Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > WA Bream Classics

Old 06-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Osborne View Post
Now that's a good idea, and bring back the trailering option for Mandurah, the lack of it is doing more harm than good.
Ian said trailering is/was only allowed where extreme weather is present & the estuary crossing is detrimental to safety - so I doubt it will return. It was adopted as a normality, but was never meant to be used as an option 1. Sure we'd all like to trailer, but if people want trailering just because it allows them to be on the fish earlier/easier, then they really just need to make smart decisions as that is what comps are all about.. In kayaks, you pay for every wrong decision you make as you don't have quick travel readily available, it then makes a good placing all the sweeter. I noticed that in the few rounds where trailering was allowed/i participated, people at the boat ramps also felt entitled to launch first if they left MOFSC first.. which opens up many cans of worms given some of us know the roads better.. Take extra fuel, allow more time to cater for average conditions/travel, make sure your first stop is worth while or risk dirty water all day. Someone accused me directly, last year, of going to Collie to get fish, also cheating; piss poor nonetheless and bad sportsmanship in my opinion. If I didn't love this sport so much, that probably would have been enough for me to say that it is a drama filled sport & it isn't worth the conflicts.. At least if we are all on a leveled playing field it is easier to monitor/also helps people suck it up that we are all given the same parameters to compete within.

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab253/searingtackle/webbanner_zpsnjjqxuuj.gif
Old 06-09-2016, 11:12 PM
Big Bream

some interesting points there Jesse, cant say I agree with many of them though. firstly that the trailering option allows people to fish earlier than crossing the inlet by boat, time and again it has been said that most trailering people arrive at the ramps at the same time that the first boats are going past. Secondly the level playing field, how does a bass boat that can cross the inlet at 45Knots, compere to a small tinny that cant cross the inlet because of wind and is forced to fish the canals only an even playing field??

And as far as arguments at ramps about who should put in first, perhaps they should remember that they are adults.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:54 PM
The Angry Administrator

Quote:
some interesting points there Jesse, cant say I agree with many of them though. firstly that the trailering option allows people to fish earlier than crossing the inlet by boat, time and again it has been said that most trailering people arrive at the ramps at the same time that the first boats are going past. Secondly the level playing field, how does a bass boat that can cross the inlet at 45Knots, compere to a small tinny that cant cross the inlet because of wind and is forced to fish the canals only an even playing field??

And as far as arguments at ramps about who should put in first, perhaps they should remember that they are adults.
I don't see why WA should be any different to anywhere else in Australia, we are all adults and should be aware that you drive to the conditions and your boats capabilities.

"Kill, Grill, Chill and Swill"
Old 07-09-2016, 01:03 AM
Blue Lip

Well said Richo

People deal with a lot larger water ways on the east coast and there is not DohDohDohDohDohing about it

pb 47cm placcies Murray River
pb 44cm hards Murray River
Old 07-09-2016, 02:08 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richo View Post
I don't see why WA should be any different to anywhere else in Australia, we are all adults and should be aware that you drive to the conditions and your boats capabilities.
Quite easy one to answer Richo, trailering used to be allowed then it was stopped. Allow me to make one thing clear here, this isn't about me, my boat can cross the inlet quite easily. Its a consensus thing, a question was asked "why are the numbers down"??? OK the economic climate has been blamed by some, but perhaps you as one of the organisers should (possibly)be asking "What changes have we made that might be unpopular"??

Last edited by John Osborne; 07-09-2016 at 02:11 AM.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:55 AM
Administrator

Unpopular or not... It is out of our hands, we pay insurance money to ABT and the directive from them was no trailering the same as every other state.

