Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Lures > Soft Plastics

Soft Plastics Nothing but jubes in here…
Ecogear, Sliders, Atomic, Gene Larew, Bream Master...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 18-09-2011, 12:56 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigdog View Post
Cheers for that Feedback info Forster
I funny how a day can change things,
Forster is a Temprimental place at times.

Yeah the will work out dear if you are using one
per fish ...

Eco will sort something out im sure

Forster is a b!tch of a place at times.....

www.crankalures.com
Old 18-09-2011, 02:08 AM
Poddy Bream

I tried the new bream prawns today and they work really well. I tried other plastics but didn't get a touch. Used an aussie prawn cast at a boat and got a 26 to the fork and a king prawn skip cast in between a boat and pontoon and a 28 to the fork. Definitely be getting some more in salt and pepper and river. I fished the start of the run in and went down to 2lb fc straight through to get the bites. As everyone has said, good tournament plastics when tough.
Old 18-09-2011, 02:51 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngfisherman View Post
If they're like bait why didn't I get a touch!
Todd
Same here, I thought they would have had the marina bream eating a lure. But I was wrong. I had no trouble of them slipping because I used TT HWS 1/20. I like everything else about it but the price, but its disapointing to me that it doesn't catch bream for me and yes I tried dead sticking, lift hops everything. Any way just my opinion and yes I will be going back to gulps.
Old 18-09-2011, 08:19 AM
Blue Lip

I used them today and was really impressed. Caught 9 fish all 30-35 forkers.

The majority of the time they ate it on the way down. Casting into the snags or rockwalls and they would eat it before I could get the first hop of the bottom. They have a nice action when sinking, sort of a S shape swerve and you can twitch it like that also. No problems with jigheads at all. I was using 1/20th and 1/24 Nitros and TT's. 2 fish did tear them up a bit but didn't have many problems catching more than 1 fish with the same plastic.

Will post a full report tomorrow!
Old 18-09-2011, 08:33 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisho fanatic3 View Post
Same here, I thought they would have had the marina bream eating a lure. But I was wrong. I had no trouble of them slipping because I used TT HWS 1/20. I like everything else about it but the price, but its disapointing to me that it doesn't catch bream for me and yes I tried dead sticking, lift hops everything. Any way just my opinion and yes I will be going back to gulps.
Mm, I see. I wouldn't completely push them aside judging from one session. Can't always expect to get em mate, regardless of the lure. I've had placcy's/HB's that get a bunch of fish in a session, & on other days not even get a touch.
Old 18-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
Mm, I see. I wouldn't completely push them aside judging from one session. Can't always expect to get em mate, regardless of the lure. I've had placcy's/HB's that get a bunch of fish in a session, & on other days not even get a touch.
+1 Mate thats just Bream fishing, you could be fishing one stretch of water and the Bream don't want to touch a thing or get spooked every cast, then move 100 metres away to find Bream that will eat everthing you chuck at them.

Takes persistance mate, don't discount them after 1 sesh.
Old 18-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Blue Lip

I agree there too

I think a few people think you just
cast em anywhere and a 40cm bream jumps
on.

Ive had days where ive used gulp
and not had a touch.

I personally think ecogear make great products
and there would have been a fair bit of testing
before they brought these onto the market.

I had a mate tell me that if you give them
a Rip them of bottom they vibrate a bit ..

Pig
Old 18-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Fingerling

G’day Guys,

Great to see everyone getting out and using the NEW “Soft Bait Lure Hybrid” Ecogearaqua Bream Prawns – also welcoming to see all the comments. We (JML / Ecogear) have spent so much time testing and modifying the Bream Prawn to make them what they are today. As Tony alluded to; we (Ecogear R&D TEAM) created these baits to help anglers catch fish when the going gets tuff. 2nd and 3rd day of tournaments when your area has already had a solid pre-fish and the bite shuts down – these are the times when the Bream Prawn will come into there own.

Taka and Norio (Japanese Designers) have gone to great lengths to make these baits soft enough so bream actually will eat your baits and continually come back to reinvestigate there initial enquiry. There was a fine line between making the Bream Prawn to hard and not allowing the product to excrete the Amino Acids into the water creating the flavour trail that the bream like. Throughout testing across Australia we (Ecogear / JML) found that the model you guys are using now is by far the best feel and texture for bream.

After years of testing I’ve found that the Bream Prawn is better fished on a softer style rod (Composite or vacuum-hybrid) with light fluorocarbon lines for best action and results. Personal opinion – but I don’t use high-modulus graphite. If you bite one in half and hold it into a light source, you will see it has an internal fibrous core that helps the Bream Prawn attach better to you jig-heads. I have also tested many jig hooks over the years and the longer shanked hooks will work better on the BP’s than the conventional style jig-hooks we are currently using in Australia. Also personal opinion.

