Go Back   Bream Master Forums > FishPhart > Cameras and Accessories

Cameras and Accessories What Camera to Buy be it Big or Small and What to Get With it.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 14-11-2011, 03:38 AM
Big Bream

Tweedz i think when you compare the costs involved in getting a DSLR and then putting it into waterproof casings to a GoPro, 90% of people will be happy with what they get from a GoPro.
Old 14-11-2011, 04:11 AM
Mature Bream

Yeah I know, I know. I'm not comparing a gopro with 10 grands worth of SLR it's just............................maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut.

Go the gopro!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Poddy Bream

I run 3 Gopro Hero2's on my boat, 2 are the standard out of he box motor-sports ones and came with more than enough mounting gear to cover my tub with mounts all over the place. I also bought a couple of bike mount kits so I can run them from one of the many rails that most boats come with. The third one is the outdoor pack that comes with all the mounting gear for a person, chest strap head strap and a helmet mount, this one got an after market housing that has a flat lens, a cyan UV filter and moisture absorbing gel to help prevent with lens fogging. I use the third one exclusively for underwater shots and the footage is as clear as the footage I get from my Canon EOS550D in an under water housing, There is slight amount of vignetting which can be cut out later but it really is minimal. I have almost compiled 7 hours of raw footage with these cams and the only complaint is battery life. I have since ordered a couple of spare batteries also. I still use the DSLR for video on board the boat but it is placed on a secure mount while we are not underway and is used for both video and sound, when we get moving again the DSLR gets packed away till I stop again. So when editing I use the sound from the Cannon and the video of all 4 cameras as they record at the same time. One thing to look out for with the new Hero 2 is the soon to be available wi fi remote control, for fishing when you have your hands full you can not put the fish on hold while you set your camera up so this bit of kit will be worth its weight in gold.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
One thing to look out for with the new Hero 2 is the soon to be available wi fi remote control, for fishing when you have your hands full you can not put the fish on hold while you set your camera up so this bit of kit will be worth its weight in gold.
Now that is a great idea.