Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 27-12-2015, 07:06 AM
Blue Lip

Are you doing poos?
Old 27-12-2015, 07:13 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by manno View Post
Are you doing poos?
Yeah - when a man takes a deer dump after a week of no fruit - sometimes he needs a knife to cut the cable
Old 27-12-2015, 07:15 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Are you doing poos?
Old 27-12-2015, 07:20 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Now im suddenly interested....
Now you're getting it
Old 27-12-2015, 07:26 AM
Blue Lip

If space is an issue a simple homemade garrotte though messy will do the same job.

If i search for video of pumas in the wild am i likely to find the same ellusive non existant images/footage through out the rest of the world? Or is it only the Aussie pumas that are so camera shy?
Old 27-12-2015, 07:44 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
If space is an issue a simple homemade garrotte though messy will do the same job.

If i search for video of pumas in the wild am i likely to find the same ellusive non existant images/footage through out the rest of the world? Or is it only the Aussie pumas that are so camera shy?
The ones that werent turned into yabbie bait by my mates might still be out there.

You seem to be under the impression that when someone shoots a cat, they tape it and they run straight to the media with HD quality footage.

I dont know your back ground but some of the things you type, suggest you havent spent alot of consecutive nights in the bush hunting big things.

Just coz you havent seen them on youtube or one didnt stroll by your couch and interupt the "Kardashians" - doesnt mean they arent out there
Old 27-12-2015, 08:01 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post
The ones that werent turned into yabbie bait by my mates might still be out there.

You seem to be under the impression that when someone shoots a cat, they tape it and they run straight to the media with HD quality footage.

I dont know your back ground but some of the things you type, suggest you havent spent alot of consecutive nights in the bush hunting big things.

Just coz you havent seen them on youtube or one didnt stroll by your couch and interupt the "Kardashians" - doesnt mean they arent out there
Larry, your better than that. While i hardly feel compelled to share a bio of my bush credentials I'm more than comfortable knowing im in no way naive. I just choose critical thinking ahead of folksy assumptions. There, i did it too...
Old 27-12-2015, 08:52 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Yeah - when a man takes a deer dump after a week of no fruit - sometimes he needs a knife to cut the cable
Hahaha this has to be the comment of the year !!! LOL
Old 27-12-2015, 02:35 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Larry, your better than that. While i hardly feel compelled to share a bio of my bush credentials I'm more than comfortable knowing im in no way naive. I just choose critical thinking ahead of folksy assumptions. There, i did it too...
Thats what I'd say if I hadnt spent alot of time in the bush

I'm messing with you because earlier in this thread, you were a bit mean to the guys who saw something - if I hadnt seen something while camping, I'd probably be typing the same thing as you are.
Old 27-12-2015, 06:58 PM
Blue Lip

You too? I should have known.
Old 27-12-2015, 07:30 PM
Blue Lip

The mind can conjure up incredible things if you've had a few brewski's or whatever. I've
seen what i thought were UFO's but after a good nights sleep and some soul searching i've dismissed them figments of my imagination.......sometimes its better that way.
cheers nereus
Surface 39cm and work in progress
H/B mully 83cm and not so bitter
S/P mully 85cm on 4lb FC
Old 27-12-2015, 10:51 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
guys who saw something
Emphasis on something.
Old 28-12-2015, 02:17 AM
Mature Bream

There's something out there I reckon. The most logical possibility is that after hundreds and hundreds of generations in the bush, competing with bigger predators like dingos and the fact the most plentiful prey items in the bush are larger animals like Roos and wallabies, feral cats (felis catus), have grown much much larger than what was thought possible. Like growing up to around the 60-70kg mark. I've seen (in both photos and in person) marks left on cattle that were not teeth marks, or the marks of blunt dog claws. They were long, deep scars and lacerations, caused by sharp claws. The claw marks were about the width of a spread out human hand. Now it's no secret that quite a number of large exotic cats have escaped into the bush over the years, it it well documented, including in several police reports. If those escaped big cats bred with already quite large feral cats, then the resulting offspring would have hybrid vigor, ending up bigger, stronger, and generally smarter and more aggressive than the parents. I honestly think that that is a perfectly sound (and highly likely) explaination for all this evidence of big cats.
Old 28-12-2015, 03:11 AM
Mature Bream

From a mate
farqtwo↓
Re: Australian big cats
Mon 28 Dec, 2015 1:08 pm
Mate its true ...seen them with my own eyes in the Victorian Desert and High on the Nullarbor Plains where the calcrete meets the continental dune fields

First encounter I was on Traverse 6 and some 70km south of the Barton Range , it had been a hard push on the 732 Liebherr and I wasn't looking forward to walking the 70km back out so I decided to cross country by picking up on an old BHP Traverse which was some 40km to the North West of my position ..... Without a GPS i started walking the Dozer cross country

I was some 20km in and the country opened up into clays pans and crab holes that could easily swallow the tracks of the Liebherr if you not careful ..... i was picking my way through trying to dodge the worst of the crab holes and a black mass caught my eye some 50m or so in front .

I stopped the machine and peeled my eyes forward and there it was ' a very large black cat leaping across the crab holes .... it was leaping in a way just like a cat would leap a bird or lizard ... like a pounce

The appearance was very brief ' i pushed up with the dozer looking for it but never saw it again .... i couldn't even find a single footprint

I eventually made it across the country with the dozer ' never saw another in that area but i did come across some tracks some 1000km further north
Old 28-12-2015, 03:12 AM
Mature Bream

Some 1000km further north in the Victorian Desert i was out inspecting the drill lines making sure the lads had rehabilitated the drill holes .

I was right down in the south of the tenement some 100ks from camp and after checking all was well i decided to add some reconnaissance work to the days long schedule.... it was a perfect time to look for water as it was late evening ' this is a good time to hear for birds flying to water or to look for camels walking to water

I was sitting out of this big dune and i noticed half was down a dead camel ' i walk down to check it out as you can get a good indication on what animals are around ........ dingo ' pussy cats and a set of tracks that put the fear of God right up me ... big cat tracks bigger than any large dingo or hybrid

Never been back there but hey 1000km south i saw a big black cat so that was enough for me

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: