Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Reels

Reels Who’s using what, find out in here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 20-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Bass View Post
I am refering to the initial comment, I will respond to a persoanl shot

You have a personal shot at me I will not ignore it
In all honesty, I ment no disrespect from my first post as it was only an opinion.

Wasn't till your ignorant reply back, that I through a " personal shot".

I'm not here to argue bud, calm down and you'll pull through champ.

Cheers.
Old 20-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Mature Bream

I quite like the look of it and reckon it will look even better in the flesh like the exist, though I'd prefer to buy another exist from Japan for the same price.

Cheers,
Al
Old 20-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Thats the $$$ mark where you get a reel that doesnt really get much play and is not too expensive. For practicallity without the massive bling factor I would say that the perfect choice in reel.

6 will see you through the day without many lure changes. I start to get too much mess when I run 8 on the deck. If you see me at a comp come over and say hello. Wouldnt mind having a look at your new set up.

Cheers
Chris
I meant to hit 6 , fat thumbs and iPhones don't match!! Ha ha

From digitaka certates are now well under the $450 mark delivered.. IMO they are a superb reel for the $$$, match them in different sizes to different Samuri reactions and you have a killer combo with out stepping over the $800 mark.

Mate also if you see me do the same. Any one for that matter come say hi ha ha
Old 20-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobymcclure View Post
I meant to hit 6 , fat thumbs and iPhones don't match!! Ha ha

From digitaka certates are now well under the $450 mark delivered.. IMO they are a superb reel for the $$$, match them in different sizes to different Samuri reactions and you have a killer combo with out stepping over the $800 mark.

Mate also if you see me do the same. Any one for that matter come say hi ha ha
most are $406 finnesse models are $415 i think
Old 20-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Mature Bream

Old 20-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Blue Lip

2nd line .. Well under the 450 mark...

Once they open up I'll be grabbing a couple more certates... Looking forward to it
Old 20-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Poddy Bream

Old 20-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheers View Post
LOL

Follow my fishing travels on Facebook
Old 20-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Mature Bream

Nice
Old 21-06-2012, 02:05 AM
Mature Bream

Ugly and cheap looking the silver coated plastic makes it look like it belongs in the 29.99 DohDohDoh bargain bin.

I'm a Daiwa fan and own a few Certates, an Alphas R and a Zillion but like a few of my friends I'm increasingly seeing the understated classiness and solid build quality of Shimano's reels Vs Daiwas ever increasing push towards lightness and outright performance over structural integrity.

Anyone who's dared to open up their reels and look inside will see Shimano's preference for solid metal, bearings over bushings in key areas and in my opinion the far superior worm drive oscillation system in their spinning reels Vs the plastic cog driven system Daiwa seems to still be using (haven't looked inside the new mag sealed versions to confirm this).

Reason for this rant is I can't justify the thought of paying $800-1000 for a reel that just doesn't feel like it can take some punishment whether or not it actually can.
Old 21-06-2012, 02:54 AM
Blue Lip

This would have to be the biggest single circle-jerk I have seen on BM since, well the Exist thread.

I buy the best reels I can afford, sometimes that means buying very expensive reels. Sometimes that means buying some pretty middle of the road stuff to get me by until I can upgrade.

When it comes to "the best reel" I can afford looks play a part but only after function. If these reels turn out to be better than their predecessors then I will probably end up buying one or two when I can afford them.

Bobby you are certainly getting a lot of interest here but only because of what you have said. No-one is singling you out, out of no-where. Out of interest are you a duff rods pro-staffer?
If they're on, I'll be late, if it's quiet, I'll be late."
Old 21-06-2012, 04:47 AM
Blue Lip

I get a bit defensive at times I have a bit of a temper, in the past now anway. You can always PM me if you want to asks questions off the topic, I dont mind answering questions. I am not on SD's books, just a big fan of his rods.

I think the whole light weight deal is strarting to get a bit much, I want a reel that has a little bit of weight to it. Feels good in the hand and matches most rods well. The zion material they use to cut down on weight looks really poor painted, I dont see the need for it in a high end reel, looks cheap.

Cheers
Chris

Yes I want a hamburger!!! god!!!

Last edited by Bobby Bass; 21-06-2012 at 05:02 AM.
Old 21-06-2012, 06:08 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
I get a bit defensive at times I have a bit of a temper, in the past now anway. You can always PM me if you want to asks questions off the topic, I dont mind answering questions. I am not on SD's books, just a big fan of his rods.

I think the whole light weight deal is strarting to get a bit much, I want a reel that has a little bit of weight to it. Feels good in the hand and matches most rods well. The zion material they use to cut down on weight looks really poor painted, I dont see the need for it in a high end reel, looks cheap.

Cheers
Chris
just a quick question whats the main deifference between magnesium and zaion? is zaion better than magnesium? because for some reason i though magnesium was the best
Old 21-06-2012, 06:31 AM
Blue Lip

Zaion and ci4 are pretty ways of saying plastic, it's probably cheaper for the companies than magnesium, I believe that's the reason for its marketing as better than metals....
Yea bobby bass I've had the super light reels and have gone back to heavier metals good points there.
I'll be spitting chips if Stella's go that path.
Old 21-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislocke View Post
just a quick question whats the main deifference between magnesium and zaion? is zaion better than magnesium? because for some reason i though magnesium was the best
There's not really such thing as "better" It's horses for courses. Magnesium is lighter and stronger than aluminium, but falls apart like feta cheese if you put it in salt water. Zaion is as strong as magnesium, only more flexible less wear resisitant, but it does not corrode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt jorg View Post
Zaion and ci4 are pretty ways of saying plastic, it's probably cheaper for the companies than magnesium, I believe that's the reason for its marketing as better than metals....
Yea bobby bass I've had the super light reels and have gone back to heavier metals good points there.
I'll be spitting chips if Stella's go that path.
Riot shields and the windows of Armored Personnel Carriers are made from plastic.