Go Back   Bream Master Forums > FishPhart > Cameras and Accessories

Cameras and Accessories What Camera to Buy be it Big or Small and What to Get With it.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 24-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBennett View Post
Thanks for all of the replies guys, sounds like the 105 is the way to go and she is rather happy with this decision. although my bank account may not be.....

the exact model i am looking at getting is the "AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED" so yes purple5ive it does have auto focus as far as i am aware and it is also a fixed aperture of f/2.8

regards, Dave
Have you got a good price on one?
Old 29-10-2013, 08:05 AM
Poddy Bream

Sorry for the late reply fellas,
I have a rough idea of what both of those are, but the other half understands it allot more than me and is explaining the differences to me right now unfortunately ( hope she didn't see me write that )

Anyway purple5ive, the first photo is what i was referring to, being such a close photo. but i was thinking more along the lines of taking photos of fish eyes and scales to some extent, as well as single lures and guides on rods etc...

she is taking photos of the same sort as the 2nd one atm but with less emphasis on the focal point or something like that. (with the af-s 18-55mm or what ever it is)

i think the price for the lens we were looking at was around the $900 mark (AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED)

regards.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:05 AM
Fingerling

Im shooting 105 macro Nikon

this is what they can do
http://www.redbubble.com/people/alph...7-tangled-mess
they get in pretty close if you want.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:09 AM
Mature Bream

Quite the expensive hobie photography . That being said, macro lenses are sometimes the most versatile and with modern cameras ISO capabilities the old downfall of macros (higher than most primes aperture) they have become a lot more versatile.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:29 AM
Blue Lip

I am a canon user but the 100mm canon (pretty similar to the 105's mentioned here) is great. You can use it as a normal lens but when you want to get up and personal you can take some cracker shots.

This was taken just playing about up at the farm lighting was relatively low but the lens stood up and got me a great shot.
If they're on, I'll be late, if it's quiet, I'll be late."
Old 08-01-2014, 05:48 AM
Fingerling

Nice image breamingwithjoy,
those two lens are very much the same and have used both. Credit where credit due, very nice.

Jut the original question do your research with lenses as some third party are equal to better in different ranges. Take the Sigma 70 to 200 f2.8 $1600 compared to Nikons nearly 3k for there model and the glass is almost the same.

One thing that I tell a lot of people when buying a camera and lenses is that a lot of the cheaper cameras are just as good as the big guns, spend the money on a lens. For Canon L series len on a 300 body is not much different than being on a 3k body. Of course you get what you pay for but images from both are brilliant with GOOD GLASS. Good luck with it all and yes it get expensive.

Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breamingwithjoy View Post
I am a canon user but the 100mm canon (pretty similar to the 105's mentioned here) is great. You can use it as a normal lens but when you want to get up and personal you can take some cracker shots.

This was taken just playing about up at the farm lighting was relatively low but the lens stood up and got me a great shot.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: