Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members If you have just registered, pop in here to meet the gang.

Old 25-11-2009, 09:26 PM
poko81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breamingwithjoy View Post
Yeah I hit the docks a fair bit, so you are spot on with that assessment I mainly try and fish the pylons vertically and pull most of my fish there. When the water level is lower you can get down onto the floating pontoons on the Southern side and flick in under the structure. Often will produce some good fish.

Other than that occasionally I will cast out a vibe 30m or so and work the bottom to see it there is anything there. As you can see they are plent of LB options but if you got your Yak in there you would have the advantage of accessing many areas that LB guys can't get to.

Looking at getting a Yak myself at some stage and have plenty of areas around the docks that I would love to try out. If the conditions are right there are 3 or 4 nice manmade fishy teepees just under the Bolte that you could certainly sneek up on and fish

Hope to see you out there soon.
For sure, mate. I am going to have a look at the Docks very soon. Have fished the marina over on Lorimer st from my boat and seen good fish in there. Vic Harbour etc I am yet to explore.

If you are looking at buying a Yak, I am more than happy to show you mine and go over my assessment of its strengths and weaknesses (as I mentioned to crayfish)...
Old 25-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Mature Bream

Welcome Poko, its funny seeing a South's supporter in Victoria.
Old 25-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Blue Lip

Welcome aboard mate, most lure breamin fishos would be from this forum and havent found an unfriendly one yet. Best of luck with taming Vic Bream, plenty to catch, connecting is a different story. esp in the docks.
Old 26-11-2009, 12:18 AM
poko81

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidders View Post
Welcome Poko, its funny seeing a South's supporter in Victoria.
Thanks mate...nah I'm a Storm supporter all the way. But do have a soft spot for the Rabbits!
Old 26-11-2009, 12:19 AM
poko81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscateur View Post
Welcome aboard mate, most lure breamin fishos would be from this forum and havent found an unfriendly one yet. Best of luck with taming Vic Bream, plenty to catch, connecting is a different story. esp in the docks.
Thanks Piscateur...look forward to seeing you out on the water, mate. Great sport and yep, there's plenty of fish there to catch, but I'm willing to bet our Melb bream would be up there with the toughest sport fish to catch in all of Australia...makes it satisfying to get onto them, frustrating when you don't