Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Motors

Motors Get the low down on which outboards perform best…

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 19-06-2004, 12:21 AM
Big Bream

etec

im 99% sure tony thats wat it cost,i live in perth w.a,and that donk is on the latest full boar boat to hit town thats how i no, but im sure if dror is lookin at this post he can tell you exactly....... cheers

sponsored by the best hard bodys out there.
ZIPBAITS
www.zipbaits.com
Old 20-06-2004, 05:12 AM
Mature Bream

Jelly Beans and Muffs

Trouty, unless you are 80 and plan on doin the business in the boat the only muffs you need are to flush and the only beans you will need are used as snacks......mmm a 2 stroke that is quiet and clean.....now there is a novel idea.
Old 21-06-2004, 04:09 PM
Poddy Bream

Thumbs up E-TEC Subject

Here's to trouty budy.
grab the latest QFM and read the 9 page liftout
it is everything i said about the E-TEC's and more .
for all your smarts and enviromental aspects these engines beat the 4's hands down.

Cheers Cloud 9
Old 22-06-2004, 07:30 AM
Poddy Bream

Cloud 9, now come on, to make a statement that etec propogander determines that they beat 4's hands down is actually a very silly statement.

I actually have a lot of respect for both the etec and 4 strokes of which the latter I currently own. There are some practical differences that make one better then the other depending on the intended use.

I think your statement has been baited by Trouty and if you really think about it, its out of perspective.

Cheers and hey no hard feelings! In my opinion we are all a great bunch of fishos that simply have differing points of view.

Ajax....
Old 22-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Poddy Bream

Talking E-TEC

Gaday ajax.

i'm not making silly statements just reading the brouchure with all the stats they compeared e-tec's to yamy's mercs and suzy's 4's and performance was better . fuel was better right across the board accept for at WOT and even then there was only fanny hair between them. read the info your self there is 9 page lift out in most boating and fishing mags this month, in australia and NZ.

i am probably biased but have directly compeared 90hp merc 2's that i have to 90E-TEC and the E-TEC craps on my merc for speed fuel econ and smokelessness. i get 2 to 2.2 klm's per litre fuel the E-TEC gets just over 3 Klm per litre.
speed - my 4.8 Galeforce get 42 kts
E-TEC on 5.5 Galeforce gets 45kts
and that was when the E-TEC was brand new, it gets slitly better now. 4's don't even come close.

but trouty and i given it to each other since i became a member.
2 different opinions clashing head on.

Cheers Cloud 9
Old 24-06-2004, 02:31 AM
Poddy Bream

Cloud9, didnt mean to be so flippent, my comment is based on the fact that there is not a lot in it and so much so that depending on actual use both 4 and 2 stroke could be seen as the better one to decide upon.

Media reports are always biased in one form or another and the mere fact that they depend on either sponsorship, advertisement or direct marketing contracts for survival will always see some element of skewing regardless of how innocent it may have been intended.

I originally had no idea on the worthyness of a 4 stroke but now realise that like cars of today, it is a personal choice rather than a reliability or performance choice as both are bloody good in their own right, especially these days just that in some circumstances of use one will shine over the other.

Hows the fishing going lately?

Cheers
Ajax
Old 16-07-2004, 08:16 PM
Poddy Bream

Red face to AJAX

fishing been a bit slow cant tow the big boat so bass fishing a bit with the tinny at sommerset dam. been breamin couple times for a few on rubbers.can't wait for new ute to tow big boat, be here soon
with reguard to e-tec can get 75 for $10700 from Gold coast dealer, through boat builder.
Cheres Cloud 9