Every state has the same issue as we do, big inlets, big and small boats in the field.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:56 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Quite easy one to answer Richo, trailering used to be allowed then it was stopped. Allow me to make one thing clear here, this isn't about me, my boat can cross the inlet quite easily. Its a consensus thing, a question was asked "why are the numbers down"??? OK the economic climate has been blamed by some, but perhaps you as one of the organisers should (possibly)be asking "What changes have we made that might be unpopular"??
"Why should WA be different to any other state"
"Quite easy one to answer Richo, trailering used to be allowed then it was stopped"
Richo is saying, that we are bringing WA in line with the rest of Australia's system & that we are no exception.

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab253/searingtackle/webbanner_zpsnjjqxuuj.gif
Old 07-09-2016, 04:53 AM
Big Bream

ok allow me to say this, I am not trying to be the bad guy here, like most I was unaware that it was an ABT directive for insurance reasons, like most I heard a WA Bream Scene rumour that someone had done the wrong thing and that's why it was canned. also most people are scratching their heads about the dropping numbers at the WA classics, and now they are scratching their heads with the other hand asking why there is only two next year, as such I was offering a reason why, that is being voiced by a lot of people.

If I have annoyed/upset some of you I apologise,
Old 07-09-2016, 05:52 AM
Blue Lip

Not sure what everyone's elses industry is like, but the building industry is ##$#!^#!!!ED

Alot of guys are having to drop there prices and I know of a few who have been screwed over by builders going under.
Things will turn around but at the moment alot of people don't have any expendable income.

Australian Designed and Owned
Old 07-09-2016, 06:05 AM
Big Bream

Tell me about it Jaydon, I am a self funded retiree, not good at the moment.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:22 AM
Big Bream

Trailering also had its dramas people speeding people jumping the que in the starting line up yep it was great if you only had a tinnie and didn't want to make the drive across the inlet or fish higher up ie Murray bend an beyond but things change we have to accept it no where else do you get a trailering option to my knowledge I would love a couple more rounds like in previous years (4) plus gf as I've just spent the last few years working away so I could finally save up for a boat of my own I'm over the moon about 2 rounds for the abt events can't wait for them next year it's early stages maybe things will change also my view is purely selfish as I've missed out on so many I just want to compete as much as I can
Old 07-09-2016, 07:14 AM
Blue Lip

Drive it like you stole it...sink or swim
Old 07-09-2016, 07:44 AM
Blue Lip

I think the down turn has a bit to do with it to but a lot of guys have dropped off that used to fish every round
Steve Morrison
Yardi
Dave beer
Pmac
Richard Williams and Mrs Williams
Just to name a few

The younger crew haven't gone on to buy boats they tend to yak as its a cheaper and easier option

pb 47cm placcies Murray River
pb 44cm hards Murray River
Old 07-09-2016, 08:36 AM
Big Bream

I don't mind the no trailering option, first Mandurah round last year I remember there being a decent line up at Murray bend boatramp and the fish didn't like sitting in the livewell in high 30s degree heat while being trailered to the weigh in.
Smaller boats who don't cross get extra fishing time by staying close to the starting point.
As for numbers, I think lots do suzies comps just to save abit of $$$. Think a few more need to make the transition into classics events.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:47 AM
Blue Lip

With the old hands dropping off we are at the stage where we have maybe 20 young ones coming thru the ranks being apart of Getaways outdoors land based/ kayak and boat social comps run by Susie , keen as mustard young guns that fish 25 hours a day in the 14/15 and 16 year age group , most will get involved in Kayak/ Boats in the future but most have not come of age yet .

Also after one tournament s fellow fisher was discussing the dropping numbers and said he believed part was due to the closing of WAFM magazine something I thoughg played a part as well as it was a good marketing tool IMO

Still wilth the dropping of 2 rounds we will still have ABT events in boat / kayaks the Getaways outdoors social comps will grow , I think our dance cards will be pretty full if we compete in both kayaks/ boats , if you have s boat but no kayak I would be saving up now , 2017 will be an interesting year .
( Folks might start seriously start considering the Albany speccy etc if there scheduled is quieter in the future )

Last edited by Shortytheyakker; 07-09-2016 at 08:52 AM.