Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 29-07-2018, 01:29 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Decoy round snap strength test

Mark M sent a heap of stuff to test (Thanks Mark) - so heres the first installment

Decoy Round snaps in size 00, 0, 1 and 1.5. (Bonus test - Norman speed clip)

If you cant sit through the vid - the summary is - Decoys break very close to stated breaking strain

Old 01-08-2018, 01:17 AM
Mature Bream

Looking forward to watching it.
Ive never had a problem with them. I think that with any metal bending back and forth (opening and closing) could weaken them after a while.

I also try not to squeeze mine open and closed. I grab the leg with pliers and kind of push and pull it rather that swueeze both sides together if you know what i mean. Not sure it makes any difference bit makes me feel better.

Id be interested in results of strength testing after aay 50 or 100 times opening and xlosing to see if theres a difference?
Old 01-08-2018, 06:33 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by donga View Post
Looking forward to watching it.
Ive never had a problem with them. I think that with any metal bending back and forth (opening and closing) could weaken them after a while.

I also try not to squeeze mine open and closed. I grab the leg with pliers and kind of push and pull it rather that swueeze both sides together if you know what i mean. Not sure it makes any difference bit makes me feel better.

Id be interested in results of strength testing after aay 50 or 100 times opening and xlosing to see if theres a difference?
Yeah I hadnt really thought about metal fatigue.

When I'm fishing for pinks I can go through a couple of clips a session so its not an issue there - but there are some snag free lakes I fish for reddies where I've never been snagged - so the snaps I use in freshwater get opened and closed a heap

The ones tested in the vid were all fresh out of the packet

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: