Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Hulls

Hulls Come in here to find info on that next boat you buy…

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 06:11 AM
Blue Lip

Looking the goods there boss, keep those pics rolling. How is the ally welding treating you?
I was going to go the weld option, but decided to go HD rivets instead. So far she is holding up a treat.
Cheers Nick
Old 13-09-2008, 06:02 AM
Mature Bream

bloody welder

well i never did my welding but i recon i could have done a better job than the idiot who i payed largely to do it .Today we cut the ply and nothing was lining up then we found that nothing was square and out by 20mm and higher on one side than the other i was so angry but we soughted it eventualy
Old 13-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss View Post
well i never did my welding but i recon i could have done a better job than the idiot who i payed largely to do it .Today we cut the ply and nothing was lining up then we found that nothing was square and out by 20mm and higher on one side than the other i was so angry but we soughted it eventualy
All part of boat building.. i think.. When i installed the angle in my rig i found that the original structure wasnt square.The tiller seat installed by Stacer run out by 20mm from the ribs. So it is not parallel. I made sure with the deck and hatches, that i measured twice, cut once.
This made the subfloor challenging, but also makes you think

Dont know a bout the higher part though, may be worth paying the welder a visit, and see where his level is...Im sure it will all come together in the end
Old 19-09-2008, 01:57 AM
Blue Lip

Im with you there CC,

I used to be a chippy and every thing relied on being square and level, when you start working on boats nothing is square and nothing is level, when i did my boat i set up a level on the thwarts and adjusted the jockeywheel to get some sort of idea. but its a never ending maze, because if onething is out then it just leads to problems later on!

i still love doin it though as it is challenging and so rewarding! ill post some pics of my 385 jabiru...

I have done the decks but yet to finish the seats, goin to do the same as you CC and havent started the electrics, putting a 44lb bow mount snake on and a GPS sounder combo, stereo and a livewell...

the work you did was great CC you should be proud, looks like it would be great to fish from...

¸.·´``·..¸><||||(º>
¸.·´``·.¸.·´``·..¸><||||(º< ~>--------------
Old 19-09-2008, 04:09 AM
Blue Lip

Thanks Carra. Post a couple of pics up of your 385 Jabiru, even if its not finished. Its good seeing how others approach there works.

By the way i see your do a bit of estimation? Let me know if you need some competative pricing for any of your projects, namely electrical

Cheers Nick
Old 18-07-2012, 03:18 AM
Mature Bream

Sorry to dig up this old thread....did the rivets hold or were welds required?
Old 18-07-2012, 03:54 AM
Blue Lip

No worries there..

Yes the rivets held up, well and truely.. They were extremely heady duty Aluminium rivets, and i put them in i all the right places...

Just ensure you make your ally cuts spot on so that it all sits together tightly, therefore each piece supports and compensates for the other...