Go Back   Bream Master Forums > All Things Camping > Campers, Tents and More

Campers, Tents and More Brands, styles what do you want to make your home away from home?

Old 17-03-2016, 12:13 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella fella View Post
I use a Boab double dome swag I got from Bring Cash Fool when it was on sale. It's basically a tent/swag hybrid with a super comfy mattress and I rate it highly. I think it's worth saying that swags don't take up room, their mattresses do. I have taken the mattress out of mine before and the whole thing rolls up to be as small as any 2 man tent. You could easily stash your inflatable mattress and sleeping bad inside it and roll it up if you need the room. The thing I like about the swag VS a tent is that when I go camping in winter (which I prefer) and it's -10 outside the canvas is a much better insulator and basically turns the thing into an oven. Last time I used it out near Rocky Glen it got down to -5 and I had nothing but a blanket on me because my sleeping bag was too hot, and that was with the vets open.
Your on the money about the mattresses and bedding taking up all the room. Though, that's what I loved about the swag, roll it out and your done. I'll keep my old swag, don't think I'll ever get rid of it...To many good times with that swag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olistevo View Post
I was going to go down the path of a tent cot a while ago. I decided to borrow a mates for a few trips and was completely put off the idea. They heat up really easy which is a pain in summer and abit of a pain to sleep in when they arnt completely level.

Nothing because a swag in The back of the ute for me!
Just open up all the vents and leave the canvas off, that should do the trick in summer.

I like the idea of the Jet Tent Bunker XL, going by all reports I've read and from people who own one, they seem to handle really well when put up against the elements and staying dry while sleeping threw a cold, rainy, southern winter storm will be a real plus for me. Time will tell, but one thing is for sure, I'll certainly put it threw it's paces.

Last edited by sexton; 17-03-2016 at 12:22 AM.
Old 17-03-2016, 12:26 AM
Blue Lip

Just received an email from the place I ordered the bunker XL from...I placed the order and paid for it this morning and it's already been shipped and on it's way. How's that for service!
Feel like a kid before Christmas.
Old 17-03-2016, 12:30 AM
Blue Lip

Just moor ya boat onto one of the houseboat moorings and sleep on the deck ya sook!
Old 17-03-2016, 12:41 AM
Blue Lip

Haha, done it a couple of times. The boat doesn't have enough space to lay the swag down in comfort. My beers take up all the room.

Besides, you cant have a camp fire on the boat and dance naked around the camp fire.
Old 17-03-2016, 02:31 AM
Blue Lip

Two very valid arguments there... almost good enough to go to the camping shop to buy a tent cot... I do need a new swag.
Old 17-03-2016, 04:08 AM
Blue Lip

We should organise another trip away in the coming weeks I reckon.
Old 17-03-2016, 05:51 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexton View Post
To much of a hassle mate, takes to long to set up and personally ........
I can put mine up and take it back down again in under 2:40

Old 17-03-2016, 05:57 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post

Now do it again in the dark whilst inebriated
Old 17-03-2016, 06:02 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella fella View Post
Now do it again in the dark whilst inebriated
I'll leave that to the experts

Old 17-03-2016, 07:43 AM
Mature Bream

I have the XL Jet Bunker, I don't think you will be disappointed.

The only con (apart from price) that comes to mind, is the weight. They are a steel frame and quite heavy, but other than that, they are very diverse in that there are several options of how to have the fly set up so that you get plenty of airflow, or in a dry season environment, you don't need a fly at all. Alternatively, they also buckle up tight in nasty weather and are very dry inside. The fly can peg out at an angle so you can also fit a little bit of gear inside with you when the weather is a little off.
I use a thick '4WD' style self inflating mattress on mine for a few or more nights because I like to be super comfy, but if I am just doing an overnight or a weekend, I either just sleep straight on the stretcher or take a 3/4 size hiking style mat, just enough for hips and shoulders.
Back to the cost, a poor man often pays twice, and I have had no issue with the quality of mine yet (after about 18 months) to suggest that they are not worth the money.
Like I said earlier, I think the only improvement that could be made is using an alloy from to reduce weight.
I hope you enjoy.
Old 17-03-2016, 05:50 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhet View Post
I have the XL Jet Bunker, I don't think you will be disappointed.

The only con (apart from price) that comes to mind, is the weight. They are a steel frame and quite heavy, but other than that, they are very diverse in that there are several options of how to have the fly set up so that you get plenty of airflow, or in a dry season environment, you don't need a fly at all. Alternatively, they also buckle up tight in nasty weather and are very dry inside. The fly can peg out at an angle so you can also fit a little bit of gear inside with you when the weather is a little off.
I use a thick '4WD' style self inflating mattress on mine for a few or more nights because I like to be super comfy, but if I am just doing an overnight or a weekend, I either just sleep straight on the stretcher or take a 3/4 size hiking style mat, just enough for hips and shoulders.
Back to the cost, a poor man often pays twice, and I have had no issue with the quality of mine yet (after about 18 months) to suggest that they are not worth the money.
Like I said earlier, I think the only improvement that could be made is using an alloy from to reduce weight.
I hope you enjoy.
Thanks for the reply mate.
Looking forward to testing it out.
Old 17-03-2016, 05:55 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Quote:
I'll leave that to the experts
I love your work mate.
Old 19-03-2016, 12:11 AM
Blue Lip

I had 2 oz tent jet bunker XL that broke first use and one that wasn't level, got a refund and bought a camp rite tent cott much better quality and no problems at all.
Cotts are so much better than swags, more room, comfortable, heaps cooler in summer and perfect in winter.
Old 19-03-2016, 12:30 AM
Blue Lip

If you eat enough bacon you don't need these confounded contraptions, just smother yourself in bacon fat and sleep under the stars alah natural.
Retains heat,is a mozzie deterrent and you can lick it in your sleep after a night on the turps.
No thanks needed just common sense.
Old 19-03-2016, 02:09 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranha View Post
I had 2 oz tent jet bunker XL that broke first use and one that wasn't level
Any chance you could expand on this mate? As in what broke and how? Just so those of us that have them can be sure we don't have the same misfortune.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: