Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Reels

Reels Who’s using what, find out in here.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #16  
Old 29-04-2018, 10:41 PM
manno's Avatar
manno manno is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melb
Posts: 1,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple5ive View Post
for $900 yeah id expect the handle to turn itself and fish to automatically hook themselves and land themselvess too
Ha. Do you also spin the handle and then count the number of revolutions?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 30-04-2018, 12:05 AM
purple5ive purple5ive is offline
Big Bream
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by manno View Post
Ha. Do you also spin the handle and then count the number of revolutions?
HA. Thats for amateurs, i just spin the handle and time it till it stops. ive got a timer specifically for it
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-05-2018, 03:53 AM
stella fella's Avatar
stella fella stella fella is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lake Mac
Posts: 3,193
I was under the impression that Daiwa actually made the handles a tad tighter deliberately in order to to prevent the reel winding involuntarily?
__________________
"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, but I still get to kill something."
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 24-05-2018, 10:07 PM
purple5ive purple5ive is offline
Big Bream
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 832
Just found out that theres a recall on the new exist 3000 models, only just happned so I don’t know much about it apart from the fact that the main gears have a fault in them, something along the lines of tolerance issues and material used.
only the 3k models at this stage afaik.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 24-05-2018, 11:05 PM
Piscateur's Avatar
Piscateur Piscateur is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by stella fella View Post
I was under the impression that Daiwa actually made the handles a tad tighter deliberately in order to to prevent the reel winding involuntarily?
I believe you're right, I think it was the 2012 model that Daiwa made moves to deliberately stop involuntary winding. and I liked this feature as the handle falling with gravity at times would move the lure from the strike zone.
__________________
May all your evenings rise
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 24-05-2018, 11:11 PM
gsenaeef67 gsenaeef67 is offline
Mature Bream
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple5ive View Post
Just found out that theres a recall on the new exist 3000 models, only just happned so I don’t know much about it apart from the fact that the main gears have a fault in them, something along the lines of tolerance issues and material used.
only the 3k models at this stage afaik.
Where did you hear this from?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 25-05-2018, 09:03 AM
manno's Avatar
manno manno is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melb
Posts: 1,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscateur View Post
I believe you're right, I think it was the 2012 model that Daiwa made moves to deliberately stop involuntary winding. and I liked this feature as the handle falling with gravity at times would move the lure from the strike zone.
Why you let go of the handle when in “strike zone” ?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 25-05-2018, 11:03 PM
yellow door 1's Avatar
yellow door 1 yellow door 1 is offline
LEGEND Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 12,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscateur View Post
I believe you're right, I think it was the 2012 model that Daiwa made moves to deliberately stop involuntary winding. and I liked this feature as the handle falling with gravity at times would move the lure from the strike zone.
Yeah that would also stop those pesky "false takes" in deep water when you're staring intently at the braid as it enters the water. The reel handle spins and you think a snapper has grabbed the lure on the drop.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-06-2018, 06:35 AM
gsenaeef67 gsenaeef67 is offline
Mature Bream
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 133
So any evidence for that call purple5ive?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 25-09-2018, 09:46 PM
gsenaeef67 gsenaeef67 is offline
Mature Bream
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 133
Finally had a feel of the exist. Feels a bit weird for a Daiwa. First thought was that it was quite stiff and not as free spinning as the previous Exist. I like the build quality though. It's excellent.

exist2.jpg
exist3.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-10-2018, 02:59 AM
Bash's Avatar
Bash Bash is offline
Big Bream
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 730
Anymore feedback on this reel? Want to buy one but wanting more reviews!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-10-2018, 11:41 PM
warren63's Avatar
warren63 warren63 is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post
Anymore feedback on this reel? Want to buy one but wanting more reviews!
I've got the 2500 size. Definitely smooth and solid. Ive had no dramas with my ones. I primarily bought them for bream fishing but have easily handled big flatties, Trev's and some good jacks. I run braid on mine and no dramas a with line lay, wind knots etc.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-10-2018, 11:49 PM
Bash's Avatar
Bash Bash is offline
Big Bream
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren63 View Post
I've got the 2500 size. Definitely smooth and solid. Ive had no dramas with my ones. I primarily bought them for bream fishing but have easily handled big flatties, Trev's and some good jacks. I run braid on mine and no dramas a with line lay, wind knots etc.
Thanks for the feedback mate!
Bought a 1000 size yesterday, love it to bits. Smooth as and very solid. The build on them is amazing...
Hopefully I can get stuck into come solid bream and flatties soon on this reel.
Might have to buy a 2500 size as well.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-10-2018, 11:57 PM
warren63's Avatar
warren63 warren63 is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post
Thanks for the feedback mate!
Bought a 1000 size yesterday, love it to bits. Smooth as and very solid. The build on them is amazing...
Hopefully I can get stuck into come solid bream and flatties soon on this reel.
Might have to buy a 2500 size as well.
I bought one as that one high end reel we all want and now I have 3. As I said haven't been able to fault mine.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-10-2018, 10:39 PM
gsenaeef67 gsenaeef67 is offline
Mature Bream
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 133
Exist with the SLP Works spool and handle. Handle is a bit shorter than the OEM and spool is shallow capacity.

The drag is definitely a lot stronger than the previous Exist.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg exist1.jpg (118.0 KB, 3 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Google