Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Hulls

Hulls Come in here to find info on that next boat you buy…

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 21-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Mature Bream

It definatly helpd having acess to a work shop and having some one that knows a bit about what there doing helps as well.
We didnt design any thing on my project we new wat we wanted it to look like when we were finished, ordered the steel then just made it up as we went. i think putting all the deck down and doing the carpet is going to be the hardest. It didnt reall matter what the stel looked like cause you wont see it, it still looked gourgious though.

Good luck wit the project.
Happy to help if i can,

Lewa

PB Bream 50cm-->100mm wriggler
PB Perch 50cm-->100mm wriggler
PB Bass 54cm-->sx48
PB Trout 62cm-->sx48
Old 22-04-2008, 12:53 AM
Blue Lip

carried on a little further at lunch time today and this morning before work. Started by measuring and cutting the two supports for the outside (port & starboard) of the casting deck. Tidied up the deck tamplate and cut out same ready for more work.

At lunchtime I set about putting in the additional supports and fastening it all down

Hmmmm, not sure y but cant seem to upload the pictures of the frames........gremlins hiding my shoddy work perhaps?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Casting deck test after cutting.jpg (26.7 KB, 1090 views)
File Type: jpg Looking more complete now.jpg (28.2 KB, 1084 views)
File Type: jpg Casting deck frame 1.jpg (37.0 KB, 1065 views)

Its a work in progress

Last edited by CK; 22-04-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 22-04-2008, 01:22 AM
Blue Lip

have you got any plans for a live well and/or storage?

GL with it
Old 22-04-2008, 01:29 AM
Blue Lip

No, no plans for a live well Justin. As I mentioned earlier, I dont fish the comps. Not good enough anyway! and I'd hate to over capitalise on the boat. As for storage, well I'll cut a hatch in the fwd casting deck. Later on I might extend the deck back to the first rib behind the fwd thwart and put in one of those built in tackle chests. The ones that old 3 plano boxes. I then might do another deck between the rear thawrt and the transom. The main thing presently is to get the fwd deck, floor, and electronics in and working before next Monday

Its a work in progress
Old 22-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Blue Lip

Ok here we go again. More work done. Am getting to the fiddly bits now and the time its taking to do things is showing. After yesterdays effort of putting down all the framing for the casting deck, i set about confirming the fitting of the template and cutting out the deck. A few small modifications and that was done.

I then had to mark out where the hatch was going to be and cut that out. No dramas there. Well almost none Whats that about measure twice and cut once Instead of cutting the board to the outer edge of the the inside beam, I marked it to the middle Its no big drama, but the plan was to have another horizontal and have the hinges inbetween the two horizontal beams. Never mind no real harm done.

With all the above done, it was time to start laying the carpet. The floor is a two person job and I was on my own so I decided to do just the fwd deck. Its probably the hardest bit to do and it took most of the time I had last night but it was done. I'm not totally ahppy with it but then its just me that can see the imperfections and as I've already pointed out I'm pushed for time and its showing in the quality of the job.

When I came in this morning I put the carpeted deck into position and marked out the new lines for the hatch. Tested it for a good fit and have the carpet drying as we speak ready for the ends to be folded and glued.

Wont be getting much done today as I need to get the hinges, some fastners for them and take the tinnie to a welder to have some C channel welded on the bum for the transducers

Keep watching for further updates, less than 5 days to go
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Casting deck frame.jpg (37.0 KB, 1071 views)
File Type: jpg Casting deck frame 2.JPG (77.8 KB, 1075 views)
File Type: jpg Casting deck test after cutting.jpg (26.7 KB, 1072 views)
File Type: jpg Carpeting the casting deck.jpg (38.5 KB, 1067 views)
File Type: jpg Casting deck after carpeting & in place.JPG (73.8 KB, 1072 views)

Its a work in progress
Old 23-04-2008, 03:07 AM
Poddy Bream

i noticed the service valves of a bitzer are you a fridgee ?
Old 23-04-2008, 03:38 AM
Blue Lip

No D'nB, but I do work in the game. Ummmm, lets rephrase that.......ummmmm I'm employed by a company in that line of work. Me ......work, ummmmmm only when its absolutely neccessary

Well spotted care to nominate the model compressor

Its a work in progress
Old 24-04-2008, 03:30 AM
Blue Lip

Well I finished carpeting all the decks today. The floor was done before work with the edges getting done progressivly throughout the day. I found that if i folded the edges over and left them there with some weight for a period that the carpet would take on some memory and make glueing a little easier. So whilst making things easier, it also slowed them down a tad as I was glueing a side, leaving it for an hour or so, then folding the next edge, leaving for an hour or so then coming back and glueing. I think u get the picture.

The other set back I found today, was that the transducer bracket I had welded was not long enough to accomodate both of the transducers, I hadnt allowed for the fact that the dual frequency transducer would be so big. My plan now is to use liquid nails on the speed temp sensor as a temporary measure until I get back from my trip. Then I'll look at having another bracket welded onto the other side to accomodate that transducer.

With the floor now completed I put that in but have not yet fastened it down. I'm not sure If I will either at this point as it is easier to remove this way after a day on the water and it doesnt move anywhere so ........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Casting deck port side.JPG (69.7 KB, 1040 views)
File Type: jpg Carpeted Floor from starboard side.JPG (67.6 KB, 1042 views)
File Type: jpg Carpeted floor from the Port side.JPG (68.8 KB, 1036 views)
File Type: jpg Casting Deck starboard Side.JPG (70.4 KB, 1038 views)
File Type: jpg Even more complete.JPG (79.9 KB, 1040 views)

Its a work in progress

Last edited by CK; 24-04-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old 24-04-2008, 04:19 AM
Mature Bream

looks mint great job i reckon
brenz

HB:44 CM
SP:49 CM
Old 24-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Blue Lip

Thanks Brendan

Today, I went in again to tify a few things up. Couldnt do much as I need more fastners and being ANZAC day everything is closed. I put the leccie in postion to see how it was going to go and mounted the eagle at the helm.

I thought I would have to make up some sort mount for the leccie to get it out the away from trouble, but this isnt the case. Tommorrow I'll get the fastners I need for both it and the hinges for the hatch. I'll look at a couple of new batteries, one for the leccie and another for running lights and electronics, wire up all the above and do the trailer bearings. Then with fingers and toes crossed, I'll be ready for a quick run around the local estuary to confirm all is good and be ready to hit the highway on Tuesday.

Todays pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eagle 480DF in helm position.jpg (133.8 KB, 1026 views)
File Type: jpg Side shot inc, leccie, & sounders.jpg (233.2 KB, 1023 views)

Its a work in progress

Last edited by CK; 24-04-2008 at 11:53 PM.
Old 24-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Blue Lip

Also had a look at getting the portable transducer from the X25 to fit to the leccie. This was an easy enough task and all thats needed now is some large cable ties to complete that job.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Leccie temporary fit with front transducer.JPG (103.1 KB, 1018 views)
File Type: jpg Leccie temporary fit from port side.JPG (97.5 KB, 1011 views)

Its a work in progress
Old 25-04-2008, 02:13 AM
Mature Bream

Thats come up quite well. let us know how she goes in the christening ay.
Old 25-04-2008, 03:20 AM
Mature Bream

good work mate it's a mini version off my boat
yoy will find it a bit slower but stabler with the extra weight

PB Bream -42cm pearl blue powerbait
Old 25-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Blue Lip

Thanks Bream Queen and Barra Kid. The photos dont show it but I'm not totally happy with the result. Its been a rush jub and in places it shows. Or maybe I'm just being too hard on myself. I'm no DIY'r so maybe it aint so bad considering.

Planned to mount the leccie this morning, but to my horror my preferred supplier was closed today , so have brough everything home and got some fastners from the local hardware. These will do till I get back from Nelson and can set about changing them to something more suitable.

BM, will defineatly do a report when I return. How interesting or successful it will be remains to be seen, I'm no bream gun. But have been there before long before the SP revolution hit and had an average trip so hopefully I can improve on that.

BK, I'm guessing u have a stacer also. What size? I'd love a boat more suitable to this style of fishing, aka, proline, hornet or similar, but this will have to do for the time being. Having two boats is costly and unless I can get the wife more in tune with this lure fishing gig. I'm gonna find it hard to justify upgrading. Never mind presently this style of fishing is a solo event for me at the moment so it shouldnt be too much of a drama until my toddler son is old enough to be be fishing seriously beside me.

As for speed, well, I dont have any accurate fiqures from before the refit, but think I was getting 27mph with one up at WOT. Have a speed and temp transducer fitted to the eagle now so will see what I can get from it and let u know. I wasnt to fussed before, but am thinking about a gps for the unit now. Hmmmmm, where would I fit it though.

Its a work in progress

Last edited by CK; 25-04-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 26-04-2008, 03:13 AM
Mature Bream

yoy will find it a bit slower but stabler with the extra weight [/QUOTE]

thats right a bit slower but with that 25 on the back she will hoot along reguardless of the weight great little rig same as mine almost still yet to upgrade the 15 to a 25or 30 hp though cant wait
cheers brenz

HB:44 CM
SP:49 CM

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: