18 Philip Cockshutt 1 0.290 0.000
19 Stuart McCarthy 1 0.265 0.000
20 Andy Mitchell 0 0.000 0.000
20 Brendan Susana 0 0.000 0.000
20 Paul Ferraro 0 0.000 0.000

Craig
Old 18-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Mature Bream

Congratulations to Szarn on the Grand Final win,to Stu for his pb which took out big bream of the day & to all the place getters...
A big well done to Shano who took out Angler of the Year honours.
Big thanks to Craig for organising such a fantastic series & of course Getaway Outdoors for there great support of the Classic series & the food & beverages..
I found it very tough going today,a day to forget some might say but I've enjoyed myself immensely fishing in competitions for the first time,met some top blokes & learnt heaps along the way...Bring on next year,cant wait.

Andy Mitchell
Hobie PA12
Old 18-08-2013, 09:01 AM
Blue Lip

Yes , a huge thanks to Craig and also the Getaway staff who put hot food on before AND after the comp.
Congrates to Shano for his yearly effort and also to Stu for that big bream.
He never stopped smiling the whole time.

I must give a huge thanks to Joe Franco who called around to find me a kayak to use.

Mick Richie doesnt usually lend his but because of Joes kind words about me it was agreed that i could use it.

Jaram roof rack systems fitted racks to my car at short notice and my boss paid the $585 bill as a work bonus.

So plenty of help came my way and the cash prize will be added to my yak fund which will see me in a new yak in 3 weeks.

The kayak series is growing nicely and with Getaway supporting it the series is sure to get better and better. You will never meet a more layed back bunch of people and supporters.
Old 18-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Mature Bream

Congrats Szarn on the win today and Shano for AOY.
Thanks to Craig and the Getaway Outdoor team for the great effort they put in to stage a very successful series of tournaments this year.

As Tinky said its a great friendly atmosphere with the guys always ready to lend a hand or offer advice .
Anybody wanting to give Bream comp fishing a try should give this series a go next year as its a great way to learn a heap about bream fishing.
See you all next year .
Brendon
Old 18-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Mature Bream

Well done to the place getters sure it was a good day overall.

Congrats to stu for big bream and congrats to shano for angler of the year.

I've been away for the last 2 comps but would like to thank Craig and getaway for all there hard work and for getaway on making the big trip down to the Blackwood for the ABT round.

I'm with Andy have had a awesome year meeting new people and fishing the comps.

Can't wait to next year.
Old 18-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Blue Lip

It was a great series put together with the 5 rounds and the Grand Final, the GF was one of the toughest tournaments i have been in, i peddled for many kms not getting a single bite on either side of the river, the tide was low ,no wind but the water was Brown and this might have given the fish cover to move about as Ian Sewell was saying he never caught a fish in the snags, a couple fish caught at a bridge made me look respectable in the end.

Well done Szarn for the win, Shano for kayak angler of the year and Stu May for biggest bream which he caught just in front of me near the start line,he is a Dark horse that we will have to watch out for in 2014

Good work also on Ian Sewells big bream of the series at 1.67 kg caught in the Murray in Round 3.

Great to see a lot of boat classic anglers doing kayak tournaments,,hopefully a few more will save their pennys and join us next year,with the Boats, Kayaks and a possible electric series in 2014 theres a lot of worse places in the world to live.

Good work Getaway Outdoors,Craig and other sponsors.

Looking forward to 2014.
Old 18-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Congrats to Szarn for the win on the day and congrats also to Shano for Angler of the Year for the Yaks... Props also to Mitch Vane for coming in a close second on Angler of the year points. Top effort.

Massive props to the series sponsors Getaway Outdoors. They have put in a massive effort for each series. Hot coffees in the mornings, bacon and eggs, hot dogs and drinks at the weigh ins. Not to mention a great many prizes, giveaways, cash and vouchers they supplied over the year.

Their efforts over the year have made the yak rounds all that much easier and enjoyable to be a part of.

Looking forward to next years series, and catching up with everyone again.

Ian Sewell
Old 18-08-2013, 09:56 PM
Mature Bream

Wot a great year! Last time I get u a yak szarn! I expect to see ya at getaway outdoors very soon to purchase your own hobie for next years comp series. Well done mate. Shano u were certainly the most consistent throughout the year and deserve the accolade of AOY.

Thanks getaway outdoors for sponsoring myself and the series its great to be a part of a company that gives so much back to the community in so many ways including this series.

A special mention goes to Craig for running and organising all the places we fish, prizes and posting results on various forums.

To rob from searing tackle for providing such great lures that have brought me success this year in the form of Damiki, pontoon 21 and fish arrow. He also donates various lures to the WA comp scene, every angler yesterday received a lure from pontoon 21 and other rounds Damiki plastics were given out.

Lastly well done to everyone who competes over the year, its been great meeting everyone and without u the comps wouldn't take off like they have. Here's to bigger and better things next year!!!
Old 19-08-2013, 02:02 AM
Blue Lip

Looked like a challenging day on the water!
Szarn demonstarting he hasnt lost any touch at all, well done mate you dark horse you..
congratulations to ian and mitch for the podium finishes, gotta be happy with that!!
How long was your PB stu? great stuff!

13 Fishing
Like us on Facebook for updates and pictures: http://www.facebook.com/13FishingAustralia?fref=ts
Old 19-08-2013, 05:20 AM
Big Bream

Well you tell me :P

Id like to take it as a 39cm but I think I will go for a 38cm.
Either way it still misses the big 40 mark, but still a very happy fisho.
(35cm for you easterners.... :P )

My first 1kg+ black bream.... hes a fat fella....

Untitled

Kayak PB's - Rainbow Trout 43cm - Bream 41cm - Flathead 55cm - Tailor 60+cm - Flounder 44cm - Sand Whiting 31cm - KGW 35cm - Mangrove Jack 33cm.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: