Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Lines

Lines Fireline vs the rest…who wins?

Old 10-12-2016, 03:15 AM
Poddy Bream

Shimano Kairiki braid

Has anyone used this and could do a review type post, all I can gather is that's it's really thin. Probably too soon to know about its longevity but any information would be handy.
Old 30-12-2016, 09:49 PM
Blue Lip

Hey mate, looked at this braid yesterday...

Got some in the hands and started twisting and it started to come undone, like one of the carriers lifted. It came good when straightened in honesty.

In relation to diameter of the line itself, its very similar to J Braid, the stuff that I could put side by side it was negligible if your trying to split hairs by measuring .04mm difference.

While I like J Braids smoothness, ease of tying and overall even lay on the spool - I am lamenting the issues with water retention and spray over the rod, the reel seat (on baitcasters and line rollers on spin reels).

Within regards to water retention I am finding that the J Braid holds so much that my casts are at least 1/3 shorter than that of Fireline Exceed... I really have to push my casts to get anywhere, and it proper sucks!

The Shimano Kairiki braid says that its got a coating so the possibility that it may retain less water... Was so close to buying a spool however the specs are too close to J Braid to really dive into another spool of line when I have near 600m of J...

And watching the sponsored dribble about it on YouTube is just that...

Andrew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161218_175100.jpg (766.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20170102-205203.jpg (112.8 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Slazmo; 02-01-2017 at 07:06 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:14 PM
Poddy Bream

Mate
I did the same...needed to respool(which I hav'nt done for a while) had a look at both those braids and came to the same conclusion.....
I nearly purchased the J braid but after the water retention comments glad I did'nt.

so I just stuck with the good old sunline super pe

Last edited by madman; 03-02-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:15 PM
Blue Lip

Used a reel with J Braid on it that other night for the first time since responding it...

The water that dribbled off the baitcaster was fluorescent green, all over the Chronarch e series white reel and all over the boat also...

So pretty unhappy about how wet and how it bleeds uncontrollably... It'll slow down and stop for sure but God didn't a lot of colour bleed out that afternoon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: