Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Lures > Hard Bodies

Hard Bodies Diving minnows are the name of the game here…
Attack, Halco, Oargee, Tilsan. Rebel…

Old 13-07-2020, 02:05 AM
Fingerling

Daiwa Double Clutch 95SP-G

Hi Fellas,

Was thinking of getting some double clutches so jumped online to do a bit of research. Turns out the more i dig, the more confuse I get.

1. Some 95SP comes with 3 trebles and some with just 2. That's what I saw in the online shops

2. Some packaging says " Pro's Double Clutch SP-G IZUMI and some simply sas Double Clutch SP-G.

Can someone shed some light on the differences - is it just a change of packaging ? Pretty sure 2 trebles vs 3 trebles is not a cosmetic issue..

Thanks
Old 13-07-2020, 02:54 AM
Big Bream

95 has three trebles, they'll be using pics of 75s for colour reference which only has two And yeah just change in packaging for the name
Old 13-07-2020, 05:12 PM
Mature Bream

All the 95s we have purchased have 3 trebles and have never seen them any other way. We remove the centre treble and upgrade the rings on the front and rear in an attempt to keep the balance correct. Great lure.
Old 16-07-2020, 01:50 AM
Fingerling

That's interesting. I inquired with an Ebay seller who confirmed his 95mm is a 2 hook lure.

Got the same reply when I call up one of my local Compleat Angler stores.
Old 16-07-2020, 08:58 PM
Blue Lip

^^^ Interesting. All the 95's that I have purchased both locally and overseas have come with 3 trebles ... and then I take the front one off. Regards, HBt.
Old 16-07-2020, 10:56 PM
Mature Bream

OK i stand corrected they do make Double clutches with 2 sets of trebles. Been some time since i purchased any 95 double clutches not because i don't like them but been lucky enough not to loose the ones i have.
Today i went to the local Anaconda store to safeguard my wallet while the other half looked at shoes and there on the wall were 2 different types of 95 Double Clutches the pro series with only 2 sets of trebles and they were cheaper than the lure with 3 sets of trebles.
The spacing of the trebles appear to drop out the middle treble. I did it for ballance adding weight with heavier hooks and leaving the ring on the middle point. This site is simply great for finding things out and i thank one of the newer members giant-marsheer to bringing this to my attention
Old 20-07-2020, 12:22 AM
Fingerling

I spoke to Daiwa last week and they confirm the new 2020 Double Clutch Series will be 2 treble hooks only.

I was in Anaconda over the weekend and what I saw was the 3 hooks models on display..in WA anyway.

Last edited by giant_marsheer; 20-07-2020 at 12:31 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: