Go Back   Bream Master Forums > FishPhart > Cameras and Accessories

Cameras and Accessories What Camera to Buy be it Big or Small and What to Get With it.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:01 AM
Mature Bream

I use a Nikon DSLR for my main camera but the Panasonic Lumix is sensational. Not only as a camera but the video footage is not too bad either.
Can't beat it for point and shoot waterproof, shockproof and will also take 100kg of weight on it! Must have in my books.
Only thing is I got to sneak it out the door as my wife keeps it by her side 24/7 for those impromptu kiddie pic moments.....
Old 12-05-2011, 07:06 AM
Mature Bream

Ive got the lumix its pretty awesome I mean im no pro but the under water shots are pretty good I had a huge whale shark around the boat,took a shot under water pulled it up to have a look thats when the camera captured the 30kg+ cobia underneath the whaleshark, I think it might actually negate the need for a side scan sounder.lol got it for $300 bucks
Old 20-05-2011, 06:38 AM
Big Bream

I have decided to go with the Lumix FT3. Found a Australian seller on ebay that has them for $400 delivered. Cheaper then most of the overseas sellers i have seen. Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.
Old 20-05-2011, 06:59 AM
Banned

That's a great deal, I bought my FT2 around 6 months ago from Hong Kong only to have it arrived faulty. Sent it back to have it replaced after 1 and a half months, was pretty gutted at the time, but it's a great camera! I could only imagine the upgraded version (FT3) would be better!

Todd
Old 20-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngfisherman View Post
I bought my FT2 around 6 months ago from Hong Kong only to have it arrived faulty. Sent it back to have it replaced after 1 and a half months, was pretty gutted at the time, but it's a great camera
Unfortunately thats just one of the risks you have to take when purchasing from overseas (or online in general). But glad to here you eventually got it back in working condition.
Quote:
I could only imagine the upgraded version (FT3) would be better!
Haha, yeah well thats what im thinking (hopeing)
Old 09-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Big Bream

Just got the camera today. Been taking some snaps of my lures to test it out. So far im very impressed

Last edited by Bream2nv; 24-10-2012 at 02:57 AM.