Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > WA Bream Classics

Old 15-09-2015, 10:12 PM
Administrator

WA Bream Classic Series 2015 Questionaire

If you have fished a Classic Series comp, either boat and or Yak we would love some feedback, please find the survey below, if you have any feedback for us on how to make the comps better into the future please take the time to answer the 10 questions.

Thanks for being a part of the 2015 Bream Classic Series.

Bring on the Grand Finals and 2016.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CY8KM8K
Old 15-09-2015, 10:27 PM
Mature Bream

Done and I wasn't even grumpy :-)
Old 15-09-2015, 11:49 PM
Administrator

Thanks Tony, the more responses the better. Interesting feedback so far.
Old 16-09-2015, 02:05 AM
Big Bream

Good idea Ian, hopefully will be a positive result, personally think if it isn't,t broke don,t fix it, just keep on doing what you are doing, cheers.
Old 16-09-2015, 02:31 AM
Administrator

Unfortunately John, I know what I like but hope not to presume it is what everyone else likes, these events are for the breaming community so we figured to make them better we will have to see what we are doing well and what people would like to change.

Unfortunately we cannot make more rivers to fish but we can hopefully fine tune the events to make a better series.
Old 16-09-2015, 03:39 AM
Blue Lip

A classic on the Blackwood...Anything besides Perth!
Old 16-09-2015, 04:41 AM
Poddy Bream

Yep my vote is for more blackwood rounds also
Old 27-05-2016, 08:24 AM
Mature Bream

Firstly,I must say Ian, Nick and Richo do an excellent job running the classics.
I am writing this to initiate debate on the current boating classic comps ( WA ) and what was the general consensus of the survey?Some feedback would be great. It would be certainly disappointing if these comps stopped due to low numbers.

When I did the survey I got excited that the previous years format might change and having a 2 day grand final down the Blackwood was great to see but still having the Mandurah, Perth, Perth and Mandurah format I feel is becoming stale.
Also the Mandurah start location although a great spot but couldn't be any further to the main fishing grounds which some can take 2 hours to get too.

The last Walpole classic round a few years ago drew 37 entrants and the previous year at Albany drew 34 entrants, not to sure why these stopped.
I found these Classics the most enjoyable and sociable comps on the calendar and I am surprised the support is not there if that was the outcome of this survey.

Certainly enjoyed the ABT format but costs and maybe location killed attendances. Be great to see WA have it's own series.

It would be interesting to here from other WA comp anglers if costs, WA recession or any other factors that are reducing numbers and people who are keen to fish 2 day comps down south. Another the calendar of events seem strung out to long over the year for 4 events plus final.

Just throwing things out there like a summer series a WA style ABT series and a cheaper entry fee to cover organisers costs with a optional pro fee like the ABT for people chasing the prize money.

Anyway I can't the fish the next classic due to being in Melbourne but I will keep supporting these events whatever happens.

Cheers,
Nigel
Old 27-05-2016, 08:48 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stik View Post
Firstly,I must say Ian, Nick and Richo do an excellent job running the classics.
I am writing this to initiate debate on the current boating classic comps ( WA ) and what was the general consensus of the survey?Some feedback would be great. It would be certainly disappointing if these comps stopped due to low numbers.

When I did the survey I got excited that the previous years format might change and having a 2 day grand final down the Blackwood was great to see but still having the Mandurah, Perth, Perth and Mandurah format I feel is becoming stale.
Also the Mandurah start location although a great spot but couldn't be any further to the main fishing grounds which some can take 2 hours to get too.

The last Walpole classic round a few years ago drew 37 entrants and the previous year at Albany drew 34 entrants, not to sure why these stopped.
I found these Classics the most enjoyable and sociable comps on the calendar and I am surprised the support is not there if that was the outcome of this survey.

Certainly enjoyed the ABT format but costs and maybe location killed attendances. Be great to see WA have it's own series.

It would be interesting to here from other WA comp anglers if costs, WA recession or any other factors that are reducing numbers and people who are keen to fish 2 day comps down south. Another the calendar of events seem strung out to long over the year for 4 events plus final.

Just throwing things out there like a summer series a WA style ABT series and a cheaper entry fee to cover organisers costs with a optional pro fee like the ABT for people chasing the prize money.

Anyway I can't the fish the next classic due to being in Melbourne but I will keep supporting these events whatever happens.

Cheers,
Nigel
Distance is a big issue personally but that's just one person out of a large field.
Would be good to have Atleast one southern round classics. Making a 6 hour round trip to prefish as well as a 6 hour round trip to Perth to fish the comps seems abit pointless. When half the field is able to fish it on a weekly basis, makes me feel handicapped.
Main reason I fish comps is to catch up with mates, one day comps have a few short hours to say gday and spin some light yarns. Two day comps are more social and the social atmosphere makes it more enjoyable.
Old 27-05-2016, 08:21 PM
Big Bream

Very interesting topic.
Old 27-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Poddy Bream

This is a very interesting question as we all tick in different ways but most of us like the completion and social side of the comp
I really look forward to the 2 day events (exclude Perth) and the social side that this brings
Especially after day1 (campfire or bar banter)
Possibly 3 X 2 day events plus a 2 day GF (again exclude Perth)
(Although maybe not for everyone as the last 2x 2day events for WA Tournament Anglers struggled to get numbers ? )
Have the option to enter as a single entrant (fish alone) and to Pro Up to increase the excitement and prize $
Mandurah events to start from the Murray
For out of towners the one day events involve a lot of travel and preparation especially. If you include a prefishing eg last Mandurah Classic up 3am home 7pm (12hrs) plus additional 2hrs ea way from the start to fishing spot so a total of 16hrs for 3 hrs fishing time
I am in no way criticising Wa Classics
Just my feedback on the subject
Tight lines
Old 27-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Big Bream

the thing I find interesting is that the survey results seemed to say no to the two day "down South" comps, yet the numbers in the local (Perth/Mandurah) comps are on the decline, are all of those that said no still competing locally ?? It would be interesting to know how many surveys were completed. After all the organisers can only act on these results.
Old 28-05-2016, 12:46 AM
Blue Lip

Problem with 2 day comps is day 2 very rarely fishes as good as day 1.
Why not have a 2 day comp where day 1 is fished on Murray and Day 2 on the Swan.

Just an idea

Australian Designed and Owned
Old 28-05-2016, 07:05 AM
Blue Lip

I am not sure why everyone has such an issue with the town launch in Mandurah ?
It's the best location to have 30+ boats from. Pretty sure I've the last few years there has been plenty of big fish as well as placing and wins from town.

It is not feasible to have it on the river unless you capped they entries.

Personally I love the two day comps on the south coast even if it is tougher to get fish on day two it's well worth the effort!!

I would also like to see more abt style event Be happy to see it on swan or Mandurah

Look at the numbers of the Wata rounds 18-30 boats with the last one in Albany only 13

I think the real problem with the lack of numbers is the crowd that have been around for years are sort of dropping off or not fishing every event and the young guys who have yaks just don't have boats or The ability to barrow one and step up in to the boat fields

pb 47cm placcies Murray River
pb 44cm hards Murray River
Old 28-05-2016, 09:22 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Osborne View Post
the thing I find interesting is that the survey results seemed to say no to the two day "down South" comps, yet the numbers in the local (Perth/Mandurah) comps are on the decline, are all of those that said no still competing locally ?? It would be interesting to know how many surveys were completed. After all the organisers can only act on these results.
Maybe the best survey is to hold a classic round down South.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: