Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Lures > Jigs

Jigs Want to find out which jigs perform best, drop in here…
Gamakatsu, Slider, Ecogear, Nitro, Assassin...

Old 17-09-2010, 03:02 AM
Blue Lip

Glue for weedless jigheads.

Hey guys,

Which glue is best for stopping soft plastics from sliding of the jighead.
When I say best I mean won't scare the fish away from the smell, and wont slide of the hook. At the same time. So Multi-task glue
Thanks fella's,

-Pivot-
Old 17-09-2010, 03:16 AM
Mature Bream

pivot
all we use is any supa glue products. just lay it around the eyelette entry point of the lure. it does not seem to deter the fish, but if you have the time get a tube of window and glass silicone (selleys is the best) and pre-rig them as the silicone will take some time to set. it doesnt really matter what it is when using frogs and other barra plastics as they are usually retreived at a pace that they wont detect any artificial scents. if you drop in on sunday morning i will be spawning (barra and jacks)and i can help you out further. i use the selleys window and glass on bream as it is not so rigid and has a lot more flex.

hope this helps

cheers
kurt
Old 17-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Blue Lip

Hey mate,

Thanks for that, good to know the barra aren't too picky. Also, been getting a few hits from barra with breampoppa at cally recently. Still yet to catch one though. I missed a 80+ due to hook failure and breampoppa got chewed of through 50lb and a guide on his rod snapped of during the fight!
Also not to mention losing a BN Rapala to it. He claims it to be also 80 ish aswell.
I missed my barra on Thursday after school and breampoppa missed his on the following friday(yesterday). Starting to think we know where about the barra are spawning. And due to the hot weather, there have been a large difference. Thanks for all the help through-out this aswell. I'll make sure to keep silicone in mind, think I have some lying around, what about aerodite. Would that work also?

Lol, another thing I can't get over to the hatchery on sunday morning, due to me working to 5am on sunday. Although, I do now have school holidays so if you're working threw the week I will try to pop-in. I generally fish around the marina, morning fishing at the marina is the best, so I'll most likely try to catch up closer to midday-ish.

Thanks again,

-Pivot-
Old 17-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Big Bream

hey piv,
try using a small cable tie that matches the sp colour pulled up tight at the front end.then snipped off flush,no suss smells that mite put fish off.
works for me when targetting kings,bonnies etc.dont think this would be applicable to bream sized sp though.

cheers
bomb
spinnerbaiting yellowbelly
suspending minnows on bass
jigging kingfish
flyfishing for bonito
fizzer fishing barra/goodoo