Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Reels

Reels Who’s using what, find out in here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscateur View Post

Nothing Unfortunate about that champ, Fishing is like that. Would never begrudge anyone from a fishing opinion as we constantly get thrown curve balls that blow our previous theories out the door. As I said earlier looks are subjective and I will reserve judgement until I see it in the flesh. Having said that looks would not be a decisive factor in my puchase (we are not comparing Pink Micras here). I like the magsealed roller bearing and the air rotor and the weight savings. But am reserved over the change in body material.
You provide plenty of good info and help on this site so keep it up, my comments were my opinion and absolutely no offence was intended.

No offence taken or should be taken here mate. I could have explained myself better, instead of being lazy and relying on other to fill in the gaps thanks G.
There are two areas to address here.

Firstly, and is exactly what G elaborated, I use a Parkinsons retrieve for alot of my HB and SP fishing. A rod with the weight distribution wrong fatigues your arm much quicker. Take any one of the rods mentioned in the paragraph below and compare it with a GLX SR 842-2, with or without reel, do the parkinsons shimmy ie try to move the rod tip back and forth about 4 quickly until your arm tires. You will find you tire way quicker using any of the others and you probably tire the quickest with the lightest rod there.
There are other factors in play here as well but that's another essay all to do with slow/fast action.

Secondly try this at home, Hopefully you have one of these at your disposal Kirasame, Battler Limited Devel, Nitro 1-3kg 7 foot, all tip heavy rods. now put any high end finesse reel on them and hold it where you normally hold the rod. You will still find it tip heavy it may balance out with a 280-300 grm reel but that takes away the finess feel. I do understand the laws of physics (at an extremely basic level), but all I was trying to say albeit in as little words as possible was that, the position of the reel makes the differences of "finesse" reels weights, less influential in the balance of the outfit. A balanced outfit is not the be all and end all as most of the fishing I do is with the rod tip pointing down anyways.
This is not to say these rods are no good, I have the Devel and the nitro and believe they are awesome rods for various applications, Just didn't go the kirasame as it was too expensive. (Devel was bought second hand)

Agreed

Thanks G man, Exactly what I was saying but in a more eloquent, succint and comprehensible delivery.

Again the above is just my opinion based on my experiences. It does not diminish any other opposing opinion. Just an opinion that I choose to share be it right or wrong. You never learn anything from being right all the time. I'm on here for the learning.

Geez that took a while, RSI on both index fingers now thanks.
Pussy! Should have just said they were all wrong and stuck your fingers in your ears and said "nah nah nah nah not listening not listening nah nah nah nah!"

You really need to mature.
If they're on, I'll be late, if it's quiet, I'll be late."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: