Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > VIC Scene

Old 06-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Poddy Bream

Lakes Entrance/Lake Tyers

Hi all,

Thought to place a report on my long weekend in the area.

Very average results.....

Tambo - Plenty of small bream on beach worms but very little action on lures incl. softies and HBs.

Lake Tyers - Very quiet again with the locals saying it has been that way for a while now!! A few flatties around but just on size!

Weather was great, water temp was great....I don't get it!!!!

Oh well, will just have to keep trying hey.....
Old 07-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Blue Lip

found the same at tyers mate, i thought the conditions were perfect water probably a little clear, light leader definantly got more hits, being hot and overcast with a little wind i was thinking we would be on, not to be, over three days we boated a handfull of fish and dropped a hell of a lot more, they were extremely finicky, however they werent holding deep as you could see them all in the snags and we were sight casting to them yet they werent interested, was tough, but the rivers seemed to be producing a lot better quantites of fish willing to play the game...

¸.·´``·..¸><||||(º>
¸.·´``·.¸.·´``·..¸><||||(º< ~>--------------
Old 07-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Big Bream

the same mate for mcloughlins - manns. we caught salmon, tailor & 1 flattie & the boats offshore over the weekend had poor results. a lot of boats coming in with nothing caught. the only excitement was the guys who tipped their tub over at mcloughlins entrance, left it & did a runner only to be chased down by the police.

couldn't raise a bream or perch & only 1 flattie was weird for the hours put in, at least it gave me some good time on the water to play with my new HDS5
Old 07-11-2012, 03:54 AM
Banned

There is a DohDohDohDohe load of fish at Tyers, stcked up in a big way and on the banks but they are tough at the moment, it has been hammered for a long time now all through winter which is very unusual for tyers. Blocked of again super clear conditions. Low light in generally the key I fished it over a week agao and we only pulled 3 Bream for the day, very tough indeed.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:26 AM
Big Bream

The thing I find most intriguing re Tyers is that the fish are in feeding positions but they aren't interested, not only that I have had multiple fish spook at the first sight of the lure.
If they were feeding but not hitting the lure I could handle that, it would mean that maybe a change of lure or technique could be the key but the way they were spooking has me stumped ??
I have tried ultra long leaders, 3lb Fluor straight through, small hards, small plackies and still the same result. There must be a way to crack the nut but I haven't been able to find it yet ??
Old 16-11-2012, 03:18 AM
Mature Bream

redrocket, the funny thing is that you cant catch them on long 3lb leaders but i have caught them there on 1/2 ounce blades in 1.5m of water with 12lb leader!
Old 17-11-2012, 03:22 AM
Mature Bream

Spent Wednesday, Thursday and Friday fishing Lake Tyres around Mill Pointr, Burnt Bridge and Crystal Bay areas. Fishing was very tough for Flatties with a total of three takers of 45cm. The big suprise was Thursday morning catching 3 Bream around 45cm on a minnow.
Thursday afternoon the fish shut down and 4 hours fishing Friday afternoon for a number of small Flatties. What i did notice was the weed beds have gone due to the flooding rains.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: