Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 19-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Blue Lip

Thumbs down BUYER BEWARE - ebay seller

careful with this one "jay762". not a biggie but bought & paid for item (for bargain) and the next day, THEY refunded and cancelled my order

reason was:

i) don't post to australia (when i had bought something small before from them and had received it) - so reason is bull5hit

ii) no stock - so i asked if other items sized model was available and of course did a screen print before i asked and mysteriously those listings went missing part way through our email convo - more bull5hit

no big deal, at least they gave me my cash back. i just think they sold it too cheap and didn't want to lose money on the sale. compounded their reasoning with lies, lies and more lies and removal of listing etc.

seller has many sales only 1% negative out of thousands of sales so i took the punt.

buyer beware.

Last edited by tuan; 20-12-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old 19-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Mature Bream

what did you purchase ?
Old 19-12-2013, 10:36 PM
Blue Lip

a daiwa reel .. it was buy it now and not an auction

all good, just gotta keep lookin
Old 20-12-2013, 01:43 AM
Big Bream

for those into the camping/4x4 there is what must be a big organised gang on there that seem to have new accounts every week with 0 feedback, always listing 10+ units of things like Redarc BCDC2040, Ctek DCtoDC chargers, pure sine inverters etc for basically $100 cheaper than the cheapest you can find on there.... ive seen up to 8 of these kind of items bought in a matter of hours...

once everyone has paid for a 24hr period they then cancel account, transfer moneys and then close all accounts (off shore redirection numbers and paypal)

by the time you can lodge a formal complaint, nothing can be traced and that then gives them the change to open new accounts in 5 days time.

be aware of this because im sure it would be or will start happening in the fishing market. paypal is a bull DohDohDohDoh scam in itself.

I got scammed when I was dabbling in the diamond trade... sold a few diamonds to an indian couple on the bay, they payed via paypal. Reversed the money somehow without me knowing and paypal wouldn't do DohDohDohDoh about it. if its that easy to reverse payments what is everyone paying excessive fees for with their claim of security.
Old 20-12-2013, 02:32 AM
Mature Bream

Had my first unpleasant dealing on eBay today. Received a reel that was not as described. The seller called it as new with no marks. It's got scratches and paint chips, not to mention bait crud or fish slime still on it. I've got two year old reels that look better.
He has 100% feedback for over 50 items, so thought it would be safe. Very happy i used PayPal. I contacted him straight away and hopefully we can work it out, otherwise it's name and shame time. I know he's on at least one forum selling gear.
Old 20-12-2013, 02:47 AM
Blue Lip

thats discraceful, hearing a bit of this lately
should be put through the ringer %$$#^%#$^$%
Old 20-12-2013, 03:09 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
Had my first unpleasant dealing on eBay today. Received a reel that was not as described. The seller called it as new with no marks. It's got scratches and paint chips, not to mention bait crud or fish slime still on it. I've got two year old reels that look better.
He has 100% feedback for over 50 items, so thought it would be safe. Very happy i used PayPal. I contacted him straight away and hopefully we can work it out, otherwise it's name and shame time. I know he's on at least one forum selling gear.
I have stopped buying second hand reels off of fleabay mainly because I bought a 6000 baitrunner oc and a livefibre rod for a price to good, it was a local sale so I picked it up, on his listing he stated used 2 twice in vgc, when I got home I noticed the anti-reverse was not working the roller bearing was ceased and corroded and when I took the spool off it had sand under and between the noocks and crannys so I took it back to him for a refund he tried to give me another one but I refused and got a refund, then that said to you cant expect to pay that much and get a reel in new condition, I said to him that he stated in the description used twice in vgc, since then I have been buying my reels brand new
Old 20-12-2013, 06:57 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
Have had similar experiences through a forum seller, however more severe... gotta be careful and have your bases covered that they're legit
Old 20-12-2013, 07:12 AM
Blue Lip

It was my understanding the security is for the purchase. Protecting bank details and the ability to reverse the transaction. We had many paypal and online credit card payments reversed from our franchise. It was up to us, the retailer to prove the transaction took place with the actual account holder which is almost impossible online so we stopped pushing on lines sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukereneeseth View Post
for those into the camping/4x4 there is what must be a big organised gang on there that seem to have new accounts every week with 0 feedback, always listing 10+ units of things like Redarc BCDC2040, Ctek DCtoDC chargers, pure sine inverters etc for basically $100 cheaper than the cheapest you can find on there.... ive seen up to 8 of these kind of items bought in a matter of hours...

once everyone has paid for a 24hr period they then cancel account, transfer moneys and then close all accounts (off shore redirection numbers and paypal)

by the time you can lodge a formal complaint, nothing can be traced and that then gives them the change to open new accounts in 5 days time.

be aware of this because im sure it would be or will start happening in the fishing market. paypal is a bull DohDohDohDoh scam in itself.

I got scammed when I was dabbling in the diamond trade... sold a few diamonds to an indian couple on the bay, they payed via paypal. Reversed the money somehow without me knowing and paypal wouldn't do DohDohDohDoh about it. if its that easy to reverse payments what is everyone paying excessive fees for with their claim of security.
Old 20-12-2013, 07:24 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowancreekdave View Post
Have had similar experiences through a forum seller, however more severe... gotta be careful and have your bases covered that they're legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishsniper View Post
I have stopped buying second hand reels off of fleabay mainly because I bought a 6000 baitrunner oc and a livefibre rod for a price to good, it was a local sale so I picked it up, on his listing he stated used 2 twice in vgc, when I got home I noticed the anti-reverse was not working the roller bearing was ceased and corroded and when I took the spool off it had sand under and between the noocks and crannys so I took it back to him for a refund he tried to give me another one but I refused and got a refund, then that said to you cant expect to pay that much and get a reel in new condition, I said to him that he stated in the description used twice in vgc, since then I have been buying my reels brand new
It's very disappointing when you get the reel and its not as expected. For my situation I'm just hoping the bloke gets back to me and refunds the money without a PayPal/eBay drama.
There's obviously a market for secondhand gear, so I can't see the need for people to write bs descriptions about their stuff.
Old 20-12-2013, 07:27 AM
Blue Lip

Ebay and second hand stuff can be pretty hit and miss. COD is best in those situations... If it's a pick up, of course.

I try my hardest not to buy second hand stuff off the bay only new