We (JML / Ecogear) are currently working on new colours and exciting NEW concepts for the Ecogearaqua material specifically for Australia. Snapper and trout seem to love the Aqua products throughout our initial testing and due to the concept of creating species specific Amino Acid based “Soft Bait Lure Hybrid” baits the future will be fruitful for Ecogearaqua users.

Enjoy your fishing!

Gav Dunne
Ecogear R&D Pro Staffer
National Sales Manager
JML Trading PTY Ltd
Old 19-09-2011, 03:07 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
Far enough, what colours would you guys suggest I am currently using mustard seed. I can be a bit impatient sometimes and had high expectations frm these that's all. will be trying these more in the holidays, 4 days to go.
Old 19-09-2011, 03:23 AM
Mature Bream

im keen to get a pack but from what i hear maybe i shouldnt, i dont get alot of money as im only 13, so dont want to waste it. if i get some what colour is most affective, and should i go for 50 or 40mm sizes
Old 19-09-2011, 03:46 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Luc View Post
im keen to get a pack but from what i hear maybe i shouldnt, i dont get alot of money as im only 13, so dont want to waste it. if i get some what colour is most affective, and should i go for 50 or 40mm sizes
Hey jean i think there definitely worth it, as everyone has been saying yes they do sometimes not produce but hey thats fishing, the first day i got them i went down to my local spot, i could see numbers of bream eating under a jetty, i thought what an awesome way to test these bad boys out.
Nothing got it right in front of there mouths they gave it a quick sniff and went back to feeding on the jetty.
After about 30 or so mins using the 40mm mustard seed i was getting a little iffy about them, then i switched to a 50mm salt and pepper, same spot first 5 cast produced 30+cm bream.
So it really depends on they area they are feeding, i believe the salt and pepper worked better because this area is more abundunt with jelly prawns and they have a similar look.
After that i caught a sol and a small trevor just dead sticking them on a bank haha.

So im guessing it depends on the area your fishing but the salt and pepper prawn gave me the best results, they were better than any lure i have ever used, but the mustard seed was useless, might have to try the mustard seed where there are some yabbies.

Sorry for rambling on but i thought i would let you know if you are a bit iffy on buying them

PB SP Bream - 37cm (fork) 2" bananna prawn
PB HB Bream - 33cm 3b fat dog "hooch"
Old 19-09-2011, 04:25 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgruber View Post
Hey jean i think there definitely worth it, as everyone has been saying yes they do sometimes not produce but hey thats fishing, the first day i got them i went down to my local spot, i could see numbers of bream eating under a jetty, i thought what an awesome way to test these bad boys out.
Nothing got it right in front of there mouths they gave it a quick sniff and went back to feeding on the jetty.
After about 30 or so mins using the 40mm mustard seed i was getting a little iffy about them, then i switched to a 50mm salt and pepper, same spot first 5 cast produced 30+cm bream.
So it really depends on they area they are feeding, i believe the salt and pepper worked better because this area is more abundunt with jelly prawns and they have a similar look.
After that i caught a sol and a small trevor just dead sticking them on a bank haha.

So im guessing it depends on the area your fishing but the salt and pepper prawn gave me the best results, they were better than any lure i have ever used, but the mustard seed was useless, might have to try the mustard seed where there are some yabbies.

Sorry for rambling on but i thought i would let you know if you are a bit iffy on buying them
thanks macgruber, my mate can get them from his local tackle shop so might give them a go. iv only ever got 2 legal bream on lures before and i am very keen to get some more, hopefully these work
Old 19-09-2011, 04:37 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Luc View Post
thanks macgruber, my mate can get them from his local tackle shop so might give them a go. iv only ever got 2 legal bream on lures before and i am very keen to get some more, hopefully these work
Well i couldnt reccomend them more!
Chuck them at structure and see what happens, if you dont get anything dont be discouraged keep trying, maybe with a diff colour

PB SP Bream - 37cm (fork) 2" bananna prawn
PB HB Bream - 33cm 3b fat dog "hooch"
Old 19-09-2011, 04:39 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgruber View Post
Well i couldnt reccomend them more!
Chuck them at structure and see what happens, if you dont get anything dont be discouraged keep trying, maybe with a diff colour
i wont be getting them until a few weeks, until then i will stick with gulp shrimp
Old 19-09-2011, 04:52 AM
Banned

I've changed my mind about these things. At $12 i could just get a few packets of frozen prawns. If Eco were to make sure that there were plenty in each pack then i may consider it on really tough days. Is it just me or has luring gone out of fishing with lure's? How is dead sticking any different from using bait? Seems to me these don't require any imparted action at all? If you are catching all your fish dead sticking are you really catching fish on lures?

I have nothing against using bait by the way but there is a big difference between these things and real lures in my opinion from what i have heard.