Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > WA Bream Classics

Old 21-05-2011, 04:26 AM

Guys

Thanks for the feedback.

A few reasons for trialling something new -

I got a bigger swag of prizes available for this comp.
I wanted to try something that would encourage new entrants.
The change in format is also responding to sponsor and potential sponsor input (and they are important).
And sometimes you just have to try new things - "nothing ventured nothing gained".

No - there will not be a vote!
But I will guage the response and make a call on it.

Craig
Old 21-05-2011, 05:13 AM
Big Bream

Its been stated that this new format is a trial for this comp . One of your reasons was to encourage new competitors to enter but shouldnt a descision like this been made public much before this information was actually released. Its only been a week since the new prize conditions were made public leaving me under the impression that this hasnt given new comers enough time to read up on this and enter. If this was a late decision to make this call then i can understand but i wouldve thought a trial like this would be applied to the next round with the information released much earlier to let the news circulate through out the angling community and attract new comers to full affect.
I share the same views as macca and steve but at the same time i try to support the growth of the sport as much as i can. I just wouldve liked to see the sport grow using different methods.
Old 21-05-2011, 05:40 AM
Blue Lip

what happen to fishing for the fun and companionship...its not all about taking a trailer of gear home...its ALL about kicking Vagas.s ass....
Old 21-05-2011, 06:14 AM

Shano

In a perfect world I would agree with you but there are things that happen behind the scenes that impact on each comp - and no I am not going to elaborate.

We shall see how it works out and take it from there.

See you all in the morning

Craig
Old 21-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Big Bream

Thanks Craig for making it fresh and interesting.

Thats why I have entered at the last minute.

PB to the fork SP: 39cm Zman 2.5" Grub
PB to the fork HB: 43cm DUO Bivi Vibe

"enjoy what you do"
Old 21-05-2011, 07:58 AM
Big Bream

new rules

I agree wholheartedly with Steve, Alex and Shano. I think that this theory that it will bring more boats on the water is misguided, there is generally the same ammount of boats in each comp, and if Getum, Two men in a tinny, and Cranka are always winning then its because they do a better job. Extending the prizes to the top ten is fair enough, but you still have to reach the top ten, so how is this going to bring more entrants. I don't profess to know how to extend the entrants, but do disagree with Szarns (no offence mate) idea of making different categories, as this will make it more divisive, and not encourage any more entrants. I also find it strange that this was only put out 3 days before the event, as we all know there about 3 teams that have qualified for the GF in both of the previous events, and maybe if this was put out before it was maybe they would not have entered this one, because to pay $140 to enter and come first and win a prize meant for the 10th spot would be uneconomical perhaps. When you are in their position its not about the glory (they have already earned that in previous rounds) but maybe its about the chance to win a good prize. On a lighter note, if it ain't broke why fix it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: