Cheers guys,

Allen.
Hi Allen,

I did settle on a wrap but after seeing yours mate I really like it. Great work Allen would love to see what other ones you have mate.

Nice stuff mate.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:10 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Hahaha you have to do what you have to do...
Old 07-05-2015, 11:19 PM
Blue Lip

After 3 years, it took a couple of hours with the heatgun to remove, zero adhesive residue left on the hull - looks brand new.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3794.jpg (68.6 KB, 392 views)

Old 07-05-2015, 11:57 PM
Blue Lip

Mine is 7 years old and the wrap is starting to show its age. Cracked in a couple of places and a bit has come unstuck. Probably take it off sometime soon. For a bigger boat like mine its about 2k for a wrap.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:17 AM
Fingerling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
Mine is 7 years old and the wrap is starting to show its age. Cracked in a couple of places and a bit has come unstuck. Probably take it off sometime soon. For a bigger boat like mine its about 2k for a wrap.
2k thats cheap for a wrap on a bass boat. Is that going to the edge of the carpet ?
And does that include art design ?
Old 10-05-2015, 02:37 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichZX190 View Post
2k thats cheap for a wrap on a bass boat. Is that going to the edge of the carpet ?
And does that include art design ?
Nah it's not right up and over just to the edge and not right around the back either. Just got a rough quote so i'll see what they rekon when I get them to do a proper design and hopefully it's still around that price.