Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Lines

Lines Fireline vs the rest…who wins?

Old 22-09-2016, 02:05 AM
Blue Lip

daiwa TD Sensor 30-50lb opinions

I'm hoping there might be a couple of people here that have used both 30lb and 50lb in the above braid.
2 years back I used only 30lb and found it a nice round profile and it's a bit rough to touch because of the 8 ply weave.

This last cod season I upgraded to 50lb and although it's strength never let me down its a flatter profile and smooth and waxy to touch which makes the odd wind knot harder to undo and it does not cast as well as the 30.

I'm unsure if it's made using a different process to the 30lb or if the 30 is tournament line and the 50-80 isnt? All the reviews and sales speils write 50lb up as 8ply tournament the same as the 30lb line but I'm convinced the 30 is much better quality. Putting the lines side by side they are visually much different.

I'd like to keep using 50lb but not keen to order if it's going to be the same flat waxy line as the last one I bought.

Any feedback from those that have used both would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Wes

Last edited by Piranha; 22-09-2016 at 02:09 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:09 AM
Poddy Bream

TD sensor used to be top notch, then they shaved the price in half and it is pretty rubbish now. Must be using cheaper materials or processes because it's not half the quality it used to be.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: