Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Motors

Motors Get the low down on which outboards perform best…

Old 10-11-2011, 01:09 AM
Mature Bream

Yamaha Sho Motors

Hi all just wondering are we going to see the Yamaha SHO outboards in Australia and are they a 4 stroke or ETEC style motor....My hull is rated to 175HP.... Yamaha only do a 150HP 4 stroke ATM....does anyone know anything about the SHO motors????/
Old 10-11-2011, 01:25 AM
Blue Lip

They should have arrived in October. There have been a few issues in the states with enginges 'making oil' - do a google search if you are interested to find out more (think it was mainly an issue with the 250). This may have delayed their release in Australia

They are a 4 stroke engine, built on a 4.2L block and will come in 200, 225 and 250hp variants.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 10-11-2011, 03:16 AM
Mature Bream

There is a bloke in Newcastle that has one. (200) on a skeeter. (ScottB)

the cowling is massive. goes like a rocket and relatively quiet.

super good on fuel to.

Ledge n

www.barzoptics.com.au
Old 28-11-2011, 05:29 AM
Poddy Bream

Thumbs up The Game Changers Are Here!

The SHO's are here and ready to go! All 3 models 200, 225 & 250.These high performance 4.2L V6 engines are Yamaha's latest state of the art technology straight out of Japan available now through-out Yamaha Australia. I have had the honour of owning a 200 SHO now for 8 mths, and let me tell you they are unbelievable! To think that you could get this much grunt from a 4 stroke is mind blowing. Its torque through-out the rev range is insane! The power and drive that you get when you punch that throttle, just has to be felt.These engines are as fuel effecient if not better than its competitive 2 strokes and as light. As i said, this is the game changer!
Anyone that would like some more information regarding my time with this engine please do not hesitate. Contact Scott 0411 768616
This boat will be seen flying the Yamaha banner at all of the up-coming BETS rounds thanks to Yamaha Australia. I would gladly offer a test drive to anyone that is considering an engine at any of these events or some other arrangement can be made.
So get on board with Yamaha and get the feel of "The Game Changer"

Last edited by quick release; 28-11-2011 at 05:49 AM.
Old 29-11-2011, 01:33 AM
Big Bream

Good to hear Scott,
any info on warranty, service frequency and all round reliability is what I'm after? I'm entering the market again soon and I am very interested in these motors, either 200 or 225.

Like most people my main concern is break down issues and reliability over an extended period of time, not really top speeds and hole shots, which a lot of manufacturers are selling their brand on. At the top end market all these motors are pushing a fair bit of speed so it's not that important to me and some others. In my books owning a motor and upgrading every couple of years is just too expensive and seriously with regular servicing a motor should last up to 5 years unheeded, or it’s just not good quality.

Any info on warranty length and reliability from a manufacturers point of view would be handy. I have read quite a bit on some US forums but they are generally personal points of view and can be bias some of the time. Some hard evidence and statistics would be handy.

Cheers
Drew
Old 29-11-2011, 02:33 AM
Mature Bream

I was hoping a 150 would make the line up
Was very interested. Local Yamaha sales team hadn't even heard of them which is a great plug for the business..... I rang up to ask questions and had to tell them all about them
Old 29-11-2011, 04:52 AM
Poddy Bream

SHO response

Servicing these engines is 20hrs after initial run-in period and 100hr/yearly there after. I am hearing you in regard to reliability, my response to this is YAMAHA! I have had a personal boating lifestyle now for the past 15 yrs and the general talk and consensus that i have heard and experienced regarding Yamaha outboards is simply there reliability. To add to this, i know that the backup you and i will get from Yamaha is second to none. As far as warranty goes, i have a very good contact within Yamaha Aust. that i will confirm with ASAP. These engines, as you may know, have JUST hit our shores, this has been confirmed, but i doubt if they have been released to their dealers as yet. I am sure within given time Yamaha Aust. will inform their dealers of all necessary information regarding these engines at their descretion. You have to understand, that this is new technology, so give Yamaha their time to present these engines formally to the market.In the mean time i will check on the warranty period Yamaha Oz are going to offer so stay posted. As far as general info such as recommended run-in proceedures, fuel usage, flushing devices due to racing style nose cone or anything else that comes to mind please drop me a pm or give me call.

Last edited by quick release; 29-11-2011 at 05:09 AM.
Old 29-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Big Bream

Thanks mate, new technology always scares me, but as you say Yammy has had great respect within the industry for some time. Owned a merc, suzy(which is the same), johnno, and now eveinrude, maybe it's time for a yammy.

Thanks
Drew
Old 30-11-2011, 05:53 AM
Poddy Bream

"quick released" you are either TOTALLY TOTALLY sold by this new Yammy engine or you have to be a dealer in them! Seriously I've never heard anybody be Soooooooo enthusistic about one before. If you are just an avergae punter like us, how did you get one 8 months ahead of the release? I kid you not I've owned a Yammy 2 stroke 175HPDI for 8 years & it's been a great motor. I have just traded my bigger boat for a small 4.7 Top Ender & that I will pick up this Friday with a Yammy 70 EFI on it. So I'm no stranger to Yammy's & like them (obviously) a lot but dude. The gushing report? Can you explain how you got it & what the story is? There has to be more to this?????? I mean look at your avitar! ????
Old 30-11-2011, 07:26 AM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
"quick released" you are either TOTALLY TOTALLY sold by this new Yammy engine or you have to be a dealer in them! Seriously I've never heard anybody be Soooooooo enthusistic about one before. If you are just an avergae punter like us, how did you get one 8 months ahead of the release? I kid you not I've owned a Yammy 2 stroke 175HPDI for 8 years & it's been a great motor. I have just traded my bigger boat for a small 4.7 Top Ender & that I will pick up this Friday with a Yammy 70 EFI on it. So I'm no stranger to Yammy's & like them (obviously) a lot but dude. The gushing report? Can you explain how you got it & what the story is? There has to be more to this?????? I mean look at your avitar! ????
Mate, are you for real?
If you have a question, why dont you contact him direct!!!!!

" Must be a conspiracy " hahahaha
Old 30-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Poddy Bream

Warrior? Worrier? What was it?

Mate i'm just your average punter, enthusiastic hell yeah! Read the first post : does anybody know anything about these motors? Dude Given this oppertunity knowing that i run it, fueled it, proped it, flushed it, ran it in rough water, calm water, added Hyd j/p, i've had it serviced and then someone gives you the heads up that there's a post that says the above question. Knowing that there ain't too many others! What the - would you do? Just tryin to help those who had questions and stoked to think that others are now going to have the oppertunity to run these engines!
Old 30-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Poddy Bream

Well it's great to see & hear someone so enthusistic then. I didn't mean anything negative by my comments, good to hear they're so good. You still didn't let us know how you got one 8 months early though. I hope it runs long & hard for you.
Old 30-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Mature Bream

The world's a small place Wario. Look up "import" in the dictionary....

Last edited by wizard; 30-11-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 30-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick release View Post
Mate i'm just your average punter, enthusiastic hell yeah! Read the first post : does anybody know anything about these motors? Dude Given this oppertunity knowing that i run it, fueled it, proped it, flushed it, ran it in rough water, calm water, added Hyd j/p, i've had it serviced and then someone gives you the heads up that there's a post that says the above question. Knowing that there ain't too many others! What the - would you do? Just tryin to help those who had questions and stoked to think that others are now going to have the oppertunity to run these engines!
You didn't even go close to answering Wario's question.
Old 30-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Blue Lip

Unbelievable! The guy is trying to help and there are already two posters grilling him. Get real

Monster Miki Addict

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: