Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Reels

Reels Who’s using what, find out in here.

Old 13-07-2012, 05:07 AM
Big Bream

seems the way with shimano reels coming out of malaysia ay, some are great some are average... but thats how my bio was from out of the box. i told them straight away and they said bring it back in.. never bothered cos it doesnt stop me catching fish, just annoying.... and yeh seen plenty of topics on people with sketchy CI4's and plenty saying they are great. Guess i was just luck in geting a well put together one.

yes you are right on that, 1 less bearing in the JDM Biomasters. still 1 more than the stradic fj's though.

do u get any little knock from your stella inside on retrieves? even my 1000 FE has a slight knock and little play with handle slide in and out. definately nothing to cry about, but noticeable on a $670 reel
Old 13-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Blue Lip

Hey mate, na no knocks as such, smooth as silk,I've felt a click in the handle of my 2500, but I reckon its because of the build of the t grip, I'm putting an I knob on it as soon as possible,
Even today I fished for the Arvo with my Stella 2500, 1000, and Stradic fj 1000 and they are going good,
No sliding in and out though
Mate...I've been so happy with Stella's as before them I was using Stradic ci4 2500, sustain fe etc, bearing count doubles from next model down it is a big gap in quality and $$
I think bobby bass made this point too he's a daiwa man though....

We need more Shimano range but I think the demand isnt there in oz
Old 14-07-2012, 01:37 AM
Big Bream

i guess when you look at the range though, its pretty well covered... ive seen all the JDM shimano reels and cant find 1 that ive thought "why dont they bring that into the aust. market" Twin Power Mg, Cardiff, Soare, Vanquish, 11 TP. I think Sienna to Stella covers all types and species of fishing.