Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Rods

Rods Get the goss on what’s hot, and what’s not...

Old 13-02-2013, 01:04 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxrally View Post
No need to be sorry mate, that's the best thing about this site, it's here to help everyone. I hope i didn't come across as too abrupt thats all.

Hey Boris,
Yes not too bad, I have been playing with 4 x prototypes for the last week or so and getting some good feedback on them. Can't wait until the finished versions are here as they will certainly be the Bizz
So hopefully not too far away.

Hi mate,
At this stage they are only 1 piece but I can find out if that will change in the future? any particular reason you are chasing a 2 piece??

Sam I might have some rods that I won't be using anymore up for sale soon, send me a PM with our mobile number and I can text you some pics and specs?
Cheers Dale.
Thanks heaps Dale. 2 piece so it can fit into the boot of my car. As i am primarily landbased, i need a 2 piece to transport in my Commodore Sedan. Otherwise i reckon i would have had one by now.
Old 13-02-2013, 04:46 AM
Big Bream

Loving the look of the omen, is it a versatile rod, what should get for flicking plastics and hardz and also home much are they roughly and where can I buy
Old 13-02-2013, 05:18 AM
Blue Lip

No idea where you can grab one around melbourne.
There around $170-180 each from most stores and they are an awesome piece of gear. If i was getting just one it would be the 610 ml and ive found them really versitile with plenty of grunt when you need it but a tip thats light enough to load progressively when casting to launch those light lures into the distance. It'll do most of your fishing around the city and docklands and have enough grunt to go chase those yellowbelly around the outer suburbs.

Add to this a great build quality and a 5year warranty it's hard to beat!

Dale should be able to give you some more dealer info.

Cheers
Boris

www.crankalures.com
Old 13-02-2013, 05:27 AM
Blue Lip

Is there a website up yet.Should be up by now to be honest more time working less fishing lol I was told there would be a light bc is that still happeing
Is there a supplier northside.A website would answer these questions

Last edited by Partizan Fk; 13-02-2013 at 05:29 AM. Reason: more info
Old 13-02-2013, 05:34 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris View Post
There around $170-180 each from most stores and they are an awesome piece of gear. If i was getting just one it would be the 610 ml and ive found them really versitile with plenty of grunt when you need it but a tip thats light enough to load progressively when casting to launch those light lures into the distance. It'll do most of your fishing around the city and docklands and have enough grunt to go chase those yellowbelly around the outer suburbs.

Cheers
Boris
R these the omens or
Old 13-02-2013, 06:29 AM
Blue Lip

Yeah mate the OMEN.

Patrick, a website is being set up from what I can gather of facebook but i dont know how far away it is. There is a big shipment due in at the end of this month so more stores should have stock then and i believe a light bc is on the cards.

Sent fish-tec a pm as i think he is involved with the company.

Cheers

www.crankalures.com
Old 13-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris View Post

Cheers
Boris
The Omen 610ML is almost a 4-10lb, the better rod for LB would be the 71ml as it is a little softer, these rods are still very stiff as they were designed for Bass. There will be a new range coming soon, we are currently test the new prototypes for these rods as we speak. I will be giving them another go tomorrow so can give some more feedback then.

As for Melbourne Stockist's they are currently working on it, I know Hooked on Bait and tackle want to out the range in as will most Melbourne stores, but these guys I have actually spoken with.

The guys at 13 fishing Australia have been overwhelmed with the support that they have received to date and had not anticipated the response that we have had, so please be patient as they are working overtime to get as many stockist as possible.

Dolivedunk works for 13 Fishing Australia and will have more information than I can supply, but rest assured they are doing everything they can to get these into all of your local stores.

Also the web site is about 3-4 weeks away from what I understand, in the meantime you can check out a heap of information on their facebook page.

Yes they are working on a 6" light BC model, I am actually keen to try using one of these with some bream lures to see what they are like.

I hope this answers most questions so far.
Thanks Dale.
Old 13-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Big Bream

So the 701 is bit more versatile, I am also FISHNG the gippsland lakes, but I have a canoe